** Disclaimer I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war and ends the world as we know it. You have been warned.
- ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J5008 | SM-J500H | SM-J500F/G/M/Y | SM-J500FN
- ROM Status: Stable
- ROM OS: LineageOS 14.1
- Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
- Project Gerrit Review site: https://review.msm8916.com/
- Telegram Channel (for ROM build/completion notifications): https://telegram.me/Samsung_MSM89XX
- Telegram Group (for Q&A): https://telegram.me/joinchat/AJrZvz_pGY7Pvfis9kzMwA
- Bug reports: https://bugs.msm8916.com/
Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
[B]SM-J500F/G/M/Y[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]j5lte[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-J5008[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]j5ltechn[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-J500FN[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]j5nlte[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-J500H[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]j53gxx[/B][/COLOR]
All builds: https://download.msm8916.com/
Jenkins Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/LineageOS_Builds/job/Samsung_Galaxy_J5/
TWRP Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/TWRP_Builds/
Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
* Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.
* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].
* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
if you are coming from a stock ROM.
* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:
* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:
adb sideload name_of_zip.zip
to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.
* Download and flash GApps in the same way.
How to provide logcats
[B]* Install samsung device drivers and then the adb utils from here:[/B] [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url] [b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb, and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b] [I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I] [b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b] [b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]
[b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's package manager and execute the command:[/b] [I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I] [b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b] [b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]
* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.
* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:
adb connect [ip address here]
And then the adb logcat command for windows.
[B] * Supports both MM/LL bootloaders. * OMS/Substratum theming support. * The usual LineageOS features. * All builds support over-the-air updates. [/B]
Q: Are you taking device requests?
A: If and only if the device is using an msm8916 chip, and you're willing to buy me/donate the device for testing, sure.
Q: But I don't have that kind of money! What else?
A: Alternatively, if you're skilled with Linux and adb, and have an unsupported device, if you're willing to work with me as a tester, that works as well.
Q: Are you accepting feature requests?
A: Unless you're willing to implement it yourself, no.
Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?
A: Unless more people donate, no. I simply don't have the time to maintain more than LOS nor money to hold that many ROMs on my already (tiny) struggling server.
Q: Can I throw money at you?
A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.
You want to help?
- We need hardware power to get the builds done.
If you want to help us go faster, send a PM to @kentone or
@vince2678. Your computer will act as a client for our jenkins server.
- In a perfect world, that would be all, but unfortunately no. We need money to keep the server running and keep bringing these ROMs.
- As always, logcat any problem you find.
PLEASE, don't PM @vince2678, as he's busy right now, and your questions can be not answered. PM @kentone instead, write here on the post, or on the telegram group, your questions will be responded as soon as we can Understand that we have family, studies and jobs aside of this project. Thanks for your understanding
[UNOFFICIAL][OMS][ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J5008/H/F/FN/G/M/Y], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: >= 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2018-08-10