• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] TWRP for the Xiaomi K20 and mi 9T by LR.Team/wzsx150

Search This thread

SteelBodyX

Sep 12, 2015
Kolkata
Hello.. The device is not released in my place yet, so can anybody do a simple test?? If yes, then please test the storage to check if it's UFS or emmc and if it's UFS, then is it 2.0 or 2.1?

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut
About ufs storage .
i have mi9t global stable firmware.

i think this is ufs 2.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-02-16-07-04-423_com.andromeda.androbench2.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-02-16-07-04-423_com.andromeda.androbench2.png
    191 KB · Views: 893

I_did_it_just_tmrrow

Feb 27, 2011
You can flash it or not, the only thing it does is to make your phone boot to TWRP.

But you can do it writing: fastboot boot recovery.img

Or you can do it with the buttons: power + volume+

Okay, now my mi 9T is unlocked but still with the stock-rom. I try this but I still boot into the miui instead ob booting into twrp:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0607-REDMI_K20-CN-wzsx150.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.421s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.126s]
finished. total time: 1.550s
Did I need to do more?

Hello, yes, I am using the Mi 9T.

No, you have to flash the recovery.img, the one you don't need to flash is the misc.bin.

misc.bin only make your phone boot to TWRP, but you can do it with command or the buttons.
When I look into the bat (recovery-twrp一键刷入工具.bat) from the officialy baidu zip, I see this:
Code:
fastboot.exe flash recovery "%rec_img%" || goto FLASH_FAILED
fastboot.exe flash misc misc.bin >NUL 2>NUL
timeout /t 6 /nobreak >NUL
goto FLASH_OVER
So, they flash always the misc and the recovery. Can you explain a little bit more, what I will do when we flash the misc too?
Sorry, I am not 100% sure what you mean with that the misc.bin just making my phone boot into twrp. Did you mean always boot into this?

Greetings by Idijt

Schnedi

Oct 27, 2011
Okay, now my mi 9T is unlocked but still with the stock-rom. I try this but I still boot into the miui instead ob booting into twrp:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0607-REDMI_K20-CN-wzsx150.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.421s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.126s]
finished. total time: 1.550s
Did I need to do more?

When I look into the bat (recovery-twrp一键刷入工具.bat) from the officialy baidu zip, I see this:
Code:
fastboot.exe flash recovery "%rec_img%" || goto FLASH_FAILED
fastboot.exe flash misc misc.bin >NUL 2>NUL
timeout /t 6 /nobreak >NUL
goto FLASH_OVER
So, they flash always the misc and the recovery. Can you explain a little bit more, what I will do when we flash the misc too?
Sorry, I am not 100% sure what you mean with that the misc.bin just making my phone boot into twrp. Did you mean always boot into this?

Greetings by Idijt
Do it this way:
• Rename the recovery to: twrp.img

And the commands are:
• fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
• fastboot boot twrp.img

Or

• fastboot reboot and inmediately power + volume up

Bladeinger

Nov 22, 2010
Hi Guys!
Has anyone successfully rooted his K20 with this recovery and Magisk?
I tried it a few times and it always ended in a bootloop.
Fortunately flashing the Magisk uninstaller makes it boot again to system.

Is there anything special to do when installing Magisk on the K20?
Thanks in prior for any help.

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut
Finaly unlock bootloader this evening, and install twrp, all is working well, even reboot to twrp. already install XEU stable, hope tomorrow will arrive XEU developer.

Bladeinger

Nov 22, 2010
So, if anyone faces the same issue, here is what was the solution in my case.
After switching from the pre-installed global ROM to the latest EU ROM (10.3.9) everything works immediately as it should. :good:

Reactions: ydd0ras

elkadeho

Just s quick note for all ppl playin with the idea to root: do it ?

I followed the steps noted in that thread using the according sources and it works fine.

Unofficial Twrp just does its job, though the inbuilt root didn't work for me.
EU Rom is way better (faster unlock), note: wiping cash after flashing might cause the playservices to crash whilest initial setup.
Flashing magisk works fine.

No complaints. It just works and coming from OPO3 with havocOS I got to say I do like the miui skin quite well.... And I didn't expect that at all (though I'm using Nova launcher for sure).

Thanks to all posting sources here.

Cheers.

edit: my 9t self-identifies as k20.

Last edited:
Reactions: ydd0ras

Pheggas

Apr 2, 2017
Just s quick note for all ppl playin with the idea to root: do it

I followed the steps noted in that thread using the according sources and it works fine.

EU Rom is way better (faster unlock), note: wiping cash after flashing might cause the playservices to crash whilest initial setup.

No complaints. It just works and coming from OPO3 with havocOS I got to say I do like the miui skin quite well.... And I didn't expect that at all (though I'm using Nova launcher for sure).

Cheers.

Which steps did you do? Unlocked bootloader,then flashed unofficial twrp with adb tools and when you booted into twrp did you immediately flashed EU rom and right after EU rom flash, flashed magiks? cause i have OP3T rn and when i flash rom and onto it magisk, it will cause something like bootloop/weird brick.

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut
I install twrp then eu rom, even they say that we can install magisk just after eu rom, i prefer first to boot into rom then flash magisk

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

razielmcr

Mar 20, 2012
No because the bootloader is unlocked

Just s quick note for all ppl playin with the idea to root: do it

Cheers.

Hey, can you give us some info about the eu rom?

Besides the unlock speed is there any other improvement?

Greetings.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

No because the bootloader is unlocked

If your relock it it comes back?

Top Liked Posts