LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
* Your warranty is now void! * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
- Follow the instructions here (read the whole instruction before you do any modifications to your device)
- The virtual light sensor (unlikely to be ever fixed)
- VoLTE/VoWifi, due to the obvious reasons.
- You tell me
- FBE data encryption (AES-256-XTS)
- SELinux Enforcing
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@ActuallyNotGelb for bringup
@A2L5E0X1 for continuing development and providing OTAs
@ap4ss3rby for several fixes (SELinux, performance tuning, proximity sensor fix)
@Linux4 for providing several fixes as well as being an exynos pro
LineageOS for the ROM
and all the other contributors who shared their code publicly
Device tree and kernel source code