• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro]

Search This thread

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
@kessaras mate latest build from 17 january is rocking! feels buttery smooth and it`s joy to use :) really enjoying it! can`t wait to see customisation features in this rom :) btw is there any way to see weather on aod like on pixel devices? thank you very much for your hard work!

https://gerrit.aospa.co/c/AOSPA/android_frameworks_base/+/8464

not a priority but it is in plans. you can search keywords on gerrit when you need to see if we are working on something.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
i'm scheduling now a clean build without GAPPS as promised. One question before i do this.
Do you really want no GAPPS ? or do you want me to add at least the permissions so that you are able to install google apps in case you need to make use of some ?
Having the permissions means that you are able to use Google Apps but you are not able to sync. So they will be just like other 3rd party apps with minimum functionality.
Decide and tell me how you want this no GAPPS build.

EDIT:
Power users who need no GAPPS could also just navigate in there and delete the core ones.
If you delete Google App and gms you are now running without GAPPS. There is also a trick to disable them.
How you do this i can guide you. If you disable once the core, then it will stay disabled upon updates. You only need to do this once.

Think about it too. It will be great help for me to just write down somewhere else a mini guide to disable the GAPPS instead of building 2 roms, because we do not have TWRP and every time i build i have to extract manually and create new .zip for you to flash. If we had TWRP it wouldn't matter to build 10 different roms not two.

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
i think most of the users want gapps included. [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

It depends. Huawei now will run without GAPPS. There are always alternatives.
Aaaand there are people who prefer open source F-Droid instead of GAPPS.
Anyway. i'm waiting to hear from you people. I can make a mini guide how to get rid of GAPPS and turn to F-Droid. It will save my PC from stressing for 3 more hours to build :D

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
there is nothing wrong going without gapps, even battery life will be improved. for me personally biggest problem are contacts and syncing them. for casual users it`s important to have fully functional phone. yeah if we have twrp is much easier now this way is more complicated while building roms. however there is debloat magisk module which can help to get rid of unwanted system apps easily but I think majority here is not prepared to go this way and have more headaches.

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
Focus on the ROM first. NoGapps, even though welcomed for me, should be no priority to steal your time.

Once TWRP will come you can build just one ROM and users cab get both, flash Gapps when required. In the meantime they can just remove them.

Reactions: flame360

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
i'm scheduling now a clean build without GAPPS as promised. One question before i do this.
Do you really want no GAPPS ? or do you want me to add at least the permissions so that you are able to install google apps in case you need to make use of some ?
Having the permissions means that you are able to use Google Apps but you are not able to sync. So they will be just like other 3rd party apps with minimum functionality.
Decide and tell me how you want this no GAPPS build.

EDIT:
Power users who need no GAPPS could also just navigate in there and delete the core ones.
If you delete Google App and gms you are now running without GAPPS. There is also a trick to disable them.
How you do this i can guide you. If you disable once the core, then it will stay disabled upon updates. You only need to do this once.

Think about it too. It will be great help for me to just write down somewhere else a mini guide to disable the GAPPS instead of building 2 roms, because we do not have TWRP and every time i build i have to extract manually and create new .zip for you to flash. If we had TWRP it wouldn't matter to build 10 different roms not two.

With core Funktion to install google Apps would be nice :)

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Hi!

If I install this. I will not need Root access right? And I can still use apps that normally don't work on rooted phones?
The only apps you can't use are the ones which need safetynet. But that's not a problem when the official is released.
My builds are debug builds so you guys help me fix bugs you may see.
The official will be user builds and pass safetynet by default.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
disable system apps or gapps

Since we don't have TWRP i'm writing down these instructions as a helping step for those who want to go gappless.
Advantages of removing GAPPS:
- You have less battery drain , yeah. But that's because your smartphone will not sync and backup your data to Google. It will not store or ask for your location in the background. It will not track down your needs, your clicks, your searches, your movement, your every movement generally.

Disadvantages:
- We already have our bootloader unlocked so thats a big security hole when we have our phone stolen. Having GAPPS , you can track down your stolen phone if you realise it was stolen soon enough.
- Google will cover your needs. Will collect every possible statistics to make your browse to the web easier. Will track your car in case you forgot where you parked, etc. No need to write them down all of them.

Removing GAPPS without having a TWRP means that you can't flash them later. Flashing GAPPS later will only result in broken core packages which will not work. So you have to format your device and complete the initial setup for everything to work.
Disabling GAPPS it's more flexible. You can re-enable them when you need them and after reboot , yes, they will function correctly. No need for a format. Because you had already completed the initial setup ;)

I will not write a guide how to disable them, but i will link you to the threads which talk about it. Because there are already many threads about that.

if you have adb root access you can use this method shown in the pictures below. You can disable any google package you like. Remember some google apps which sync to google they will crash after that. You can disable them too, or re-enable the ones you disabled and after reboot everything will be fixed again. Disabling gapps is not dangerous. Disabling system packages it is dangerous and may result in the need to re-flash rom.
few commands:
pm list packages
pm list packages -d
pm list packages|grep google

if you don't have root access because you flashed a user build or you did something wrong with a magisk module use the same method but with
pm sleep or pm hide or pm disable (for specific user. user 0 is always the default if you hadn't changed user account)
https://www.xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

pm sleep and pm hide are older commands which may not work anymore. but pm disable for specific user definately works.

I hope this post to save me the time of building without gapps.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 576
  • 2.png
    2.png
    134 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

chrb1985

Oct 13, 2016
If you come from other rom, yes. Otherwise 70% no boot or many things crashing

Hmm I come from Oxygen OS 10.0.5

I really don't want to format data if.i can get away with not doing it. Hehe

One more question again. If I full uninstall magisk. And flash old booth file. My guess would be that the apps that are not working on my phone right now (bank app and other security apps) will start working again. And if I than flash your files, will those apps than give me the modified software error again?

Thanks for good answers and your time :)

DanDroidOS

Jul 26, 2009
Southern California
dandroidos.com
Hmm I come from Oxygen OS 10.0.5

I really don't want to format data if.i can get away with not doing it. Hehe

One more question again. If I full uninstall magisk. And flash old booth file. My guess would be that the apps that are not working on my phone right now (bank app and other security apps) will start working again. And if I than flash your files, will those apps than give me the modified software error again?

Thanks for good answers and your time :)
If you want to flash this rom you need to wipe data pure and simple. Your banking app should work with this rom. If you want to keep some data(SMS, call history, settings, etc), backup with Google account and restore when you sign in to this rom. Good luck :good:

RicardoDimm

Jan 3, 2016
Deventer
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got error on part 3:
PS C:\Android 2\platform-tools> .\fastboot flash system system.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (781717 KB) OKAY [ 17.191s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')
fastboot: error: Command failed

beaverhead

Nov 29, 2013
i had also a fault while flashing the rom
[email protected]:~/Downloads$ sudo fastboot flash product product.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
sending sparse 'product_a' 1/3 (523277 KB)...
OKAY [ 16.896s]
writing 'product_a' 1/3...
OKAY [ 1.944s]
sending sparse 'product_a' 2/3 (523098 KB)...
OKAY [ 16.894s]
writing 'product_a' 2/3...
OKAY [ 1.956s]
sending sparse 'product_a' 3/3 (385203 KB)...
OKAY [ 12.469s]
writing 'product_a' 3/3...
FAILED (remote: Operation not permitted)
finished. total time: 51.290s

chrb1985

Oct 13, 2016
Just installed the rom and its nice! But is it debloated? Or Is it just the same as original? What else is different? Can't find much difference actually?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

That's right I also got some errors when installing. I think it
was system and one more..

beaverhead

Nov 29, 2013
Just installed the rom and its nice! But is it debloated? Or Is it just the same as original? What else is different? Can't find much difference actually?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

That's right I also got some errors when installing. I think it
was system and one more..

the problem is that after al flashing the img and if i reboot that it reboot to fastboot back.

i try a wipe data after this but nothing happens .wont boot

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
guys all errors you get are from non clean flash, probably you come from rooted rom (oos or custom), or you did something wrong while entering fastbootd. I get these errors in the beggining while i figured out this stuff about fastbootd. just to be sure everything is ok before flashing the rom, flash fastboot roms provided in the threads and after that do the procedure to flash custom rom. I never had any errors flashing this way. now just to be sure after flashing fastboot rom that bluetooth is working, if not you will have to flash ota from the phone. now you are ready to go. don`t know about this bluetooth thing but it`s totally random. have fun :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UP996O1.jpg

Hi, it was my personal idea , i took the initiative to create an XDA thread so that you all get a taste of what's coming soon. I didn't want to keep this any more to myself. So this thread is sure to be updated soon. You must have thought that your device doesn't have any support right ? Wrong !

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience. This time around he have his wallpaper app Abstruct, were you will be able to find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers alongside a huge amount of amazing wallpapers.

The alpha builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
    SafetyNet fails

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Note: If you used your root access to mess with your device do not ask for help in this thread or send any kind of log to ask for anything. Instead, create a thread in Help section of OnePlus 7T Pro

Download
    Official Release: Link will be added as soon as we release
    @33bca UnOfficial Personal Builds: Link will be added as soon as I upload my builds
    @kessaras UnOfficial Personal Builds: https://mega.nz/#F!U45BgIhK!gmdNFXiPLH7a1_th2_FwDw

Paranoid Android [Quartz] official release: Soon !

Instructions & requirements
    This device runs under OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) or flash it from Fastboot just before flashing AOSPA package.

**Flash OxygenOS 10 (I recommend using at leastOxygenOS 10.0.4)
    **Format Data
    Install AOSPA (for now from fastboot)

Here the commands to install PA from fastboot.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot reboot

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Our kernel source

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for OnePlus 7T Pro are @33bca and @kessaras. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro], ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro

Contributors
    kessaras, 33bca, herna
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: At least 10.0.5.HD01 or newer
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-01-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-27
    i think most of the users want gapps included. [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

It depends. Huawei now will run without GAPPS. There are always alternatives.
    Aaaand there are people who prefer open source F-Droid instead of GAPPS.
    Anyway. i'm waiting to hear from you people. I can make a mini guide how to get rid of GAPPS and turn to F-Droid. It will save my PC from stressing for 3 more hours to build :D
    Attention. I'm uploading now a build with working GAPPS.
    And from now on i will upload only OTAs but you will have to flash them manually.
    I will upload a full firmware when there is an update there, otherwise there is no reason to flash all the partitions.
    Hold on few minutes and the build will be there.
    Enjoy.

EDIT:
    It's up but i'm unsure if this time again the initial setup wizard is fine as i didn't format my phone, i need it.
    Do not forget to fastboot -w to format it before you flash anything when coming from another rom.
    Hey everyone!

We moved the official builds to a separate thread, so check it out in the link below:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t...noid-android-quartz-2-oneplus-7t-pro-t4089053
    All good. I built my own GoogleSetupWizard.apk. I'm uploading now a new build.
    Sorry for that earlier. This time i tested it , i formatted my phone just now and completed the setup successfully.