[Unofficial][Recovery][Ideos X6] CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4 [Update]

Napstar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2011
Pune
Clockworkmod Recovery for Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 phone

which is also known as CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410
Basically, its an update to the latest version of CWM recovery released by tj_style ;)

[Features Working]

• Backup
  • Restore
  • Install From Zip
  • ADB recovery support

• Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery

[Requirements]

• One of these mobiles: CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. (with any ROM installed, rooted / un-rooted)
  • USB data cable

[Installation Instructions]
(This is not an update.zip, please extract zip content and follow these instructions carefully)

• Extract recovery.img from cwm-recovery-fb0-v3.zip
  • Power off your phone. Now press Volume UP + Power button to enter in Download mode (Please keep Volume UP button pressed for a second before pressing Power button)
  • Connect your phone to PC via USB and wait until USB-Storage device appears on your PC (In Linux, you might see loads of new devices being mounted. But we are concerned about the device with name as 'FIH')
  • Replace file recovery.img inside the folder image (In windows, X:\image\, where X is drive letter for new USB device)
  • Safely remove USB device to ensure complete file copy
  • Disconnect phone from PC
  • Remove battery of your phone to power off and then start it again.

[Instructions to boot into recovery]
[Using ADB]

• If your phone is up and running then connect it to PC
  • Issue following command through terminal / Command prompt
Code:
adb reboot  recovery
[Without PC - Using your phones hardware keys]

• Power off your phone
  • Now press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power (As said before, please press Volume keys for a second before pressing Power button)
  • The phone will take few seconds (5 - 10 secs) to boot into recovery mode (It will show splash screen before booting into recovery)

[Navigation]

• Select = Power & Search
  • Move Up = Home & Vol-Up
  • Move Down = Menu & Vol-Down
  • Back = Back
Please refer to his post and image for for more details.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16248065&postcount=426
Originally Posted by tj_style

[Problems]

• When you mount sdcard as USB storage device then do not "Safely remove" it from your computer.
  • Currently this action disables the usb_mass_storage property and hence you may not be able remount sdcard as USB mass storage device.
[Possible solution]

• Instead of safely remove on PC, use 'Disconnect' option from CWM recovery ;)
If you have already used 'Safely remove' option from PC then,

• In terminal issue following commands
Code:
[SIZE=2]adb shell[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
# echo 0 >   /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
# echo 1 >   /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable[/SIZE]
:confused:
  • OR Reboot into recovery :D

[Disclaimer]

I am not to be held liable/responsible if you damage your phone by following/not following this thread.

[Acknowledgement]

• tj_style because this CWM recovery is an update to his CWM_recovery_fib0_v2
  • DooMLoRD for helping me out with my doubts and for familiarizing me with the development ;)
  • All of you who will test it and give me feedback. :D

Last edited:

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
Extra info

Few advantages that I can think of for having

[ADB support in recovery]

• As in recovery mode you get SU access, whether your phone is rooted or not, you can issue root level commands like mount, chmod, chown, fdisk
  • You can read, write to, move, modify, replace any system files (at your own risk)
  • Many more possible features which you can find by exploring this forum. ;)
[USB support in recovery]

• If you are playing with trying out new boot.img, boot-animation.img, splash.img which you are developing side by side, this will prevent all the hassle for rebooting phone just for adding new updated files to sd card (that you have just created)
  • Though you can use adb push feature in recovery, but I prefer copy / paste using computer as it checks for complete file transfer before ejecting the drive

[Disclaimer]
I am not to be held responsible for any damage to your phone after following this post.

Last edited:

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune

Code:
adb shell
# echo 0 > /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable

# echo 1 > /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable

While doing this your adb connection might be lost.
So issue

adb shell

after each disconnection.

Reactions: Free Radical

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Thanks & one question

hi
thanks adding CWM to this phone is the easiest i have done it was real pain doing it on my other phones :D

now my question is i have added CWM and i have taken a nand back up of the original Stock rom if i wana go back to the orignal for some warranty purpose in the future

if i do this is it ok:)
1.do a nand restore with CWM
2.go to down load mode & replace the CWM recovery with the original phones recovery which i have saved on my PC

is this good enough just in case i need to give phone to service for warranty purpose

thanks in advacne:D

mysteriousboy87

Oct 13, 2010
hi
thanks adding CWM to this phone is the easiest i have done it was real pain doing it on my other phones :D

now my question is i have added CWM and i have taken a nand back up of the original Stock rom if i wana go back to the orignal for some warranty purpose in the future

2.go to down load mode & replace the CWM recovery with the original phones recovery which i have saved on my PC

is this good enough just in case i need to give phone to service for warranty purpose

Yes you can do this infact all of us does this :D but keep your nand backup in a safe place, I know u will :D

Swyped from my MI 410 using XDA App

Reactions: haree

Napstar

Aug 20, 2011
Pune
hi

Yes, that will surely do!
Also, as paarkhi has suggested you could also flash original Spice Gingerbread Update file ("nb0" file) using SUTL, since "nb0" files have all original files (bootanimation.zip, recovery.img, boot.img-which includes original kernel) and your phone is already registered for Spice Gingerbread upgrade. :)

[Though this is single step - easy option but it requires PC, I have one more option which you could use if your on the go and PC is not accessible]

I have posted steps to restore stock recovery at Restoring Recovery - An easy way (CWM / Stock)
and then you can flash any original "nb0" file. :)

Last edited:

scl gt-i9003

May 16, 2016
Clockworkmod Recovery for Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 phone

which is also known as CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410
Basically, its an update to the latest version of CWM recovery released by tj_style ;)

[Features Working]

• Backup
  • Restore
  • Install From Zip
  • ADB recovery support

• Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery

[Requirements]

• One of these mobiles: CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. (with any ROM installed, rooted / un-rooted)
  • USB data cable

[Installation Instructions]
(This is not an update.zip, please extract zip content and follow these instructions carefully)

• Extract recovery.img from cwm-recovery-fb0-v3.zip
  • Power off your phone. Now press Volume UP + Power button to enter in Download mode (Please keep Volume UP button pressed for a second before pressing Power button)
  • Connect your phone to PC via USB and wait until USB-Storage device appears on your PC (In Linux, you might see loads of new devices being mounted. But we are concerned about the device with name as 'FIH')
  • Replace file recovery.img inside the folder image (In windows, X:\image\, where X is drive letter for new USB device)
  • Safely remove USB device to ensure complete file copy
  • Disconnect phone from PC
  • Remove battery of your phone to power off and then start it again.

[Instructions to boot into recovery]
[Using ADB]

• If your phone is up and running then connect it to PC
  • Issue following command through terminal / Command prompt
Code:
adb reboot  recovery
[Without PC - Using your phones hardware keys]

• Power off your phone
  • Now press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power (As said before, please press Volume keys for a second before pressing Power button)
  • The phone will take few seconds (5 - 10 secs) to boot into recovery mode (It will show splash screen before booting into recovery)

[Navigation]

• Select = Power & Search
  • Move Up = Home & Vol-Up
  • Move Down = Menu & Vol-Down
  • Back = Back
Please refer to his post and image for for more details.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16248065&postcount=426
Originally Posted by tj_style

[Problems]

• When you mount sdcard as USB storage device then do not "Safely remove" it from your computer.
  • Currently this action disables the usb_mass_storage property and hence you may not be able remount sdcard as USB mass storage device.
[Possible solution]

• Instead of safely remove on PC, use 'Disconnect' option from CWM recovery ;)

Code:
[SIZE=2]adb shell[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
# echo 0 >   /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
# echo 1 >   /sys/class/usb_composite/usb_mass_storage/enable[/SIZE]
:confused:
  • OR Reboot into recovery :D

[Disclaimer]

I am not to be held liable/responsible if you damage your phone by following/not following this thread.

[Acknowledgement]

• tj_style because this CWM recovery is an update to his CWM_recovery_fib0_v2
  • DooMLoRD for helping me out with my doubts and for familiarizing me with the development ;)
  • All of you who will test it and give me feedback. :D

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app