Search This thread

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
UP996O1.jpg

Hi, it was my personal idea , i took the initiative to create an XDA thread so that you all get a taste of what's coming soon. I didn't want to keep this any more to myself. So this thread is sure to be updated soon. You must have thought that your device doesn't have any support right ? Wrong !

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience. This time around he have his wallpaper app Abstruct, were you will be able to find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers alongside a huge amount of amazing wallpapers.

The alpha builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
SafetyNet fails

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Note: If you used your root access to mess with your device do not ask for help in this thread or send any kind of log to ask for anything. Instead, create a thread in Help section of OnePlus 7T Pro

Download
Official Release: Link will be added as soon as we release
@33bca UnOfficial Personal Builds: Link will be added as soon as I upload my builds
@kessaras UnOfficial Personal Builds: https://mega.nz/#F!U45BgIhK!gmdNFXiPLH7a1_th2_FwDw

Paranoid Android [Quartz] official release: Soon !

Instructions & requirements
This device runs under OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) or flash it from Fastboot just before flashing AOSPA package.

**Flash OxygenOS 10 (I recommend using at leastOxygenOS 10.0.4)
**Format Data
Install AOSPA (for now from fastboot)

Here the commands to install PA from fastboot.
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot reboot

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
Our kernel source

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for OnePlus 7T Pro are @33bca and @kessaras. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro], ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro

Contributors
kessaras, 33bca, herna
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: At least 10.0.5.HD01 or newer
Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-01-16
Last Updated 2020-04-27

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
FULL GUIDE "How to provide a good bug report"

Please post only for debugging purpose. This thread was NOT meant to be used for chat or any type of discussions.

Caution:
I built gapps afterwards and i haven't formatted my device. So if you get any kind of crash, even if it's unimportant, upon your initial set up during your 1st log in , let me know about it to fix it asap.

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
Thanks a lot for this! Pleasant surprise in the morning, you made my day :D Keep up the good work! I hope other roms will follow this way of flashing and releasing roms. Will flash it today :) THANK YOU!

Reactions: kessaras

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Does this have support for the T-Mobile McLaren 5G version? Super excited for PA, thanks for this!

it should.
personally i don't know because i don't own that McLaren model.

Guys the initial setup wizard from google may cause issues.
Code:
pm disable com.google.android.setupwizard
if it crashes and i will solve this as soon as i find the best gapps package for us.
For now thats the best i found.

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza
Nice! Made my day!
GAPPS included?
Without TWRP it's hard to flash it :)

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Nice! Made my day!
GAPPS included?
Without TWRP it's hard to flash it :)

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Attention. I'm uploading now a build with working GAPPS.
And from now on i will upload only OTAs but you will have to flash them manually.
I will upload a full firmware when there is an update there, otherwise there is no reason to flash all the partitions.
Hold on few minutes and the build will be there.
Enjoy.

EDIT:
It's up but i'm unsure if this time again the initial setup wizard is fine as i didn't format my phone, i need it.
Do not forget to fastboot -w to format it before you flash anything when coming from another rom.

Last edited:

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
And from now on i will upload only OTAs but you will have to flash them manually.
I will upload a full firmware when there is an update there, otherwise there is no reason to flash all the partitions.
Enjoy.

EDIT:
It's up but i'm unsure if this time again the initial setup wizard is fine as i didn't format my phone, i need it.
Do not forget to fastboot -w to format it before you flash anything when coming from another rom.

thanks a lot mate! will flash it clean and report :) btw the build says jan-15, it`s the new build or?

Last edited:

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
Ok. And everyone keep in mind that it's not easy for me to format everyday. If this setup wizard by Google has any issue now or in the future , be patient with it. We still don't have GAPPS so I'm doing what I can with these.

the last build says jan-15 10:06, this the last build or the one from today isn`t showing up?

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
the last build says jan-15 10:06, this the last build or the one from today isn`t showing up?
It is the same build. I only changed the Google setup wizard apk inside.
Rom is close to stock oxygen stable. Only this apk gives me trouble since I can't format to test it, I need the phone at work.
If it still crashes I will keep changing it until we get one which works. Or you can do it urself too. I build with root access to adb , until we officially release. Extract a working SetupWizard and adb push it in place to replace the one in product/priv-app

Reactions: flame360

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
It is the same build. I only changed the Google setup wizard apk inside.
Rom is close to stock oxygen stable. Only this apk gives me trouble since I can't format to test it, I need the phone at work.
If it still crashes I will keep changing it until we get one which works. Or you can do it urself too. I build with root access to adb , until we officially release. Extract a working SetupWizard and adb push it in place to replace the one in product/priv-app

I did a clean flash. "Android setup keeps stopping" after I insert pin. can`t move from there. Can I do something to get past this?

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I did a clean flash. "Android setup keeps stopping" after I insert pin. can`t move from there. Can I do something to get past this?
Either wait till tomorrow , either adb shell, pm disable com.google.setupwizard.
If pc doesn't have access now because it hasn't done first boot, just wait until tomorrow.
Without TWRP we can't do anything more.

If current TWRP can mount system and product partitions you can rm -rf /product/priv-app/<path to setup wizard>

Really sorry. Can't test that stupid setup wizard currently at my phone. Tomorrow last day of week at work , then I can test.

Reactions: flame360

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
Either wait till tomorrow , either adb shell, pm disable com.google.setupwizard.
If pc doesn't have access now because it hasn't done first boot, just wait until tomorrow.

If current TWRP can mount system and product partitions you can rm -rf /product/priv-app/<path to setup wizard>

Really sorry. Can't test that stupid setup wizard currently at my phone. Tomorrow last day of week at work , then I can test.

Sadly can`t be done. Can`t see the phone with adb. no worries mate, I hope we will get through this and we can enjoy the rom. I assume you use it so probably there are not any bugs that keep us from using it as daily driver. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

tibcsi0407

Feb 4, 2013
Nyíregyháza

You can also do it from the ADB enabled stock recovery. :)
Do you thing the Safetynet will be fixed later? Would be nice to use Gpay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UP996O1.jpg

Hi, it was my personal idea , i took the initiative to create an XDA thread so that you all get a taste of what's coming soon. I didn't want to keep this any more to myself. So this thread is sure to be updated soon. You must have thought that your device doesn't have any support right ? Wrong !

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience. This time around he have his wallpaper app Abstruct, were you will be able to find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers alongside a huge amount of amazing wallpapers.

The alpha builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues
    SafetyNet fails

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Note: If you used your root access to mess with your device do not ask for help in this thread or send any kind of log to ask for anything. Instead, create a thread in Help section of OnePlus 7T Pro

Download
    Official Release: Link will be added as soon as we release
    @33bca UnOfficial Personal Builds: Link will be added as soon as I upload my builds
    @kessaras UnOfficial Personal Builds: https://mega.nz/#F!U45BgIhK!gmdNFXiPLH7a1_th2_FwDw

Paranoid Android [Quartz] official release: Soon !

Instructions & requirements
    This device runs under OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) vendor, make sure you are coming from OxygenOS 10 (Android 10 / Q) or flash it from Fastboot just before flashing AOSPA package.

**Flash OxygenOS 10 (I recommend using at leastOxygenOS 10.0.4)
    **Format Data
    Install AOSPA (for now from fastboot)

Here the commands to install PA from fastboot.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot reboot

** Only required for the first flashing.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)
    Our kernel source

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for OnePlus 7T Pro are @33bca and @kessaras. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android Quartz Alpha [OnePlus 7T Pro], ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro

Contributors
    kessaras, 33bca, herna
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: At least 10.0.5.HD01 or newer
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-01-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-27
    i think most of the users want gapps included. [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HD1913 met Tapatalk

It depends. Huawei now will run without GAPPS. There are always alternatives.
    Aaaand there are people who prefer open source F-Droid instead of GAPPS.
    Anyway. i'm waiting to hear from you people. I can make a mini guide how to get rid of GAPPS and turn to F-Droid. It will save my PC from stressing for 3 more hours to build :D
    Enjoy.

EDIT:
    Hey everyone!

We moved the official builds to a separate thread, so check it out in the link below:
    https://xdaforums.com/7t-pro/development/paranoid-android-quartz-2-oneplus-7t-pro-t4089053
    All good. I built my own GoogleSetupWizard.apk. I'm uploading now a new build.
    Sorry for that earlier. This time i tested it , i formatted my phone just now and completed the setup successfully.