[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][11][Marlin/Sailfish] LineageOS 18.0 [06/10/2020]

Search This thread

Lunarixus

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Do not install Gapps, they are included in the ROM as RIL needs them!
The ROM requires a full wipe, back up what you have!
If you get a battery screen after flashing do a full wipe and flash again.

Bugs :
  • SELinux is permissive (won't affect daily usage)
  • Encryption (also won't affect daily usage)
  • You tell me.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build
  • Boot latest TWRP
  • Tap "wipe" and then tap "full wipe" and type "yes" in the box
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Telegram group: https://t.me/LunarixusChat

If you like my work then consider making a donation.
https://www.paypal.me/RioTApex

Kernel source: https://github.com/Lunarixus/LunarKernel-marlin

Last edited:

DudemanJenkins

Dec 10, 2013
Hello! Loving this rom so far. No issues have been seriously experience breaking but there are a few things worth addressing:

1. Changing wallpapers crashes by default - fixed by installing the Google Wallpapers app from the play store.
2. Ringtones are unable to be changed as selecting the option to change it in settings > sound - crashes settings - tried 3rd party apps no workaround. Default ringtone for notification is an actual ringtone so notification tones are ~30 seconds and unable to be changed. (Update: I was able to change ringtones through the Audiko app)
3. Apps that utilize the finger print scanner previously do not seem to have access (i.e. Lastpass) noting in the app settings that the feature is unavailable on this device.
4. Hotspot is unable to be enabled - simply gives "Error" when trying to enable.
5. Google Fi users are forced to complete the Pixel setup again when activating through the Fi app
6. Latest versions of Magisk (20 and 21) do not work with this rom and will cause it to boot loop.

Aside from the above it's been a mostly solid experience. When you get a lot of apps running it gets a bit bogged down and some things are just somewhat choppy to load. That being said, performance is not something I'm expecting with a bleeding edge port of an unsupported OS :D

Last edited:

Lunarixus

Hello! Loving this rom so far. No issues have been seriously experience breaking but there are a few things worth addressing:

1. Changing wallpapers crashes by default - fixed by installing the Google Wallpapers app from the play store.
2. Ringtones are unable to be changed as selecting the option to change it in settings > sound - crashes settings - tried 3rd party apps no workaround. Default ringtone for notification is an actual ringtone so notification tones are ~30 seconds and unable to be changed. (Update: I was able to change ringtones through the Audiko app)
3. Apps that utilize the finger print scanner previously do not seem to have access (i.e. Lastpass) noting in the app settings that the feature is unavailable on this device.
4. Hotspot is unable to be enabled - simply gives "Error" when trying to enable.
5. Google Fi users are forced to complete the Pixel setup again when activating through the Fi app
6. Latest versions of Magisk (20 and 21) do not work with this rom and will cause it to boot loop.

Aside from the above it's been a mostly solid experience. When you get a lot of apps running it gets a bit bogged down and some things are just somewhat choppy to load. That being said, performance is not something I'm expecting with a bleeding edge port of an unsupported OS :D

Hello DudemanJenkins,

1. I understand the concern with the wallpapers app, it is something I did source side and I am researching into possible fixes.
2. Ringtone options are broken in LOS 18 at the moment, I am expecting them to be fixed soon but I have no ETA on that, hopefully by next build.
3. I believe I have identified what causes apps to not see fingerprint and have addressed it in hopes it'll be fixed next build.
4. I will look into this.
5. I don't own a Google Fi phone so I cannot speak too much but this sounds like a normal thing.
6. There are multiple people rooted on this ROM, check your flashing method is correct.

As for performance and battery life I believe I have found the cause of why both of those are so bad at the moment, hopefully will be fixed next release.

anas aleem

May 9, 2020
found handful of bugs
some options in the settings dosent work
google chrome keeps crashing
overall camera quality was also not good like on the official android 10
kindly look into this

Voltz100999

Jun 10, 2017
Enigma
I did get Magisk 21 installed, and it works fine. My main issues are the battery percentage not enabling and Chrome (in all forms I believe) crashes very frequently. Other than that the ROM is actually quite a bit quicker feeling than Android 10 was on my XL.

DudemanJenkins

Dec 10, 2013
5. I don't own a Google Fi phone so I cannot speak too much but this sounds like a normal thing.
6. There are multiple people rooted on this ROM, check your flashing method is correct.

5. It will usually take you to activation where it will then just take you to the Fi app. It could be that there's some kind of call that has it skip the rest as the activation is one of the first parts of android setup? Just a thought from someone with minimal understanding :D. Also very niche so totally understand if this is a nofix.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I did get Magisk 21 installed, and it works fine. My main issues are the battery percentage not enabling and Chrome (in all forms I believe) crashes very frequently. Other than that the ROM is actually quite a bit quicker feeling than Android 10 was on my XL.

If you don't mind, what steps did you take to get Magisk working? I'm still a bit stuck there

TheOneBlackMage

Oct 8, 2020
Thanks for this build! I tried it out on my OG Pixel XL, and was able to get it to boot. I did run into a few issues:

1. GApps was installed by default, and went through the initial setup, however GMail and Calendar both did not recognize that the account was installed. I waited overnight for all of the apps to update, and eventually they synchronized and allowed access to the accounts. Very strange.

2. Chrome is very glitchy. It crashes frequently and freezes a lot, especially when switching between apps.

3. Ran into the wallpaper issue, but resolved as others mentioned.

4. Ran into the ringtone issue, with phantom alarm/ringtones happening randomly. I ended up having to put the phone on vibrate as it was quite loud sometimes.

5. I have two calendar apps for some reason. They both seem to be synchronizing for the same account, but have different icons on the launcher screen.

Last edited:

scube

Mar 28, 2010
device tree

yum yum yummy!
curious what device tree looks like for XL (either, I guess :D)

awesome koods!! :good:

edit: looks like GSI,perhaps :)

Last edited:

Extremeblight

Oct 12, 2017
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more replies in comparison to other previous unofficial release of 17.0/17.1. Have people been having trouble with this release?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Do not install Gapps, they are included in the ROM as RIL needs them!
    The ROM requires a full wipe, back up what you have!
    If you get a battery screen after flashing do a full wipe and flash again.

Bugs :
    • SELinux is permissive (won't affect daily usage)
    • Encryption (also won't affect daily usage)
    • You tell me.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot latest TWRP
    • Tap "wipe" and then tap "full wipe" and type "yes" in the box
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Telegram group: https://t.me/LunarixusChat

If you like my work then consider making a donation.
    https://www.paypal.me/RioTApex

Kernel source: https://github.com/Lunarixus/LunarKernel-marlin
    Here's a link if you don't have telegram https://mega.nz/file/hIkwkZzb#tT6_ss4YSY3yJrRO__oRNhnPgqjAGw90JQGMzVz0TzQ
    (this is also the marlin version)
    Che
    I cannot download. Says forbidden. Link broken.

Also whats new with this build?
    Check reply number 41. Download from mega.