• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS R Mod //LiR

Search This thread

JuanTamqd21

Screenshot_20210228-134757_Trebuchet.png

Reactions: hacker812c

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
Just discovered all samsung low end devices like minedon't have light sensor despite technical specs online saying otherwise.
Instead, samsung uses "virtual" camera light sensor. It takes a picture of you on unlock to read light values for that 😖
So unless i use stock firmware, autobrightness is out for me, i guess...

This is something that would have to be implemented upstream, i.e. Phhusion's base Treble patches. It's up to him if it is feasible to implement in Phh Treble.

If not, maybe another Dev could work out a front-camera-based solution that works for your device.

corpsegrinder62

Jan 17, 2011
maybe a dumb question, but has anyone gotten magisk to work successfully on these xxZ builds? i tried BvZ and some of your other R roms too, but for some reason when you flash magisk then path fix, magisk works but path is broken so modules don't work from terminal, eg busybox not found and props doesn't launch, it gives a bin/su error, with bvn builds this doesnt happen. but root does work from magisk eg file managers work browsing system, just magisk modules don't.

anyone else face this?

eremitein

May 16, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
magisk works but path is broken so modules don't work from terminal, eg busybox not found and props doesn't launch, it gives a bin/su error, with bvn builds this doesnt happen. but root does work from magisk eg file managers work browsing system, just magisk modules don't.

anyone else face this?
known issue, i will fix it in the next build

Reactions: paf22

IamTheBRAVE

Just discovered all samsung low end devices like minedon't have light sensor despite technical specs online saying otherwise.
Instead, samsung uses "virtual" camera light sensor. It takes a picture of you on unlock to read light values for that 😖
So unless i use stock firmware, autobrightness is out for me, i guess...
UPDATE: did some research. I extracted system.img from the rom i use as base for this gsi (Ultimate Q S21 port for A20). It has a samsung app called CameraLightSensor, that uses the camera to extract light values. Looking at the smali (noob here) shows it uses some samsung framework jars and libraries...
Problem is installing gsi overwrites everything. Tried using a flashable zip with the relevant files but it didn't work, probably missed something (my skills are limited).

Reactions: paf22

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
UPDATE: did some research. I extracted system.img from the rom i use as base for this gsi (Ultimate Q S21 port for A20). It has a samsung app called CameraLightSensor, that uses the camera to extract light values. Looking at the smali (noob here) shows it uses some samsung framework jars and libraries...
Problem is installing gsi overwrites everything. Tried using a flashable zip with the relevant files but it didn't work, probably missed something (my skills are limited).

Try using Velis Auto Brightness in Play Store, it has a lot of settings for building your own autobrightness curve and custom selection of light sensor source for input including camera.

Reactions: IamTheBRAVE

IamTheBRAVE

Update: autobrightness working now.👍
Velis alone was not working. Reason: SamsungCLSensor is not picking up light values. Found a 3rd party app called Camera as Light Sensor that uses camera to update light value correctly but only works inapp. It only has camera permission while in use, and doesn't work in background despite battery optimization disabled. Any way to fix this?
When used with velis, it's working correctly.
So in the end i needed:
The treble-autobright overlay, velis autobrightness app and Camera as Lightsensor app
Thank you guys for the help and suggestions

Heeni

Dec 25, 2020
Auckland NZ
I installed this on my newly-unlocked Lenovo X505F. There was no navbar, and no menu option to configure navbar. I had to enable it with
Code:
abd shell
su
settings put --lineage system force_show_navbar 1

(Thanks to https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/jogua9/how_should_i_enable_soft_navigation_bar_through/)

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good so far.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
I installed this on my newly-unlocked Lenovo X505F. There was no navbar, and no menu option to configure navbar. I had to enable it with
Code:
abd shell
su
settings put --lineage system force_show_navbar 1

(Thanks to https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/jogua9/how_should_i_enable_soft_navigation_bar_through/)

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good so far.
Admittedly I haven't flashed the ROM yet (I don't flash things I can't compile myself), but are you sure it's not just fullscreen gesture navigation by default a la Pixel?

Heeni

Dec 25, 2020
Auckland NZ
I'd have to go back and reset everything to be 100% sure, but there was no way to change the settings. The settings option in Accessibility appeared only after I'd run the command.

It's possible it's something peculiar to this tablet, but I thought it worth mentioning in case someone else runs into it.

If I end up doing a reset, I can check.

Heeni

Dec 25, 2020
Auckland NZ
Admittedly I haven't flashed the ROM yet (I don't flash things I can't compile myself), but are you sure it's not just fullscreen gesture navigation by default a la Pixel?
I did end up installing various ROMs based on phh-treble, and they all had the same issue: no navbar, no fullscreen gestures, just nothing - which is a bit disconcerting when you get into a page with no back arrow at the top. :) I suspect that if I installed phh's vanilla ROM, I'd find it there, but having got the tab set up more or less how I want it, I'd rather not go off on another testing round right now.

Anyway, it seems like it might be peculiar to this tablet, unless anyone else comes up with a report.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "lir-v312-210813-arm64-bgZ" indicates to me as per screenshot...?
    Note that Camera2 (com.android.camera2) ≠ Snap (org.lineageos.snap). Snap requires some device-specific configuration.
    I have try it yet, and doesnt work. It´s still on Magisk red state. I am trying using patches on Magisk, but doesnt work. The error is in CTSProfile (basicintegrity appears OK) :confused:
    i don't care about magisk cts
    those options can help passing SafetyNet without magisk and even with weird vendors
    do clean install v313 without magisk(remove magisk totally) and enable in Phh settings > Misc > Safetynet first and then Pixel 5 spoofing and reboot
    i can confirm that safetynet works without magisk, enabling safetynet and pixel 5 spoofing and rebooting, on my device. Very smooth GSI.
    • Andy's GSI: The wifi runs on WPA+WPA2 and WPA2+WPA3
    • Eremitein'S bgz version: The wifi runs just on WPA+WPA2. If I switsch the router to WPA2+WPA3 the wifi comes off, if I switch the router back to WPA+WPA2 it comes on again.
    Thanks. I can confirm that with v313 (changes: disabled WPA2 to WPA3 auto-upgrade) I can set up my router back to WPA2 + WPA3 and the wifi on the phone stays on...
    L i R

< Your warranty is now void! >
    We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you

LiR is a project which based on LineageOS 18.1 with @AndyYan's and @phhusson's Treble GSI patches. Built with some Andy's patches & recommendations, also even without "ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true" flag. System can run with SELinux enforced state, as original Phh AOSP GSI. Fully compatible with PHH-Treble patches. Has dynamic root which can be activated/deactivated without reboot - 'su' binary and SuperUser app (can works on all devices even with system read-only). Also has dynamic SafetyNet helper (but it compatible not with all devices), users have four ways to pass SafetyNet: a. just enable SafetyNet option (recommended) b. disable SafetyNet and enable "Spoof Pixel 5" then reboot c. enable both options and reboot d. mount system as RW and create empty file /system/phh/secure (legacy method), and in the Recovery do Wipe Data

UPDATE VERSION
    latest build:
    treble patches: v313
    SPL: 5 Sep 2021

FEATURES/CHANGES
    see Project page changelog

DOWNLOAD (CL1CK HERE)
    vanilla, gapps, go-gapps: all possible architectures

NAMING
    Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH>
    can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x
    can either be a or b
    y
    can either be v, o, g or f
    Z
    can be N, S or Z

b
    =
    a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included
    Z = dynamic superuser included

-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)

so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

CONTACTS
    > telegram group
    > project page

KN0WN BUGS
    excluding fixes, the same as on LineageOS GSI by Andy Yan (in some cases doesn't work: broadcasting on TV, calls via BT; offline charging does not work normally etc)
    NOTE: always test ROM first without Magisk (with clean boot ramdisk). and don't send me bug reports if you have:
    a) Magisk installed
    b) modified/custom vendor or kernel
    c) dirty flashing rom without wiping data
    d) modified props values (another device fingerprint and so on)

CREDITS
    persons:
    @phhusson, @AndyYan
    projects: TrebleGSI • LineageOS • BlissROMs • crDroid • PixelExperience • ION • neon-OS • Havoc-OS • Evolution-X • LiquidRemix • ExtendedUI • ABC Rom • GrapheneOS • SyberiaOS
    LiR v302 2021.03.18 (beta2)
    download /// changelog