• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unofficial One UI 3.1 Rollback? (I know it's likely a stretch)

Search This thread

Jfunkey

Dec 2, 2021
I've looked through official Samsung material and they currently don't offer any methods of rolling back the device to its previous update. It has vexed me with issues both aesthetic and software related and I was wondering if anyone perhaps preserved one of these builds, if it was possible at all, and if I could do it without bricking the phone! At the moment I feel crazy enough to try it and frankly this would be an educational experience. I've done a lot of work with Windows and I'm vaguely familiar with Linux terminals. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

If anyone out there is crazy enough to have an answer to my question, I would be very appreciative. Samsung really dropped the ball on this one and I had no idea it was already shipping or else I would've attempted to prevent this. Usually I really enjoy One Ui, but today, not so much. Thanks in advance.

Jfunkey

Dec 2, 2021
I think you need to unlock the bootloader. All what i could find is if you try to rollback you stuck in download mode.
That's fine with me. Probably going to take more time but I'm not too worried. This is kind of my life raft out if I really hate 12. Which I'm not enjoying so far. Even if it didn't have the bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've looked through official Samsung material and they currently don't offer any methods of rolling back the device to its previous update. It has vexed me with issues both aesthetic and software related and I was wondering if anyone perhaps preserved one of these builds, if it was possible at all, and if I could do it without bricking the phone! At the moment I feel crazy enough to try it and frankly this would be an educational experience. I've done a lot of work with Windows and I'm vaguely familiar with Linux terminals. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

If anyone out there is crazy enough to have an answer to my question, I would be very appreciative. Samsung really dropped the ball on this one and I had no idea it was already shipping or else I would've attempted to prevent this. Usually I really enjoy One Ui, but today, not so much. Thanks in advance.
    Just download the firmware from sammobile or somewhere else and flash it via Odin I managed to get mine back to One UI 3 fine
    @cool
    I have the Snapdragon with 12GBs of RAM. Will your method still work if I have the right firmware?
    If you enter your model number and use the correct firmware yes.