[UNOFFICIAL] Paranoid Android Quartz 5 - Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
AHI7sQc.png

UNOFFICIAL VERSION - BETA

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues

No major issues

Requirements

Make sure you are running the stable V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM global ROM before flashing the ROM.
If you are on another ROM, things like the camera and possible other features will not work.
You can download it from here:

LMI ROM Download

Download
Get the latest Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro build here:

Download via mega.nz (preferred)
Download via google drive

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

We highly recommend to use TWRP version 3.4.0-14 (newer if available) by Mauronofrio for flashing PA.

You can find his TWRP versions for the device here: Download TWRP

Flashing procedure:
  • Reboot to fastboot/bootloader
  • Boot into twrp (fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-14-lmi-mauronofrio.img)
  • Install pa zipfile in twrp
  • Reboot to system (this will take you into stock recovery)
  • Factory reset the device and then reboot into AOSPA
To install Magisk or PA updates:
  • Install magisk or pa zipfile in twrp
  • Reboot to system

** Note: GAPPS is included in the zip

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
Kernel Source

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android Quartz - Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro), ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)

Contributors
Cave_diver, mickaelmendes50, herna
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM
Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-10-16
Last Updated 2020-10-16

Last edited:

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
Status / Changelog for the Oct. 16 version (first beta release)

Bugs:
- VoWifi not working here (may work for you)
- Fingerprint lights up screen too hard and is a bit inaccurate
- System sounds need slight improvement (sometimes crackling at beginning or end)
- Wfd/Miracast broken here (may work for you)

Working:
- DT2W (actually single tap 2 wake for now)
- VOLTE
- Sound
- Bluetooth
- Front camera motor
- Autobrightness
- Fod
- Wifi
- RIL
- Camera (all lenses in latest Urnyx Gcam)
- GPS
- Sensors
- NFC and Google Pay (with proper Magisk hide / Magisk props settings)

Last edited:

Akib Raj

Jun 4, 2014
My phone is K30 Pro, running 12.0.9 cn. With all these weird rom requirements and smartphone varient (f2 pro/k30 pro. although these are the same thing.), I am now very confused about flashing. Can you confirm me that will it be working if I flash it to my K30 Pro over 12.0.9 cn?

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
My phone is K30 Pro, running 12.0.9 cn. With all these weird rom requirements and smartphone varient (f2 pro/k30 pro. although these are the same thing.), I am now very confused about flashing. Can you confirm me that will it be working if I flash it to my K30 Pro over 12.0.9 cn?

Pretty sure it will not work flashing over 12.0.9 at this point.
All the custom roms for the device right now use a pre built vendor partition and pre built kernel from the specified miui rom they name.
If you use a different one and flash over it, stuff will be broken. This will likely change as roms evolve and mature.
What likely will work but is untested, is using the eea equivalent 12.0.3 but even that is not confirmed right now.

Akib Raj

Jun 4, 2014
Pretty sure it will not work flashing over 12.0.9 at this point.
All the custom roms for the device right now use a pre built vendor partition and pre built kernel from the specified miui rom they name.
If you use a different one and flash over it, stuff will be broken. This will likely change as roms evolve and mature.
What likely will work but is untested, is using the eea equivalent 12.0.3 but even that is not confirmed right now.

thanks mate. one last question. can I flash 12.0.3 on my k30 pro?

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
thanks mate. one last question. can I flash 12.0.3 on my k30 pro?

That depends on your phone.The global and eea modele have 12.0.3 available to them.
If you are actually using the Chinese version of the phone that was meant for the chinese market (your CN firmware seems to indicate that) you probably shouldn't install any other miui rom on it than CN. But again, this is not something I am knowledgeable about and would recommend you search for more information elsewhere.

jbm76

I installed this rom, I made a mistake the first time. Didn't know you had to be on stock recovery, I only saw that part of the instructions in the readme file that was with the rom file. I tried to install from recovery and I had to flash back to stock with miflash.
Some feedback - only slow charging ATM, I was transferring some files and it seems to drop off MTP and just started charging the device. No rcs messaging in google messages? 5g is working and volte! Otherwise nice job!

Note: on the main charger it seems to be charging pretty fast even though it says charging slowly.

Last edited:

Alamien

Jun 15, 2013
Just want to say that I manage to flash this with LR team TWRP.

Awesome ROM, so smooth.. the biggest issue is the fingerprint not accurate , it takes 3 to 4 times to get detected if at all.

Also magisk is not working for me using stable, I'll try canary maybe. For first launch this is great, will be waiting for your update, cheers.

paclaco

Apr 13, 2015
Madrid
First of all, thanks for the work, the installation went smoothly, everything working perfectly and without errors. Great job.

Cave_diver

Feb 15, 2015
the biggest issue is the fingerprint not accurate , it takes 3 to 4 times to get detected if at all.

Also magisk is not working for me using stable, I'll try canary maybe. For first launch this is great, will be waiting for your update, cheers.

You're right about the fod not being all that great, that's going to be worked on.
As to Magisk, 20.4 works here with Magisk Hide Props and a switch to basic authentication.
With that setup the phone is used here with google pay and no issues at all.

Some feedback - only slow charging ATM, I was transferring some files and it seems to drop off MTP and just started charging the device. No rcs messaging in google messages?.

The charging works here, both slow and rapid charging are indicated properly. Maybe check with the next release since mine is always a little bit newer than the one posted.
As to RCS, I think we may have talked about this earlier on TG. RCS seems to work here just fine so I don't really know what the issue is with that right now. Maybe if you have the chance test one of the other new AOSP ROM's for the device too, to see if it's any different with those.

You can find the requirements and flashing instructions in the first post. Let us know if anything is unclear.

Alamien

Jun 15, 2013
You're right about the fod not being all that great, that's going to be worked on.
As to Magisk, 20.4 works here with Magisk Hide Props and a switch to basic authentication.

Ah ok, will try magisk hide props.
Also, I turned on the option to hold power button to turn of flashlight but not working for me? I'm starting to think this and FOD issue is because I didn't use miflash to flash 12.0.3 ROM first....

Btw thanks for all your work, the ROM is amazingly smooth.

jbm76

The charging works here, both slow and rapid charging are indicated properly. Maybe check with the next release since mine is always a little bit newer than the one posted.
As to RCS, I think we may have talked about this earlier on TG. RCS seems to work here just fine so I don't really know what the issue is with that right now. Maybe if you have the chance test one of the other new AOSP ROM's for the device too, to see if it's any different with those.

FYI - Since I have unlocked the phone a lot I have found I have been way more accurate with FOD. It seems like the area is a little smaller to press than what it was on MIUI - my two cents lol.

I'm charging the phone again now and it says charging slowly, but it seems to be charging fast.

I will test out another base, I know someone else who's on Evolution X - same country and carrier. Same issue as me and rcs worked fine for both of us on MIUI.

anon1135

Jan 23, 2017
FYI - Since I have unlocked the phone a lot I have found I have been way more accurate with FOD. It seems like the area is a little smaller to press than what it was on MIUI - my two cents lol.

I'm charging the phone again now and it says charging slowly, but it seems to be charging fast.

I will test out another base, I know someone else who's on Evolution X - same country and carrier. Same issue as me and rcs worked fine for both of us on MIUI.

Rcs has worked on every rom for me after updating the messages app. Sometimes if that doesn't help it'll randomly start working on its own somehow after a few mins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AHI7sQc.png

UNOFFICIAL VERSION - BETA

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues

No major issues

Requirements

Make sure you are running the stable V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM global ROM before flashing the ROM.
    If you are on another ROM, things like the camera and possible other features will not work.
    You can download it from here:

LMI ROM Download

Download
    Get the latest Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro build here:

Download via mega.nz (preferred)
    Download via google drive

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

We highly recommend to use TWRP version 3.4.0-14 (newer if available) by Mauronofrio for flashing PA.

You can find his TWRP versions for the device here: Download TWRP

Flashing procedure:
    • Install pa zipfile in twrp
    • Reboot to system (this will take you into stock recovery)
    • Factory reset the device and then reboot into AOSPA
    To install Magisk or PA updates:
    • Install magisk or pa zipfile in twrp
    • Reboot to system

** Note: GAPPS is included in the zip

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Kernel Source

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz - Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro), ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)

Contributors
    Cave_diver, mickaelmendes50, herna
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: V12.0.3.0.QJKMIXM
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-10-16
    With things moving to Paranoid Android Ruby, Quartz is now end of life and development is moving on.

Thank you all for testing, I'm going to ask a moderator to kindly close the thread.