"Unofficial" OpenGApps 8.1/ARM/ARM64

Search This thread

NepoRood

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 26, 2016
Bugtussle
Unofficial OpenGApps for arm/arm64 Devices:

I built these from the OpenGApps git, just updated to API=27 (for Oreo 8.1). ARM64 fully tested on Google Pixel XL (Marlin) as working :good:

Currently Available Packages for ARM:
Aroma, Micro, Mini, Nano, Pico and Stock

Currently Available Packages for ARM64:

IF you need a different package, feel free to request it in this thread. Although, IMO, "Super" and "Full" aren't really needed...

Go to my AFH to download: GApps Packages

These will be updated periodically, until "Official" comes out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask...

Last edited:

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BetterBPrepared

BetterBPrepared

Apr 18, 2017
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
Google Pixel 3
Try forcing assistant to work with this app (requires root) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trivisionzero.getassistant

Thanks for the response! I did try the non-rooted google assistant, and it will work if I hold down on the home button, but I am not able to get it to work with voice input from any screen by saying "OK Google." That option is grayed out for me in settings. Again, I only have this issue with android 8.1 roms. 8.0 roms work great for me. Thanks again for the response!!

Last edited by a moderator:

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
Thanks for the response! I did try the non-rooted google assistant, and it will work if I hold down on the home button, but I am not able to get it to work with voice input from any screen by saying "OK Google." That option is grayed out for me in settings. Again, I only have this issue with android 8.1 roms. 8.0 roms work great for me. Thanks again for the response!!

Which gapps did you install, Pico?

Terminator.J

Jun 11, 2014
Seattle
Downsizing!

I had completely forgotten... you can force any version of opengapps to install as a "smaller" version of the package by including a text file (UTF-8 created in regular ol' windows notepad worked for me) with the following path & name:
Code:
/sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config.txt
...and including a keyword for the 'downsized' package you want to install, in my case the Micro variant:
Code:
# Downsizing the 12/15 mini build to micro
MicroGApps
The # turns that line into a comment; everything else on that line is ignored.
Aroma installer doesn't work quite right in TWRP for my device (ZUK Z2 Pro), but I can take a Super or Stock or Mini or whatever larger-than-Micro install and turn it into Micro just by putting that text file with those lines in it in the right directory before flashing the opengapps package.
Here's a link to the documentation for more tricks like including or excluding specific packages:
https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Advanced-Features-and-Options
Hope this helps!

Reactions: MikeT. and NepoRood

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial OpenGApps for arm/arm64 Devices:

I built these from the OpenGApps git, just updated to API=27 (for Oreo 8.1). ARM64 fully tested on Google Pixel XL (Marlin) as working :good:

Currently Available Packages for ARM:

Currently Available Packages for ARM64:

IF you need a different package, feel free to request it in this thread. Although, IMO, "Super" and "Full" aren't really needed...

Go to my AFH to download: GApps Packages

These will be updated periodically, until "Official" comes out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask...
    Can you share pico for arm? :)

Done, uploading now, give it a few minutes :good:
    Thanks! Size isn't an issues, i just like the way stock gapps replaces everything with google apps(phone, message, contacts etc) ?

No problem, I aim to please, lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs
    Yes, that is correct, pico. I'm going to try to install a larger package. Any suggestions based on what's available. I normally like nano but don't see that as an option.

UPDATE: I just installed micro and "OK Google" is working. Thank you!!

I just added "Nano", but, glad you got it going :)
    Can you please build 8.1 stock gapps(arm)? Thanks.

Sure can, and it's been added to the OP, big file though, over 700Mb...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone