• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro]

Search This thread

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza
Reactions: darkoj2007

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
For the Setup Wizard, read this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...ps-android-t4012165/post81060589#post81060589

Google's SetupWizard installation is now dependent on a config file. The config file (i.e; bitgapps-config.prop) must be placed in internal storage, but not in any folder. Skip this step, if you do not want to install SetupWizard components. Config file must be placed in right directory before you install anything.

ro.config.setupwizard=true

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Sadly can`t be done. Can`t see the phone with adb. no worries mate, I hope we will get through this and we can enjoy the rom. I assume you use it so probably there are not any bugs that keep us from using it as daily driver. Have a nice day :)
Ya it's stable. Sorry for this Google issue , not that it's my fault, but whatever... Tomorrow I will format and see which one works and put it in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200116-184039.png
    Screenshot_20200116-184039.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 462
  • Screenshot_20200116-184012.jpg
    Screenshot_20200116-184012.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 455
  • Screenshot_20200116-183948.jpg
    Screenshot_20200116-183948.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 450

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
Wow! First proper AOSP ROM for My McLaren edition, thanks ever so much. You even beaten LOS guys here, good work!

Couple of questions;
1. Is it possible to run ROM without GAPPs? I don't want gapps included.
2. Does this ROM have any kind of privacy guard or at least ability to block network connection per app?
3. Is Warp charge implemented?

Many thanks again.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Wow! First proper AOSP ROM for My McLaren edition, thanks ever so much. You even beaten LOS guys here, good work!

Couple of questions;
1. Is it possible to run ROM without GAPPs? I don't want gapps included.
2. Does this ROM have any kind of privacy guard or at least ability to block network connection per app?
3. Is Warp charge implemented?

Many thanks again.
Yeah ofc we can without gapps but I need to build separate build because people don't have a twrp to flash gapps. I will schedule it soon, good idea.
Ya you can block network connection per app the same way we block it in Android 9 and in all Android 10 including Oxygen. In settings ofc.
I haven't tested warp charge because I use a 3mah multi USB charger which is charging very fast already.
If warp charge isn't working , tag arter97 here and me to inform us about it and we will try make it work.

Ah , it's not aosp. It's caf. It's little different ;)

Reactions: flame360 and cowgaR
Yeah ofc we can without gapps but I need to build separate build because people don't have a twrp to flash gapps. I will schedule it soon, good idea.
Ya you can block network connection per app the same way we block it in Android 9 and in all Android 10 including Oxygen. In settings ofc.
I haven't tested warp charge because I use a 3mah multi USB charger which is charging very fast already.
If warp charge isn't working , tag arter97 here and me to inform us about it and we will try make it work.

Ah , it's not aosp. It's caf. It's little different ;)
Nice to see and thankful for development, will wait till rom is more feature rich to flash as for right now has no major benefit for me.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Added Google backup and restore. As of today after I build, your Google account will be able to restore from your Oxygen or whatever you had, all your settings. No need to start from scratch every time you wipe your device.

And on Monday I will start a build without gapps for hardcore players

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
After spending some time with the rom I find it very good and smooth, everything is working with some bugs obviously becouse it`s first release. this is what need to be fixed:

- sometimes I have feeling that screen is flickering a little, maybe I am used on 90Hz setting from oos but will see if other users confirm it
- fingerprint is working as it should but sometimes is not positioned in the middle of the lockscreen/aod. also battery percentage is not always in the middle of the screen, they somehow look like they are not synced with fingerprint scanner
- when using gestures navbar, the lines that are on the side of the screen are slightly bellow the screen, maybe correcting this will also fix fingerprint and percentage postion
- vibrating when recieving a call isn`t working
Now on a positive side, I managed to get 3 cameras working on gcam with tutorial described in the thread with setting kernel to permissive and make gcam system-priv app. All other stuff is working properly as I can see until now, substratum works flawlessly, there are many pixel features I don`t find it in any other rom which remind me of my Pixel 2 xl and it looks like Pixel 4 :) When these little bugs were fixed you guys can implement features and this rom will be amazing! keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kessaras

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
After spending some time with the rom I find it very good and smooth, everything is working with some bugs obviously becouse it`s first release. this is what need to be fixed:

- sometimes I have feeling that screen is flickering a little, maybe I am used on 90Hz setting from oos but will see if other users confirm it
- fingerprint is working as it should but sometimes is not positioned in the middle of the lockscreen/aod. also battery percentage is not always in the middle of the screen, they somehow look like they are not synced with fingerprint scanner
- when using gestures navbar, the lines that are on the side of the screen are slightly bellow the screen, maybe correcting this will also fix fingerprint and percentage postion
- vibrating when recieving a call isn`t working
Now on a positive side, I managed to get 3 cameras working on gcam with tutorial described in the thread with setting kernel to permissive and make gcam system-priv app. All other stuff is working properly as I can see until now, substratum works flawlessly, there are many pixel features I don`t find it in any other rom which remind me of my Pixel 2 xl and it looks like Pixel 4 :) When these little bugs were fixed you guys can implement features and this rom will be amazing! keep up the good work :)

screen is not flickering. it's the 60/90 hz feature of google. depending the light and the use , it changes to 60 to conserve battery.
fingerprint is not at the exact center, true. My eyes didn't even notice it until i put it down with a ruler, but ok it does it's work. if center is ever a problem, i will center it.
now about the navbar being too much on the side , maybe i can make it bigger just for oneplus which has waterfall screen. if others have waterfall screen they will fix it in their own device tree.
vibrator too will be improved for sure. we wrote a separate code especially for oneplus because they use different hal.
All these are details. The thing is that everything works. i'll keep in mind this post and improve them.

EDIT: Oh look at the accessibility settings -> Vibration and haptic strength. Ring haptic is default off. Turn it on.

Last edited:

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
screen is not flickering. it's the 60/90 hz feature of google. depending the light and the use , it changes to 60 to conserve battery.
fingerprint is not at the exact center, true. My eyes didn't even notice it until i put it down with a ruler, but ok it does it's work. if center is ever a problem, i will center it.
now about the navbar being too much on the side , maybe i can make it bigger just for oneplus which has waterfall screen. if others have waterfall screen they will fix it in their own device tree.
vibrator too will be improved for sure. we wrote a separate code especially for oneplus because they use different hal.
All these are details. The thing is that everything works. i'll keep in mind this post and improve them.

EDIT: Oh look at the accessibility settings -> Vibration and haptic strength. Ring haptic is default off. Turn it on.
about navbar, it should be smaller, more centered. now it's wide and lines from side go below the screen. thanks for your work and listening our sugestions :)

Reactions: kessaras

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Would love to know if the TMobile OnePlus 7t pro 5g McLaren can use this rom. Would love to try it out?
Not sure since I don't own that device.
It will boot for sure. The thing is if it will have signal or not.
Flash it and if there is any issue , send us logs to help us make it work.
That's what xda threads are for ;)

Last edited:

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
@kessaras mate latest build from 17 january is rocking! feels buttery smooth and it`s joy to use :) really enjoying it! can`t wait to see customisation features in this rom :) btw is there any way to see weather on aod like on pixel devices? thank you very much for your hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UP996O1.jpg

Hi, it was my personal idea , i took the initiative to create an XDA thread so that you all get a taste of what's coming soon. I didn't want to keep this any more to myself. So this thread is sure to be updated soon. You must have thought that your device doesn't have any support right ? Wrong !

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience. This time around he have his wallpaper app Abstruct, were you will be able to find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers alongside a huge amount of amazing wallpapers.

The alpha builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
    SafetyNet fails

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Note: If you used your root access to mess with your device do not ask for help in this thread or send any kind of log to ask for anything. Instead, create a thread in Help section of OnePlus 7T Pro

Download
    Official Release: Link will be added as soon as we release
    @33bca UnOfficial Personal Builds: Link will be added as soon as I upload my builds
    @kessaras UnOfficial Personal Builds: https://mega.nz/#F!U45BgIhK!gmdNFXiPLH7a1_th2_FwDw

Paranoid Android [Quartz] official release: Soon !

Instructions & requirements
    This device runs under OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) or flash it from Fastboot just before flashing AOSPA package.

**Flash OxygenOS 10 (I recommend using at leastOxygenOS 10.0.4)
    **Format Data
    Install AOSPA (for now from fastboot)

Here the commands to install PA from fastboot.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot reboot

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Our kernel source

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for OnePlus 7T Pro are @33bca and @kessaras. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro], ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro

Contributors
    kessaras, 33bca, herna
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: At least 10.0.5.HD01 or newer
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-01-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-27
    i think most of the users want gapps included. [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

It depends. Huawei now will run without GAPPS. There are always alternatives.
    Aaaand there are people who prefer open source F-Droid instead of GAPPS.
    Anyway. i'm waiting to hear from you people. I can make a mini guide how to get rid of GAPPS and turn to F-Droid. It will save my PC from stressing for 3 more hours to build :D
    Attention. I'm uploading now a build with working GAPPS.
    And from now on i will upload only OTAs but you will have to flash them manually.
    I will upload a full firmware when there is an update there, otherwise there is no reason to flash all the partitions.
    Hold on few minutes and the build will be there.
    Enjoy.

EDIT:
    It's up but i'm unsure if this time again the initial setup wizard is fine as i didn't format my phone, i need it.
    Do not forget to fastboot -w to format it before you flash anything when coming from another rom.
    Hey everyone!

We moved the official builds to a separate thread, so check it out in the link below:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t...noid-android-quartz-2-oneplus-7t-pro-t4089053
    All good. I built my own GoogleSetupWizard.apk. I'm uploading now a new build.
    Sorry for that earlier. This time i tested it , i formatted my phone just now and completed the setup successfully.