• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] [RECOVERY] [OnePlus 7 Pro] OrangeFox Recovery Project [R10.1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xdg4y

Jan 7, 2020
Hahaha wow what are you doing here it's like you didn't even test this at all. I'm tried to flash the installer in twrp and it tells me that this recovery is only for guacamole not OnePlus 7 pro. So it does not support custom roms clearly cause I'm on bliss

xdg4y

Jan 7, 2020
Well I was able to fix that by adding OnePlus7Pro to alt Target device in the update binary. But now when I try to flash in twrp it tells me that my recovery partition is to small news flash we don't have recovery partition on a/b devices. And I noticed in the update binary it has a target partition that it is told to install too which is I'm sure everyone can guess.... The recovery partition that doesn't exist on any a/b device. This sounded really good too. One of those to good to be true things....

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

So it's not being detected as a/b device clearly. Your update binary needs some work.....

Arden144

Nov 1, 2017
Well I was able to fix that by adding OnePlus7Pro to alt Target device in the update binary. But now when I try to flash in twrp it tells me that my recovery partition is to small news flash we don't have recovery partition on a/b devices. And I noticed in the update binary it has a target partition that it is told to install too which is I'm sure everyone can guess.... The recovery partition that doesn't exist on any a/b device. This sounded really good too. One of those to good to be true things....

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

So it's not being detected as a/b device clearly. Your update binary needs some work.....
I looked at the installer and there is no A/B detection. Enabling A/B mode is pointless since the files needed for patching the ramdisk are nonexistant

xdg4y

Jan 7, 2020
I looked at the installer and there is no A/B detection. Enabling A/B mode is pointless since the files needed for patching the ramdisk are nonexistant

Yes i Was just about to point this out. I've already tried enabling a/b detection myself. I've compared the files in twrp and ofrp and I've noticed that in twrp root folder there is magiskboot and recovery ramdisk cpio which is what we need for a/b orange fox only has recovery.img in it's root folder meaning this was built as a regular old non a/b recovery so this whole thing is just a mess. Why are we being pointed to miui toubleshooting in the op as well. And it's said that error 1 has nothing to do with orange fox but it for sure does because twrp gives error 1 when trying to flash because it wants a recovery partition because of the way this ofrp was built so error 1 is damn sure an orange fox issue cause.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Cant believe having looked into it anyone even tried this

Don't believe all you want we've tested it already. The installer is not built properly for a/b devices.

Arden144

Nov 1, 2017
OP, you need to actually modify and compile the recovery for different devices. "Porting" it does not entail just editing the model in the device detection script

MrYacha

OP, you need to actually modify and compile the recovery for different devices. "Porting" it does not entail just editing the model in the device detection script

I agree, OP should clearly write what this recovery is ported. Also we not recommend using ported recoveries at all! OrangeFox Recovery have tons of device specific vars which inbuilt in recovery blob (like A\B scheme and even screen resolution), so it will work incorrectly. Flashing at one's own risk.

P.S. OP, if you want build OrangeFox Recovery you are welcom to https://t.me/OrangeFoxBuilding ;)

xdg4y

Jan 7, 2020
The problem is here seems like this was just a copy paste. I get the feeling the op doesn't even own this device. And this should have been based off the latest unofficial by mauronfrio. This is exactly what the sky hawk recovery project team does...

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
Milwaukee
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 8
While this might be frustrating as we have seen some bad copy pastes before for our device, so people will be skeptical...
Any good working recovery solution would be welcomed and greatly appreciated. If you can get this working, that would be great.

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
Alright.

Fastboot booting the img just hangs on the fastboot mode screen. Trying to flash the zip results in "E3004: This package is for guacamole. This device (OnePlus7Pro) is not supported."

Was hyped for this but i guess that was in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Locked upon OP's request]

I agree, OP should clearly write what this recovery is ported. Also we not recommend using ported recoveries at all! OrangeFox Recovery have tons of device specific vars which inbuilt in recovery blob (like A\B scheme and even screen resolution), so it will work incorrectly. Flashing at one's own risk.

P.S. OP, if you want build OrangeFox Recovery you are welcom to https://t.me/OrangeFoxBuilding ;)