LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Both variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F and A525M and A725F and A725M) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.
- Mobile data
- Default network mode is set to 3G, you need to set preferred network mode to 4G manually in settings
- No audio in bluetooth phone calls due to prebuilt audio hal
- Fingerprint sensor and screen rotation on A72
- Selinux permissive
- Switch to OSS audio HAL
Fix A2DP offload (currently disabled)
- Fix the remaining bugs
- Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP installed.
- If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin (originally posted here).
- Backup all your necessary partitions before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
- Download the lineage build from the link below and optionally download Gapps too.
- Format data in TWRP in case you are coming from stock ROM.
- Wipe your data and cache partitions.
- Flash the LineageOS zip.
- Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
13-01-2022: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)
Gapps (choose arm64 and 11.0): LineageOS | OpenGapps
Lineage recovery: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)
If you like my work feel free to send me a donation.
- Me, for spending my time on this project
- Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
- @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
- Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone
Source Code: https://github.com/Simon1511/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125