• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][11][Marlin/Sailfish] LineageOS 18.0 [06/10/2020]

Search This thread

Dodgexander

Mar 31, 2013
Hey can anyone let me know which gapps are included in this rom? i mean minimal, stock,pico ?
Good question. I'd also would like to know that.
As far as I can tell its pico or micro, only play store on home screen. In fact, there's only about 9 app shortcuts in the launcher, and 16 total.
Gboard, Pixel Launcher, Pixel setup included.

Wallpaper/Style app opens and force closes, if you repeat enough you get a not responding message.
Here's the logcat: https://pastelink.net/28ivd

[ 11-13 22:56:44.866 1076: 8721 I/ActivityManager ]
Process com.android.wallpaper (pid 13174) has died: fg TOP

[ 11-13 22:56:44.870 638: 638 I/Zygote ]
Process 13174 exited due to signal 9 (Killed)

[ 10-03 21:36:25.869 638: 638 W/audit ]
audit_lost=4746 audit_rate_limit=5 audit_backlog_limit=64

[ 10-03 21:36:25.869 638: 638 E/audit ]
rate limit exceeded

[ 11-13 22:56:44.892 1076: 8721 W/WindowManager ]
Failed to deliver inset state change to w=Window{b2718c4 u0 com.android.wallpaper/com.android.wallpaper.picker.TopLevelPickerActivity EXITING}
android.os.DeadObjectException
at android.os.BinderProxy.transactNative(Native Method)
at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(BinderProxy.java:540)
at android.view.IWindow$Stub$Proxy.insetsControlChanged(IWindow.java:765)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowState.notifyInsetsControlChanged(WindowState.java:3669)
at com.android.server.wm.InsetsStateController.lambda$notifyPendingInsetsControlChanged$4$InsetsStateController(InsetsStateController.java:445)
at com.android.server.wm.-$$Lambda$InsetsStateController$-1iOXDf-1s3wDHcMIHBKNk6MS3I.run(Unknown Source:2)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowAnimator.executeAfterPrepareSurfacesRunnables(WindowAnimator.java:341)
at com.android.server.wm.RootWindowContainer.performSurfacePlacementNoTrace(RootWindowContainer.java:854)
at com.android.server.wm.RootWindowContainer.performSurfacePlacement(RootWindowContainer.java:802)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacementLoop(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:178)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacement(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:127)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.performSurfacePlacement(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:116)
at com.android.server.wm.WindowSurfacePlacer.continueLayout(WindowSurfacePlacer.java:98)
at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService.continueWindowLayout(ActivityTaskManagerService.java:5328)
at com.android.server.wm.ActivityTaskManagerService$LocalService.handleAppDied(ActivityTaskManagerService.java:6798)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.handleAppDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:3781)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.appDiedLocked(ActivityManagerService.java:3922)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$AppDeathRecipient.binderDied(ActivityManagerService.java:1601)
at android.os.IBinder$DeathRecipient.binderDied(IBinder.java:305)
at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(BinderProxy.java:654)

Thanks OP for posting/building, I hope you continue to update. It's nice to experience the latest and greatest!

EDIT* found a fix for the styles and wallpaper crash, it was because by default Files and Media permission was set to disabled. Enter app info and enable the permission and no more crashes!
Installed EX Kernel, smooth as butter.

Last edited:

GT3CH1

Jul 13, 2019
Has anyone been able to get the google assistant working on this rom yet? (Including voice recognition).

It's the only thing keeping me from staying on this ROM

shtma

Apr 6, 2017
Make assist app google

Check if the assist app is google.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I hope the volte gets fixed ..only volte stops me from staying

GT3CH1

Jul 13, 2019
Check if the assist app is google.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I hope the volte gets fixed ..only volte stops me from staying

It is. The switch in the google app ("Hey Google" under Voice Match) keeps turning itself off. The ROM is missing the "ro.opa.eligible_device=true" flag. I was able to add it but it didn't work either.

DirtyAngelicaSecured

Mar 30, 2020
Paris
Does this ROM come with MAC address randomization for WiFi? Most Android 10 devices get that option, but not original Pixel phones. Lineage 17.1 didn't come with MAC address randomization either. I was hoping Lineage 18 would include it. Its a purely software-based feature, had nothing to do with hardware at all.

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
Moto E
Google Pixel
Tried to flash the sailfish image multiple times and even sideloaded. Same results, every time so far. LineageOS just sits at the animation screen and rotates around. I've let it sit there for hours with the same results. Backup phone, so not a huge deal breaker. Just an FYI to others

b00ster23

Feb 19, 2016
Moto E
Google Pixel
Tried to flash the sailfish image multiple times and even sideloaded. Same results, every time so far. LineageOS just sits at the animation screen and rotates around. I've let it sit there for hours with the same results. Backup phone, so not a huge deal breaker. Just an FYI to others

So I just found out what my issue was. The OP states we should perform a 'full wipe' and then select 'yes' with the latest TWRP. For the latest sailfish TWRP it's actually "Format Data" under wipe then 'yes' After a reboot, I'm in business and testing through

devilng

Jun 29, 2010
KIEV
The file attached in the thread works itself flawlessly but (!) for some reason required several chain-flashing in a row with wipes to start (stuck in a bootloop with no informative logcat output). OS works well. I'm mainly using BSG Gcam mod on it, the private mod provides several camera features of newer pixels generation. Camera image quality is astonishing for such an old device. In fact, it's not so far in the image quality aspect in the case of using longer exposures (no image stabilization).

Issues that I have detected at the moment:
- Unknown exact steps to get the ROM working ('several flashing cycles' is not a very consistent step)
- Lineage features and several system settings not working (crash settings app when entering or not effective):
- - Live display (not effective)
- - Styles & wallpaper (contain only wallpaper, no styles settings)
- - Privacy -> Trust (immediately stuck the device in a bootloop if activated, with no recovery steps found - only wipe to recover)
- - System -> System profiles (crashes)
- - System -> Status bar (the settings' UI is present and openable, but settings are not effective in the system)
- - Night light (not effective on set)
- - Battery percentage (not effective on set)
- GCam 8.1 (BSG private mod) UI performance and overall responsiveness is not very good (not sure if a problem with the ROM or the application - no other mod to compare)
- Dark mode! The background is grey, not black. Not cool at all. No way to change it (no relevant settings, overlays manager like the substratum does not work), with a greenish accent, not very cool either.

Magisk works, magisk root works as well with no issues.

Waiting for updates or any guides for solving issues

Last edited:
Reactions: spiral777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's unpleasant to realize that our phone has been abandoned by the developers. Even Nexus 5 already has a normal version of android 11...

I've been trying to follow the build guide for pixel experience for sailfish Android 11 but no luck yet :/
    It's unpleasant to realize that our phone has been abandoned by the developers. Even Nexus 5 already has a normal version of android 11...
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Do not install Gapps, they are included in the ROM as RIL needs them!
    The ROM requires a full wipe, back up what you have!
    If you get a battery screen after flashing do a full wipe and flash again.

Bugs :
    • SELinux is permissive (won't affect daily usage)
    • Encryption (also won't affect daily usage)
    • You tell me.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot latest TWRP
    • Tap "wipe" and then tap "full wipe" and type "yes" in the box
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Telegram group: https://t.me/LunarixusChat

If you like my work then consider making a donation.
    https://www.paypal.me/RioTApex

Kernel source: https://github.com/Lunarixus/LunarKernel-marlin
    Thanks... I was hoping LineageOS 18 would move on to 4.X...
    any upcoming updates ?