LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
By applying any of the modifications here you agree that you voided your warranty. We don't take any responsibility for breaking anything as it is your choice to install this on your device. If you want your device to work 100% don't install this and stay on stock
- Follow the instructions here
- Light sensor doesn't work.
- VoLTE. This is due to Samsung's proprietary implementation of this feature
- Users who used Physwizz recoveries might run into an issue where you cannot set a new password. We are currently researching why this happens.
- M127G/F127G doesn't run its own build or overlays, so it will report as an M127F with a 5000mAh battery instead
- Builds: https://a2l5e0x1.github.io/lineage/devices/m12.html
- GApps: MindTheGapps
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're using TWRP
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
@ActuallyNotGelb for bringup
@A2L5E0X1 for continuing development and providing OTAs
@ap4ss3rby (me) for several fixes (SELinux, performance tuning, proximity sensor fix)
@Linux4 for providing several fixes as well as being an exynos pro
LineageOS for the ROM
and all the other contributors who shared their code publicly
Device tree and kernel source code: