Development [CLOSED][DEAD] [UNOFFICIAL] [OTA] LineageOS 19.1 for Samsung Galaxy M12/F12 (M127F/M127G/F127G)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void!
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Instructions
  • Follow the instructions here (read the whole instruction before you do any modifications to your device)

Known Issues
  • The virtual light sensor (unlikely to be ever fixed)
  • VoLTE/VoWifi, due to the obvious reasons.
  • You tell me

Downloads

Features
  • FBE data encryption (AES-256-XTS)
  • SELinux Enforcing

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
@ActuallyNotGelb for bringup
@A2L5E0X1 for continuing development and providing OTAs
@ap4ss3rby for several fixes (SELinux, performance tuning, proximity sensor fix)
@Linux4 for providing several fixes as well as being an exynos pro
LineageOS for the ROM
and all the other contributors who shared their code publicly

Device tree and kernel source code
Exynos850-dev github

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Exynos850 device is not supported by LineageOS yet and you want to help us to add support for it, you can be a tester for it. You can find a list of supported devices in the Telegram group!

For root, while vanilla magisk works perfectly fine, I (and the other devs) recommend lygisk due to its OTA survivability. You can download it here

Last edited:
Reactions: Srssiam

SB3P

Aug 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
Nokia 2.2
Things I've discovered to not be fixed or handled in any particular way (add to known issues):
  • Flashlight management – I'm unsure if that could be integrated into LineageOS SytemUI/Settings, like it is done in OneUI, without actually doing any major modifications within the OS (it still should be LineageOS, after all). It's OK IMO to either provide an app for it or leave it as it is.
  • Bluetooth HSP/HFP profiles – I've noticed LineageOS does not switch (or fails to do so) to HSP/HSF profiles. A2DP works fine, through. This bug also occurs on GSI images (either based on Android 11 or 12).

ap4ss3rby

Sep 9, 2015
Can this be used for M127G? If not then please give gsi guide again until support comes as I am allergic to OneUI
If you read the TODO list you would have known that we are working on it. Please read the thread before asking
Things I've discovered to not be fixed or handled in any particular way (add to known issues):
  • Flashlight management – I'm unsure if that could be integrated into LineageOS SytemUI/Settings, like it is done in OneUI, without actually doing any major modifications within the OS (it still should be LineageOS, after all). It's OK IMO to either provide an app for it or leave it as it is.
  • Bluetooth HSP/HFP profiles – I've noticed LineageOS does not switch (or fails to do so) to HSP/HSF profiles. A2DP works fine, through. This bug also occurs on GSI images (either based on Android 11 or 12).

I'll see what we can do about it. Thanks for your report.

inn0ichi

Mar 7, 2020
Hello. I'm trying to view the instructions but it gives me ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Tried to disable uBlock Origin but still the same error

Hey, so about the first thing, since it's not device specific and I am building vanilla lineage 19.1 without additional patches this will probably be never added, and to be honest I don't even know what you mean with that, I didn't use OneUI on this thing that much.
And about the second thing, I've asked someone and there is a fix but I need you to test this. Do you have telegram or another chat platform? Would be way easier for me then. If not then we can probably pm on xda as well.

SB3P

Aug 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
Nokia 2.2
Hey, so about the first thing, since it's not device specific and I am building vanilla lineage 19.1 without additional patches this will probably be never added (...)
I was pretty sure it is not implemented in stock Android / LineageOS, this is why I think ignoring it is just fine. Probably though it would be possible to distribute a separate app to control a flashlight brightness, with a notification panel actions. But I don't think this is something really needed and might be anyway outside of this project's scope, so I think you could just ignore this. Maybe using PHH app is somehow possible with this ROM to have a GUI to control the brightness.
(...) and to be honest I don't even know what you mean with that, I didn't use OneUI on this thing that much.
It uses an integer from 1-5 scale to control the brightness sensitivity. I believe this is implemented by writing to one of /sys devices, but I may take a look at PHH app to confirm if it works like this.
And about the second thing, I've asked someone and there is a fix but I need you to test this. Do you have telegram or another chat platform? Would be way easier for me then. If not then we can probably pm on xda as well.
I would prefer XDA, feel free to PM me and I will eventually respond to you.

I was pretty sure it is not implemented in stock Android / LineageOS, this is why I think ignoring it is just fine. Probably though it would be possible to distribute a separate app to control a flashlight brightness, with a notification panel actions. But I don't think this is something really needed and might be anyway outside of this project's scope, so I think you could just ignore this. Maybe using PHH app is somehow possible with this ROM to have a GUI to control the brightness.

It uses an integer from 1-5 scale to control the brightness sensitivity. I believe this is implemented by writing to one of /sys devices, but I may take a look at PHH app to confirm if it works like this.

I'd still recommend you get Telegram and join https://t.me/exynos850oss - premium support for free lmao

Also, could you patch LineageOS to support signature spoofing? It would be useful for those who want to pass a safetynet check with microG and with the right combination of Magisk DenyList and Universal SafetyNet Fix module (or at least that's how it worked for me with GSIs).
We're looking to apply for official, we can't do neither of those things (signature spoofing and doing any tweaks to pass safetynet). I'm sorry :/

SB3P

Aug 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
Nokia 2.2
We're looking to apply for official, we can't do neither of those things (signature spoofing and doing any tweaks to pass safetynet). I'm sorry :/

Too bad, it would be at least great to have a build with some patches. With GSIs, even "vanilla" version had signature spoofing and some patches that I'm not sure whenever they helped me at passing safetynet or not. The thing is that I try to "unload" Magisk for some selected apps which I believed that made everything work fine with patched ROM. Now without any signature spoofing, there's probably no way to have signature spoofing without patching ROM (with LSPosed) and disable Magisk on Zygisk. While there's a way to patch a prebuilt ROM, I don't think it will survive OTA.

Last edited:

ap4ss3rby

Sep 9, 2015
Too bad, it would be at least great to have a build with some patches. With GSIs, even "vanilla" version had signature spoofing and some patches that I'm not sure whenever they helped me at passing safetynet or not. The thing is that I try to "unload" Magisk for some selected apps which I believed that made everything work fine with patched ROM. Now without any signature spoofing, there's probably no way to have signature spoofing without patching ROM (with LSPosed) and disable Magisk on Zygisk. There's a way to patch it, but I don't think it will survive OTA.
There is a fork of Magisk that can survive OTA called Lygisk. I have it linked in one of the initial posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void!
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Instructions
    • Follow the instructions here (read the whole instruction before you do any modifications to your device)

Known Issues
    • The virtual light sensor (unlikely to be ever fixed)
    • VoLTE/VoWifi, due to the obvious reasons.
    • You tell me

Downloads

Features
    • FBE data encryption (AES-256-XTS)
    • SELinux Enforcing

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    @ActuallyNotGelb for bringup
    @A2L5E0X1 for continuing development and providing OTAs
    @ap4ss3rby for several fixes (SELinux, performance tuning, proximity sensor fix)
    @Linux4 for providing several fixes as well as being an exynos pro
    LineageOS for the ROM
    and all the other contributors who shared their code publicly

Device tree and kernel source code
    Exynos850-dev github
    If your Exynos850 device is not supported by LineageOS yet and you want to help us to add support for it, you can be a tester for it. You can find a list of supported devices in the Telegram group!

For root, while vanilla magisk works perfectly fine, I (and the other devs) recommend lygisk due to its OTA survivability. You can download it here
    This seems to be an issue with telegraph or possibly you needing to use a VPN. I can access it just fine.
    I used Proxy but images wont load so I archived the site on Wayback Machine and viewed it from there lol.
    Alright I will send you a new boot image in the evening.