LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
#include "std_disclaimer.h" /* * Your warranty is void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Mobile data
- Cam (pics only)
- sdcard is recognized/mounted
- calls/sms (should work i guess, because data works)
- audio (cant test that in class )
- Brightness change
- Everything i forgot probably
As you can see on the "Working" list, this is a highly experimental build, flash at your own risk, and don't come crying to me if it should brick anything (it didn't for me, but seeing from the TWRP Thread the V30 can be picky).
Dont forget to make a backup!!!
If you want to report any bugs, NEVER do it without providing logs. I can't try to fix things without logs.
Helpful log commands:
- logcat (usage: e.g. logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt )
- dumpsys (usage: e.g. dumpsys SurfaceFlinger > /sdcard/dump_sf.txt)
- dmesg (usage: e.g. dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt , might need root)
- USB isn't working. How do I get logs?
- In the ramdisk theres a nice little script which will print the logcat to /data/ramoops/cm14.1_<number>_logcat_<date/time>.txt
- The logcat is many many hundreds of MB in size, why?
- Its currently spammed with something like this:
E/QMI_FW ( 674): xport_reg Failed for service_id=0x35 version=0x1001 on 15Code:
[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9] E/QMI_FW ( [0-9][0-9][0-9]): xport_reg Failed for service_id=0x35 version=0x1001 on [0-9]*[0-9]
- Is there another way to get some logs?
- In Developer Options, turn on "Local Terminal", and get a logcat or other logs with that.
- The screen glitches, is there a way to fix this?
- I hope so, working on this too.
- After restoring my backup with TWRP, my phone won't recognize my PIN (not SIM PIN). What todo now?
- Just follow the guide on here. Afterwards you have to setup your PIN again (also Fingerprints, and enable Trusted Agents in Settings -> Fingerprints & Security)
Version 0.0.2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754470110
Version 0.0.1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850487924
Unofficial LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the LG V30
Source Code: https://github.com/SGCMarkus
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2018-01-25