[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Pixel 3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
you should be able to download older builds from the downloads website, just scroll down and there should be some available.
I cannot find any older builds. Even on github I can only find the source for the older builds, no images.
Maybe they only keep the latest, which is bad news when that is a dud.
I might go back to the final stock rom, but I am slightly temped by PE.

superboss2300

Mar 23, 2023
I cannot find any older builds. Even on github I can only find the source for the older builds, no images.
Maybe they only keep the latest, which is bad news when that is a dud.
I might go back to the final stock rom, but I am slightly temped by PE.
Oh I thought they kept older builds available. For me at least, updating the build from settings seemed to have fixed the issue.

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
I found a way to use my phone for now. I tried a few launchers and most just crash but one called OLauncher is working.

To install it I got into settings via the notification panel, went to Apps, selected a random user app, then tapped "App details" to get me into the play store. From there I could search for and install OLauncher. Launched it from there, then pressed the home button and got the option to make it the default launcher.

Hope that helps someone.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I found a way to use my phone for now. I tried a few launchers and most just crash but one called OLauncher is working.

To install it I got into settings via the notification panel, went to Apps, selected a random user app, then tapped "App details" to get me into the play store. From there I could search for and install OLauncher. Launched it from there, then pressed the home button and got the option to make it the default launcher.

Hope that helps someone.
were you by chance using 2 button navigation before the update?

amd_h4x0r

Feb 24, 2010
Illinois
www.youtube.com
For those with problems from 0326 build, you can try booting from the other slot which will load the previously flashed build.

adb reboot fastboot
fastboot getvar-current slot (it will tell you slot a or b)
fastboot --set-active=a/b (enter only a or b, whichever is not the active slot)
reboot

Reactions: allrightlite

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
For those with problems from 0326 build, you can try booting from the other slot which will load the previously flashed build.

adb reboot fastboot
fastboot getvar-current slot (it will tell you slot a or b)
fastboot --set-active=a/b (enter only a or b, whichever is not the active slot)
reboot
Only if you didn't install 0325 build which is just as bad 😀

Reactions: allrightlite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 3a

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Google Pixel 3a .

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • sargo - Official builds​
    • sargo - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • ESIM enrollment is broken, but if you enroll before upgrade it should work fine.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Sourc.e: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9
    As of the April builds the unofficial should pass safety net.
    I have not flashed in years! Got bored last night, set up ADB, downloaded and flashed 20. Tutorials on here were great as I was a little rusty from using CMD! Smooth install and running smooth! Thank you.

My SIG IS WRONG LOL
    Well official or not, I am very thankful for this build already; I now have Android 13 on the Pixel 3a, and it comes with all the Google stuff built in already; cool! First thing I did after setting up my account here was to give a thumbs up to @npjohnson for this :) Cheers!
    Hey all, I am moving and therefore the unofficial update server/wiki will be down for a few days. Likely Wednesday, Friday at the worst.

Don’t panic when links in the OP don’t work, and your Updater app says something like “Can’t connect to server”. It is planned outage.

Thanks, see you on the other side!