• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Unofficial] Paranoid Android Ruby Dev 1 - Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro | Explorer Edition

Search This thread

yoja84

May 25, 2021
Is the feature enabled in the gesture settings?
I have detected that if I deactivate ambient display then the gestures with screen off work but when it is activated again they stop working. It gives me the feeling that it interprets the ambient display as if the screen is on.

BYRMN13

Nov 8, 2019
System ui always stop working evertime i tried to add another google account? Is there someone out there had the same problem as well or its just me? Please help, how to fix it :(

#Fixed after flash the new version

Last edited:

Kartun

Mar 4, 2008
Moscow
Tried this ROM for for several days on a daily basis.
First impression: it definitely works. However, I'm among those unluckys with not working FOD. No fix for this problem right now.
Deleting /vendor/etc/init/[email protected]_sdm845.rc partially fixed system response times, as it doesn't work anyway.
Battery life quite dissapointing compared to miui, hopefully it would get better soon.
NFC, Camera, Bluetooth works.

Reactions: vantungluaviet

BYRMN13

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know how to add rounded corner to complete the "hidden" notch display, cause it looks awful when using with without rounded corner, ive tried using app from app store but somehow it wont work in system app such as setting and lockscreen :(

The shy

Jul 24, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
Thank you for your update and maintenance of xiaomi 8 pro. The version of 0619 I am currently using is very good. I hope you can continue to update and maintain xiaomi 8 pro. Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    R0WulB5.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here for AOSPA Infrastructure
    And here for me

Changelog
    Code:
    Initial Dev Release

Device-specific issues
    For some Mi 8 EE devices FOD does not work, thanks Xiaomi.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Get Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro build - G.Drive
    Get Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition build - G.Drive

Instructions
    1. Reboot to TWRP
    2. Flash MIUI Q stable firmware
    3. Format Data
    4. Install PA zip package
    5. Reboot

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA: DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Ruby - ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro | Explorer Edition

Contributors

rtx4d
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA
    Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Q stable release

Version Information
    Dev [Unofficial]
    Current Stable Version: Dev 1
    GApps: Included
    Google drive download url is unavailable.
    Please update it!
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for this build, this build seems problem in Face Unlock system, how to fix it? thank you :)
    try to flash this patch by your recovery
    did this rom supports on screen fingerprint?
    my device is ursa( MI 8 EE)
    i flashed this but dosent have the fingerprint option
    Please attach logs to fix this problem, I don't have enough testers for mi8 ee
    Tried this ROM for for several days on a daily basis.
    First impression: it definitely works. However, I'm among those unluckys with not working FOD. No fix for this problem right now.
    Deleting /vendor/etc/init/[email protected]_sdm845.rc partially fixed system response times, as it doesn't work anyway.
    Battery life quite dissapointing compared to miui, hopefully it would get better soon.
    NFC, Camera, Bluetooth works.