• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[unofficial] Paranoid Android Quartz 3 - LG v40 (judypn)

Search This thread

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
KQrVmxb.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues

Besides selinux being permissive, you tell me :p

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

If/When the device becomes officially supported, builds will be here https://paranoidandroid.co/downloads otherwise, check the second post for builds

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Instructions & requirements

• This device runs under lg vendor, make sure you are coming from latest stock firmware.
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build (Note: No need to flash GApps package separately, we include GApps in our ROM package), also make sure to enable TWRP injection
  • Reboot (In some cases, you may need to set the correct slot before booting ex. if you flashed while on slot a, switch to slot b then reboot, this isn't an issue on most devices, but after wiping data, the system will attempt to boot to the previous slot which most likely will be empty, resulting in a boot screen loop)

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Also be sure to join the Paranoid Android Community on telegram (link above), as this is where you'll get the best support from other community users and devs

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android Quartz, ROM for the LG V40

Contributors
sirhc
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-05-14
Last Updated 2020-05-14

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Hey guys, I'm the framework architect over at the PA team, working on a few Oneplus device, but a buddy of mine gave me this one brand new, so i decided to add some PA love for it. Haven't worked on LG devices in years so bare with me please lol. I've started conversion of the trees provided below to be used on CAFs infrastructure (hals, blobs, etc.) But the trees are based on @SGCMarkus work so huge thanks to him for getting development going. The goal is to get this enforcing and fully operational with CAF blobs etc. to improve performance and reliability. These are all unofficial builds and the team is still determining official support, this is based off of enforcing selinux and performance results

Device tree: https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_device_lge_judypn and https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_device_lge_sdm845-common
Vendor: https://github.com/Sirhc95/proprietary_vendor_lge
Kernel: https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_kernel_lge_sdm845

Builds
May 5th - Quartz 3

Be sure to format data if coming from another rom and remember, no need to flash gapps since we bundle them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-001050.jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-001050.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 2,243
  • Screenshot_20200513-001057.jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-001057.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 2,260
  • Screenshot_20200513-001116.jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-001116.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 2,230
Last edited:

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
Glad to see more people here making ROMs :)

Yeah, never touched selinux (wanted to fix other issues first), and atm other stuff going on. If you have questions or anything, just hit me up on Telegram (im more responsive there than here) ^^
I built PA for the V50 not too long ago (just to check if a bug was source or device tree related), and i noticed you guys have a ton of common caf blobs there. The RIL Stack very likely wont work on LG devices (LG modified the modem, to the point the CAF stuff very likely cant talk to it... atleast the IMS part, idk about the rest). Just wanting to give you a heads up ^^
Tried that once on the V30, IMS services started, but calling/sms didnt work anymore (it stayed on LTE, but yeah, nothing happened during the call), logs indicated that it cant properly talk to the modem.

Somewhat working on reversing/wrapping the LG Ims implementation though, idk if that will ever work tough...

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Glad to see more people here making ROMs :)

Yeah, never touched selinux (wanted to fix other issues first), and atm other stuff going on. If you have questions or anything, just hit me up on Telegram (im more responsive there than here) ^^
I built PA for the V50 not too long ago (just to check if a bug was source or device tree related), and i noticed you guys have a ton of common caf blobs there. The RIL Stack very likely wont work on LG devices (LG modified the modem, to the point the CAF stuff very likely cant talk to it... atleast the IMS part, idk about the rest). Just wanting to give you a heads up ^^
Tried that once on the V30, IMS services started, but calling/sms didnt work anymore (it stayed on LTE, but yeah, nothing happened during the call), logs indicated that it cant properly talk to the modem.

Somewhat working on reversing/wrapping the LG Ims implementation though, idk if that will ever work tough...

Great to know, I'm more so focused on getting it enforcing (if possible) before I continue, doesn't seem to be working, stays in permissive no matter what I do lol so far basic qti components we provide work, gonna update perf stack from caf to start, guess I can avoid ril for now

Reactions: tech_infinity

Gurnzty

Jul 24, 2018
Hey, amazing rom. Just wanted to start with a positive :) But no matter what I do I can't get Bluetooth audio to function properly. It connects and I can choose a device, but no matter what, no audio. I've tried deleting all devices, I've actually reinstalled the rom, I've reset the audio device and no matter what, nothing. Also there are some quirks with audio volume overall. Sometimes it won't turn down the volume at all. It's really weird.

Gurnzty

Jul 24, 2018
When is the update coming? I'm having the Bluetooth issues as well as my face is causing things to happen on screen during calls even though the screen is off. So the proximity sensor seems to be working but the screen is still detecting touch. Odd..... Looking forward to the update!

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
When is the update coming? I'm having the Bluetooth issues as well as my face is causing things to happen on screen during calls even though the screen is off. So the proximity sensor seems to be working but the screen is still detecting touch. Odd..... Looking forward to the update!
Don't ask for a eta, he's doing this on his spare time. Maintaining multiple devices. For free. In the meantime try to take logs using catlog. Reproduce the issues and save the logs to share.

Gurnzty

Jul 24, 2018
Don't ask for a eta, he's doing this on his spare time. Maintaining multiple devices. For free. In the meantime try to take logs using catlog. Reproduce the issues and save the logs to share.

How about fill out an app to be a mod if you want to police the forum and tell people what not to ask. I use this as a daily driver and the issues I've brought up are easily reproducible. Perhaps I would have taken your suggestion better if you didn't feel the need to tell me what not to ask. It's a fair question. If the man doesn't want me to ask an eta, he can tell me himself. I highly doubt he's going to be annoyed that someone is excited to see the next build.

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Feb 3, 2013
Los Osos
How about fill out an app to be a mod if you want to police the forum and tell people what not to ask. I use this as a daily driver and the issues I've brought up are easily reproducible. Perhaps I would have taken your suggestion better if you didn't feel the need to tell me what not to ask. It's a fair question. If the man doesn't want me to ask an eta, he can tell me himself. I highly doubt he's going to be annoyed that someone is excited to see the next build.

Ehhh...still frowned upon to ask for eta....

NoburtM

Jun 29, 2019
I have this on my V40, anyone have any luck getting Magisk installed on it? I don't know if there is an anroid 10 magisk released for the v40 yet though.

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Should've mentioned that it's a xda rule. Will take that into consideration thanks. But if you can capture a log. I'm currently not running this ROM to help the cause.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KQrVmxb.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues

Besides selinux being permissive, you tell me :p

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

If/When the device becomes officially supported, builds will be here https://paranoidandroid.co/downloads otherwise, check the second post for builds

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Instructions & requirements

• This device runs under lg vendor, make sure you are coming from latest stock firmware.
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build (Note: No need to flash GApps package separately, we include GApps in our ROM package), also make sure to enable TWRP injection
    • Reboot (In some cases, you may need to set the correct slot before booting ex. if you flashed while on slot a, switch to slot b then reboot, this isn't an issue on most devices, but after wiping data, the system will attempt to boot to the previous slot which most likely will be empty, resulting in a boot screen loop)

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Also be sure to join the Paranoid Android Community on telegram (link above), as this is where you'll get the best support from other community users and devs

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz, ROM for the LG V40

Contributors
    sirhc
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-05-14
    Last Updated 2020-05-14
    Hey guys, I'm the framework architect over at the PA team, working on a few Oneplus device, but a buddy of mine gave me this one brand new, so i decided to add some PA love for it. Haven't worked on LG devices in years so bare with me please lol. I've started conversion of the trees provided below to be used on CAFs infrastructure (hals, blobs, etc.) But the trees are based on @SGCMarkus work so huge thanks to him for getting development going. The goal is to get this enforcing and fully operational with CAF blobs etc. to improve performance and reliability. These are all unofficial builds and the team is still determining official support, this is based off of enforcing selinux and performance results

Device tree: https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_device_lge_judypn and https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_device_lge_sdm845-common
    Vendor: https://github.com/Sirhc95/proprietary_vendor_lge
    Kernel: https://github.com/Sirhc95/android_kernel_lge_sdm845

Builds
    May 5th - Quartz 3

Be sure to format data if coming from another rom and remember, no need to flash gapps since we bundle them!
    New build coming soon, OnePlus sent me a op8pro so I've been busy doing the bringup for that

Ehhh...still frowned upon to ask for eta....