[UNOFFICIAL] [RIVA] LINEAGE OS 14.1 For Redmi 5A (DISCONTINUED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zh1985

Jul 18, 2011
Cavite
,i have a question, if i use this lineage os, when i install an app, will it be install on internal storage or on sd card or at least the app data, obb will install on sd card?.. I'm make it sure before i'm flashing this Lineage OS of yours.. thank you...

setyaid

May 24, 2018
help

bro.. which one the best option you prefer.. clean flash or just flash the rom without wiping system ?? :) im newbie

Sfzmp

May 29, 2018
Please help. I can't turn alarm off. If i want to do it i must restart my device. Does anyone have solution for this issue? Thanks. And also double tap to wake is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fd8qVoC3.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review

Code:
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.

What's New
    1. Enable Fast Charging

What's Working :
    1. Audio
    2. BLUETOOTH
    3. Camera
    4. dt2w
    5. EGL
    6. FINGERPRINT
    7. IR Blaster
    8. RIL
    9. Video Playback
    10. VoLTE
    11. WIFI
    12. LED
    Known issues :
    Nothing

Kernel Source : GitHub.com/SunnyRaj84348/Android_Kernel_Xiaomi_MSM8917

Instructions :
    1. Download the latest Rom build and GApps (choose arm64 7.1)
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the latest build and GApps
    4. Reboot

Downloads:
    Rom:
    LineageOS

CREDITS AND THANKS:
    @muralivijay
    @wzedlare
    @Nik001
    @avirk
    @ataberkozen

XDA: DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL Lineage OS 14.1 ROM , ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5A

Contributors
    @muralivijay

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL, Recovery

Version Information

Created 2018-04-03
    Last Updated 2018-05-15
    Are there any bugs?
    In the latest version (lineage-14.1-20180515-UNOFFICIAL-riva) the Double tap to wake does not work.
    In the previous version (lineage-14.1-20180404-UNOFFICIAL-riva) I had problems with the functioning of the Wi-Fi in some moments and some battery drain but I think it is because it is a previous build.

How is battery life?
    In the use that I give the battery has a good duration. I had a "battery drain" problem with "Lineage OS Services" in the version lineage-14.1-20180404-UNOFFICIAL-riva but I think it is because it is a previous build too.

It is a shame that the most stable and complete rom for this device is abandoned without updates. It includes the IR Blaster thing that no other rom in Oreo can say at the moment.

Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi 5A is the rom for most downloads by far in the developer's hosting and is still ignored :crying:

PtxKvdw.png
    how is it when compared to murli vijay's and ataberkozen's build... because i have tried both of them and had following bugs
    murli vijay's rom -lineage- bright ness bug
    ataberkozen's(mac tavish) rom- lineage- not starting/boot loop
    how do I delete notifications in the top left bar?

Thank's you

Install terminal emulator

Type setprop persist.lineage.nofool true

reboot
    Hey all,
    First of all I thank sunnyraj for developing such an awesome ROM for this phone. Even though it's unofficial, it meets the standard of many official ROMs.
    I spent a lot of time on this ROM but I wanted an oreo based custom ROM. So I flashed sunnyraj's official Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi 5A and used for about a month.
    But then, I decided to come back to Lineage OS 14.1 to try its updated (latest) build. But after flashing the 15/05/2018 build, I saw two major problems which I didn't see when I was using this ROM previously i.e. the 04/04/2018 build.
    I could see two new apps in the app drawer which were not there in the previous build. They are "Voice Search" and "Google Now". I had flashed gapps STOCK package in both the cases.
    Why is the Google Now icon appearing? The default launcher icon shouldn't appear in the apps drawer, right? See screenshots for reference...
    1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/13rXqrnbq17Y1qEBuPGrviTxZ3Fatnyeb/view?usp=drivesdk
    2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pgb6QoJgXLPWdDyYgKA9fKT7GD-inoWe/view?usp=drivesdk

Other than this there are no issues which seem to bother me. This is my all time favorite ROM! :cool:
    Please tell me if others have seen these two apps...
    And if possible can I get your reply @sunnyraj84348?

*Anyone who has seen these two apps?*

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Hey man,
    What did you update?
    It's showing the same build date 15/5/2018.
    Can anyone please tell me what I'm missing? :)

The developer updated yesterday to a new build but it was canceled due to a problem in the boot of the operating system. This canceled update included several updates.

Currently the last stable build is lineage-14.1-20180515-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip in which the DT2W (Double tap to wake) does not work.

If we only got the fix for the dt2w (not including the changes that damaged the boot) it would be fantastic.

I also noticed that in the current build it is installed through something called "Multirom" and in the canceled update that did not appear in the TWRP installation log, maybe this is the reason why the boot in the canceled update did not work ?