• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY][G920/5] OrangeFox Recovery Project [R11.1]

Search This thread

santhosh ravi

Mar 27, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S6
logo.jpg

DISCLAIMER
  • I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
FEATURES
  • G920/5 I/F supported
  • Built with lastest OrangeFox sources
  • f2fs supported
  • and many more!
BUGS
  • Kernel ramdisk compressed with lzma so expect additional 1-2 seconds of boot time when going to recovery.
  • Flashing .img fails in twrp due to size. Use the zip file instead or heimdall.
  • 480dpi instead of 620 so elements might look a little small
INSTALLATION
  • Flash OrangeFox recovery zip in your current recovery (Make sure to Download the zip and not the img)
  • If the size of elements being too small bothers you, you may flash the 1080p version.
DOWNLOAD
SUPPORT
SOURCES

CREDITS

XDA:DevDB Information
OrangeFox Recovery Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge

ROM OS Version:
9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 11.1
Stable Release Date: 2021-06-03

Last edited:

technic4

May 19, 2021
This is really looks good but it don't recognize my usb flash drive. And because of there is no sd card slot in s6/s6 edge, this is serious problem for me.

Edit: Also it can't install root included roms.

Last edited:

screen

This is really looks good but it don't recognize my usb flash drive. And because of there is no sd card slot in s6/s6 edge, this is serious problem for me.

Edit: Also it can't install root included roms.
I am also having problems with USB storage.

Also: the multi-softkey (left of home button) is not mapped. Why map one key but not the other one, while both keys have a function when using the on-screen navbar 🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.jpg

DISCLAIMER
    • I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    FEATURES
    • G920/5 I/F supported
    • Built with lastest OrangeFox sources
    • f2fs supported
    • and many more!
    BUGS
    • Kernel ramdisk compressed with lzma so expect additional 1-2 seconds of boot time when going to recovery.
    • Flashing .img fails in twrp due to size. Use the zip file instead or heimdall.
    • 480dpi instead of 620 so elements might look a little small
    INSTALLATION
    • Flash OrangeFox recovery zip in your current recovery (Make sure to Download the zip and not the img)
    • If the size of elements being too small bothers you, you may flash the 1080p version.
    DOWNLOAD
    SUPPORT
    SOURCES

CREDITS

XDA:DevDB Information
    OrangeFox Recovery Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge

ROM OS Version:
    9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11.1
    Stable Release Date: 2021-06-03
    Does this recovery work on treble-ized models? (i.e. installed the treble-izer script from enes to make S6 treble-compliant)
    Give your biggest credits to @Lunarixus and @ananjaser1211 by the way!
    Glad to see some good use out of this, I'll be interested to try it on my Note 5 once I get around to my LOS updates :p