• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] Paranoid Android Ruby Dev 1 - Xiaomi Mi MIX 3

Search This thread
R0WulB5.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here for AOSPA Infrastructure
And here for me

Changelog
Code:
Initial Dev Release

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Get Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 build - G.Drive

Instructions
  1. Reboot to TWRP
  2. Flash MIUI Q stable firmware
  3. Format Data
  4. Install PA zip package
  5. Reboot

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA: DevDB Information
Paranoid Android Ruby - ROM for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3

Contributors

rtx4d
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA
Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Q stable release

Version Information
Dev [Unofficial]
Current Stable Version: Dev 1
GApps: Included

Last edited:

Jaitsu

Been giving this a try and it seems pretty solid so far. Passes SafetyNet (GPay even works!), performance is smooth, battery life is excellent - on AOSiP I was losing like 10% an hour just having it in my pocket, this is still at 97% after being off the charger for 3+ hours. I do wish it had some more customization options, but I've been able to do most of the tweaking I want with GravityBox without losing any battery life (and still passing SN). Still wish I could turn off the pure black Settings background, find my usual teal accent color (this one's "Teal" is pale) and reorder the navigation bar, but gesture navigation is growing on me anyway.

I've had a weird bug with other ROMs where something happens to /data that makes it slower and slower over time (like two months or so) to the point that even TWRP takes 10+ minutes to boot until I wipe /data, waiting to see if this ROM has the same problem or not.

EDIT: I'm actually blown away by the battery life on this ROM. It barely loses 10% over the course of an entire day when not in use, and even when I am using it heavily, it just goes and goes! And background apps are clearly still working, as I still get notifications immediately and such. I'm impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: meech

meech

Mar 16, 2018
Been giving this a try and it seems pretty solid so far. Passes SafetyNet (GPay even works!), performance is smooth, battery life is excellent - on AOSiP I was losing like 10% an hour just having it in my pocket, this is still at 97% after being off the charger for 3+ hours. I do wish it had some more customization options, but I've been able to do most of the tweaking I want with GravityBox without losing any battery life (and still passing SN). Still wish I could turn off the pure black Settings background, find my usual teal accent color (this one's "Teal" is pale) and reorder the navigation bar, but gesture navigation is growing on me anyway.

I've had a weird bug with other ROMs where something happens to /data that makes it slower and slower over time (like two months or so) to the point that even TWRP takes 10+ minutes to boot until I wipe /data, waiting to see if this ROM has the same problem or not.

EDIT: I'm actually blown away by the battery life on this ROM. It barely loses 10% over the course of an entire day when not in use, and even when I am using it heavily, it just goes and goes! And background apps are clearly still working, as I still get notifications immediately and such. I'm impressed.
thanks to the CAF base, that's really cool 🦾

Jaitsu

I can't seem to find any settings regarding heads-up notifications (the ones that pop down from the top of the screen) in this ROM. Is there any way to disable/snooze those? Even with Do Not Disturb on I keep getting (potentially sensitive) notifications popping up and covering important parts of the screen all the time, worst of all when using Maps and having something pop up and block the next turn info.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it. It's in per-app, individual notification categories' settings as "Pop on screen". I can just switch that off for the worst offenders.

jbells2k

Jul 10, 2006
Thank you for this great Rom.
My only problem is Screen off gestures are not working at all.
I am trying to wake device with double tap but it's not woking. Screen off gestures is turned on but nothing works.

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
A word of warning: if you are using dual SIMs, the current version has problems setting the data card. You have to set the new data card then reboot immediately for the change to take effect. Otherwise it falls back to SIM1.

I have no fingerprints after flashing the rom, how do I fix it?
If you have flashed magisk, then flash a canary build instead.

~phoeny~

Mar 30, 2012
So i reboot to twrp,
Wiped Cache, System, Data, vendor
Flash "MIUI Q stable firmware" Which i assume is fw_MIMIX3Global_V12.0.2.0.QEEMIXM_9b2eb453df_10.0.zip
Flash pa-ruby-1-perseus-20210724-dev.zip

And get a bootloop

Help?

EDIT: So i tried every possible combination of wiping, restarting and installing this rom. Always results in bootloop.

So for some reason it seems to work now

Flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix3_V12.5.1.0.QEECNXM_v12-10.zip
rebooted to os
Reboot to TWRP
Wipe everything
Format data -> yes
Reboot to TWRP
Install PA
Reboot to OS

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    R0WulB5.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Ruby, based on Android 11.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate here for AOSPA Infrastructure
    And here for me

Changelog
    Code:
    Initial Dev Release

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

My preferred logging format is:
    adb logcat -b all -d *:E > logcat-err.log
    adb logcat -b all -d > logcat.log
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

Then you can upload them to https://del.dog and send me the link for each one.

Download

Get Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 build - G.Drive

Instructions
    1. Reboot to TWRP
    2. Flash MIUI Q stable firmware
    3. Format Data
    4. Install PA zip package
    5. Reboot

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA: DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Ruby - ROM for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3

Contributors

rtx4d
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA
    Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Q stable release

Version Information
    Dev [Unofficial]
    Current Stable Version: Dev 1
    GApps: Included