• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][11.0] LineageOS 18.1 for A52 4G and A72

Search This thread
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Supported devices
Both variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F and A525M and A725F and A725M) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.

Working
  • Audio
  • Wifi
  • Hotspot
  • Calls
  • WifiDisplay
  • Bluetooth
  • OMX
  • Camera
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint
  • Mobile data
  • GPS
  • DT2W

Bugs
  • Default network mode is set to 3G, you need to set preferred network mode to 4G manually in settings
  • No audio in bluetooth phone calls due to prebuilt audio hal
  • Fingerprint sensor and screen rotation on A72
  • Selinux permissive

TODO
  • Switch to OSS audio HAL
  • Fix A2DP offload (currently disabled)
  • Fix the remaining bugs
  • Support A72

Installation instructions
  • Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
  • Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP installed.
  • If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin (originally posted here).
  • Backup all your necessary partitions before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
  • Download the lineage build from the link below and optionally download Gapps too.
  • Format data in TWRP in case you are coming from stock ROM.
  • Wipe your data and cache partitions.
  • Flash the LineageOS zip.
  • Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
  • Reboot.

Downloads
13-01-2022: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)
Gapps (choose arm64 and 11.0): LineageOS | OpenGapps

Lineage recovery: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Support
Donations
If you like my work feel free to send me a donation.

Credits
To...
  • Me, for spending my time on this project
  • Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
  • @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
  • Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone

Source Code: https://github.com/Simon1511/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-152651_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211118-152651_Trebuchet.png
    441.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_20211118-152738_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211118-152738_Settings.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Screenshot_20211118-152808_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211118-152808_Trebuchet.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot_20211118-152823_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211118-152823_Settings.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 383
  • Screenshot_20211118-152852_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211118-152852_Trebuchet.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
FAQ

Can I root my phone with this ROM?
Yes, just install the latest version of Magisk (currently v23).

How can I pass safetynet?
Install Magisk and enable "MagiskHide" in the settings. Then install "MagiskHide Props Config" from the module repository and reboot your phone. After rebooting, install a terminal app like Termux, then type "su" in it to get root permissions. Type "props", then select "Edit device fingerprint", after that select "Pick a certified fingerprint", pick "Samsung" and choose "Galaxy A52 4G". Reboot and you should pass safetynet.

Automatic camera flash doesnt work!
That's an issue with Lineage's camera app. Use GCam or any other camera app instead.

Last edited:
Changelogs

13-01-2022
Code:
-Latest lineage sources with december security patch (january one wasn't released yet)
-Updated blobs to A525FXXU4AUJ2
-Added initial A72 support
-Switched to OSS fingerprint HAL by [USER=4443334]@Grarak[/USER]
-Cleaned up unused config files
-Built lineage recovery for both devices
-Added missing overlay for the system to know that we have a notch
-Built more blobs from source
-Fixed A2DP offload and switched to AOSP bluetooth audio implementation
-Correctly boost brightness when the fingerprint sensor is touched
-Fixed fingerprint sensor not working when screen brightness is low
-Corrected size and position of the fingerprint sensor (And yes, the sensor is REALLY that big)
-Disabled screen off FOD for now since it doesn't work anyway
-Limit fingerprints to max 4 per user
-Temporary disabled FMRadio since it somehow broke with latest sources
-Built QCOM audio effects from source

20-11-2021
Code:
-Initial release

Last edited:
Reactions: time_nl
nice one, but the fingerprint often doesn't work
8/128, twrp-3.5.2_10-0-a52q, have done all the installation instructions
What do you mean it doesnt work "often"?

If its for unlocking the phone when the screen is off then that is already a know bug and is currently not fixable.

Apart from that the fingerprint sensor always worked fine for me.

iam23

Oct 2, 2017
Indonesia
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
What do you mean it doesnt work "often"?

If its for unlocking the phone when the screen is off then that is already a know bug and is currently not fixable.

Apart from that the fingerprint sensor always worked fine for me.
I'm sorry, I use google translate,
I know about the off screen bug.
I mean, sometimes it says "finger moved too fast", and after that happens the fingerprint can never work.
i know it's still early, thank you for the first a52 custom rom

diegobenti

Jan 25, 2013
2.Wi-Fi calls do not appear, therefore they do not work.
3. and unfortunately when installing this version you cannot go back to the original version, enter the boot loop

Top Liked Posts

That's why you keep official system if you want stability. This custom rom is a work in progress and won't get you the best of performance when compared to stock.
    is ok i just was reporting, i would love a lineage rom more stable and that was the only bug i have.
    Hey hey,

Is this still in development or has it been abandoned? Because I really want to install it but I don't want to miss out on updates etc.
    Also, are there any plans to migrate to Lineage OS 19 later on?

Thanks a lot for your hard work anyway!
    The last update was released just 5 days ago, I doubt that you could call this abandoned. In case of updates, just keep following the XDA thread and you shouldn't miss out on anything.

is ok i just was reporting, i would love a lineage rom more stable and that was the only bug i have.
    Thanks for reporting the bug, I will take a look into it. Apart from what you reported and the bugs listed in post #1 it should be pretty much bugless and stable.
    The last update was released just 5 days ago, I doubt that you could call this abandoned. In case of updates, just keep following the XDA thread and you shouldn't miss out on anything.

Thanks for reporting the bug, I will take a look into it. Apart from what you reported and the bugs listed in post #1 it should be pretty much bugless and stable.
    Thank you, my guy.
    You are a legend. I'm gonna install it this week and will reply here about how it went.
    What other places exist to contact you other than XDA and Telegram?
    Or to follow the updates.
    Thank you, my guy.
    You are a legend. I'm gonna install it this week and will reply here about how it went.
    What other places exist to contact you other than XDA and Telegram?
    Or to follow the updates.
    Sorry, I usually only announce new updates and similar on XDA and Telegram. You're probably gonna have the best chances to miss nothing when checking the Telegram group from time to time.
    Update

Changelog
    Code:
    -Latest lineage sources with december security patch (january one wasn't released yet)
    -Added initial A72 support -- see more information below
    -Switched to OSS fingerprint HAL by @Grarak
    -Corrected size and position of the fingerprint sensor (And yes, the sensor is REALLY that big)

Some notes regarding A72 support
    Since I don't have an A72 here it was kinda hard to blindly support it. But first I wanna thank @madseason.live and Leo on Telegram for testing my builds on their A72's. Even though both of them did good testing, we didn't succeed in getting the fingerprint sensor to work. A72 uses a different sensor and driver than A52 does and without having the device here by myself it's hard to fix that without knowing what the actual issue is. It only works for setting up a fingerprint, but actually unlocking the phone with it doesn't work. Additionally, for somehow screen rotation is flipped by 90° which makes no sense at all since A52 and A72 use the same sensors except for fingerprint and camera. If someone has an idea or wants to contribute, feel free to contact me.
    Nice work @Simon1511! Thanks for bringing Lineage on our device...
    Very very nice work @Simon1511
    Love seeing the progress on this ROM!
    Thank you for the continuous great work I used your ROMs on my old A5 2017 for couple years and always worked great, and I recently upgraded to the a52s 5g so is there any chance or plans to also support that device ?
    i was having bad performance in emulator of psp and psx, that problem dont exist in oficial android 11
    That's why you keep official system if you want stability. This custom rom is a work in progress and won't get you the best of performance when compared to stock.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Supported devices
    Both variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F and A525M and A725F and A725M) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.

Working
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Calls
    • WifiDisplay
    • Bluetooth
    • OMX
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • DT2W

Bugs
    • Default network mode is set to 3G, you need to set preferred network mode to 4G manually in settings
    • No audio in bluetooth phone calls due to prebuilt audio hal
    • Fingerprint sensor and screen rotation on A72
    • Selinux permissive

TODO
    • Switch to OSS audio HAL
    • Fix A2DP offload (currently disabled)
    • Fix the remaining bugs
    • Support A72

Installation instructions
    • Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
    • Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP installed.
    • If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin (originally posted here).
    • Backup all your necessary partitions before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
    • Download the lineage build from the link below and optionally download Gapps too.
    • Format data in TWRP in case you are coming from stock ROM.
    • Wipe your data and cache partitions.
    • Flash the LineageOS zip.
    • Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
    • Reboot.

Downloads
    Gapps (choose arm64 and 11.0): LineageOS | OpenGapps

Support
    Donations
    If you like my work feel free to send me a donation.

Credits
    To...
    • Me, for spending my time on this project
    • Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
    • @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
    • Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone

Source Code: https://github.com/Simon1511/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125
    Update

Changelog
    Code:
    -Added initial A72 support -- see more information below
    -Switched to OSS fingerprint HAL by @Grarak

Some notes regarding A72 support
    Since I don't have an A72 here it was kinda hard to blindly support it. But first I wanna thank @madseason.live and Leo on Telegram for testing my builds on their A72's. Even though both of them did good testing, we didn't succeed in getting the fingerprint sensor to work. A72 uses a different sensor and driver than A52 does and without having the device here by myself it's hard to fix that without knowing what the actual issue is. It only works for setting up a fingerprint, but actually unlocking the phone with it doesn't work. Additionally, for somehow screen rotation is flipped by 90° which makes no sense at all since A52 and A72 use the same sensors except for fingerprint and camera. If someone has an idea or wants to contribute, feel free to contact me.
    FAQ

Can I root my phone with this ROM?
    Yes, just install the latest version of Magisk (currently v23).

How can I pass safetynet?
    Install Magisk and enable "MagiskHide" in the settings. Then install "MagiskHide Props Config" from the module repository and reboot your phone. After rebooting, install a terminal app like Termux, then type "su" in it to get root permissions. Type "props", then select "Edit device fingerprint", after that select "Pick a certified fingerprint", pick "Samsung" and choose "Galaxy A52 4G". Reboot and you should pass safetynet.

Automatic camera flash doesnt work!
    That's an issue with Lineage's camera app. Use GCam or any other camera app instead.
    Great news that someone is working on LOS for a52! Keep it up and thank you so much.
    Great job mate! Didn't expect someone already trying to bring LinageOS to this phone. Thank you very much!