Development [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][12.0] LineageOS 19.0 for A52 4G and A72

Search This thread

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
I personally didn't notice any flickering at any time and I'm not gonna add it to the ROM. If you really need PWMfree, just install it after installing the ROM.
well i was only a recommendation the fliker is there:
"
The display backlight flickers at 183.8 Hz (Likely utilizing PWM) Flickering detected at a brightness setting of 100 % and below. There should be no flickering or PWM above this brightness setting.

The frequency of 183.8 Hz is relatively low, so sensitive users will likely notice flickering and experience eyestrain at the stated brightness setting and below." from notebookcheck

you cant notice but can give you eyestrain

khaledkakeesh

May 31, 2020
Thank you for the continuous great work I used your ROMs on my old A5 2017 for couple years and always worked great, and I recently upgraded to the a52s 5g so is there any chance or plans to also support that device ?

Reactions: Simon1511
Thank you for the continuous great work I used your ROMs on my old A5 2017 for couple years and always worked great, and I recently upgraded to the a52s 5g so is there any chance or plans to also support that device ?
Nice to see that some A5 2017 users are around here too :)

As of now there are no plans to support A52s since the camera stops working when the bootloader is unlocked and it has a different SOC than A52 4G which would make it very hard for me to blindly support it.

MrZaku086

Apr 8, 2021
i was having bad performance in emulator of psp and psx, that problem dont exist in oficial android 11

IdleEndeavor

Jan 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hey hey,

Is this still in development or has it been abandoned? Because I really want to install it but I don't want to miss out on updates etc.
Also, are there any plans to migrate to Lineage OS 19 later on?

Thanks a lot for your hard work anyway!

Hey hey,

Is this still in development or has it been abandoned? Because I really want to install it but I don't want to miss out on updates etc.
Also, are there any plans to migrate to Lineage OS 19 later on?

Thanks a lot for your hard work anyway!
The last update was released just 5 days ago, I doubt that you could call this abandoned. In case of updates, just keep following the XDA thread and you shouldn't miss out on anything.

is ok i just was reporting, i would love a lineage rom more stable and that was the only bug i have.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I will take a look into it. Apart from what you reported and the bugs listed in post #1 it should be pretty much bugless and stable.

Reactions: ashraftheboss

IdleEndeavor

Jan 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
The last update was released just 5 days ago, I doubt that you could call this abandoned. In case of updates, just keep following the XDA thread and you shouldn't miss out on anything.

Thanks for reporting the bug, I will take a look into it. Apart from what you reported and the bugs listed in post #1 it should be pretty much bugless and stable.
Thank you, my guy.
You are a legend. I'm gonna install it this week and will reply here about how it went.
What other places exist to contact you other than XDA and Telegram?
Or to follow the updates.

Reactions: Simon1511
Thank you, my guy.
You are a legend. I'm gonna install it this week and will reply here about how it went.
What other places exist to contact you other than XDA and Telegram?
Or to follow the updates.
Sorry, I usually only announce new updates and similar on XDA and Telegram. You're probably gonna have the best chances to miss nothing when checking the Telegram group from time to time.

just wondering
could i try getting los19 to run with your stuff? would bw interesting tbh
At the moment probably not. From what I've heard so far Lineage 19 seems to be in a pretty early state where everyone needs hacks to get most stuff to even compile.

The only thing I can say is: It will be released here once its ready :)

Hey people, thanks for waiting patiently and reporting bugs. Lineage 19 is now available with a long list of bugfixes and improvements!

Before installing, make sure to be on OneUI 4 firmware and have OrangeFox or TWRP 3.6 or newer installed, otherwise you will end up in a bootloop.

Also, this build contains an unofficial implementation of monet. Feel free to give me feedback on this.

In addition the device trees are now available on my Github!

Downloads: A52 | A72

Changelog:
Code:
-Updated to Lineage 19.0
-February security patch
-Updated all blobs and configs to A525FXXS4BVA2 (Android 12)
-Updated kernel to A525FXXU4BUL8 (Android 12)
-Unified more blobs
-Fixed screen rotation on A72
-Switched to AOSP WifiDisplay implementation
-Corrected status bar padding
-Built more blobs from source
-Switched to Clang r383902
-Disabled APEX compression
-Switched to UDFPS
-Fixed FOD on AOD
-Make FOD stay always on for working FOD on AOD
-Increased the amount of time the screen lights up when touching the fingerprint sensor
-Switched to stock health blobs
-Overall cleanup
-Enabled F2FS support for system partition
-Switched to newer AIDL libperfmgr power HAL
-Updated vibrator to AIDL to switch to manifest level 5 and match stock
-Fixed audio in bluetooth phone calls on A52 (for somehow still broken on A72)
-Imported APTX BT encoder from Pixel 5
-Enabled unofficial monet implementation

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U posted update just to get top spot on the forum from me didnt u lmao
    1. What partitions should I backup if I want to restore stock after flashing this?
    2. What is the prefered way to root with Magisk? I read that "Installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended." Is this the case after installing this rom?
    1. Backup super, boot and data partition.
    2. Download the latest magisk APK from here and rename it from Magisk-v24.3.apk to Magisk-v24.3.zip and flash it in recovery.
    Id love to try this rom out but does 90hz toggle come in this rom for A52. In the other pixel experience rom, i believe you require to do a work around to enable it ,by yourself. Thank you in advance.
    Yes, the toggle is there in settings.
    I've got an SM-A525M/DS and gave this firmware a try, everything works except for voice calling using the second sim.

I detailed what I found in another thread.

Basically, after loading this LineageOS rom, the phone thinks it's an SM-A525F, and the second sim works for sms and data, but has no audio when used for a voice call. This happens no matter which of my two sim cards is in the slot, and having the other slot filled or empty does not change the result.

Re-flashed stock rom and re-tested, and everything worked as expected, and the phone showed it's correct model again in the settings screen. Re-flashed lineage again, had exactly the same issue with the same sim slot.

I'll give it another try once the next release is available, and see what happens.
    @Simon1511 Thanks a lot for your work! This is a life saver for me (Samsung stock is awefully full of bloatware). Bye bye Bixby!

Everything works very smooth for me on my A525f, I only noticed minor bugs that I'll list below but nothing critical 🙂

If you can make encryption work, it will be perfect!

Minor bugs:
    - Agenda stock app not working (I replaced it with the Etar app)
    - Over reboot, the screen brightness setting seems to be forgotten (I like low brightness and I have to reset it after each reboot. The Adaptive Screen Brightness setting is correctly kept though)
    - Over reboot, the icon shape settings is forgottent and reset to default (I prefer the Squircle option)

It seems to be more stable without Magisk (I had a few app crash with Magisk)

Generic questions:
    - What camera app are you using? The default one doesn't work, the Google one is buged (off-centered). I installed OpenCamera and it works great but is a bit over complex
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Supported devices
    Both variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F and A525M and A725F and A725M) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.

Working
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Calls
    • WifiDisplay
    • Bluetooth
    • OMX
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • DT2W

Bugs
    • Fingerprint sensor on A72
    • Selinux permissive
    • Encryption

TODO
    • Switch to OSS audio HAL?
    • Fix A2DP offload (currently disabled)
    • Fix the remaining bugs
    • Support A72

Installation instructions
    • Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
    • Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP or OrangeFox installed.
    • If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin (originally posted here).
    • Backup all your necessary partitions before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
    • Download the lineage build from the link below and optionally download Gapps too.
    • Format data in TWRP in case you are coming from stock ROM.
    • Wipe your data and cache partitions.
    • Flash the LineageOS zip.
    • Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
    • Optionally, also flash Magisk v24 or newer right after
    • Reboot.

Downloads
    02-03-2022: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)
    Gapps (choose arm64 and 12.0): List of GApps

Lineage recovery: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Old builds:
    Lineage 18.1

Support
    Donations
    If you like my work feel free to send me a donation.

Credits
    To...
    • Me, for spending my time on this project
    • Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
    • @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
    • @TheLeo2307 for testing on his A72
    • @miamighost for testing on his A52
    • Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone

Source Code: https://github.com/Simon1511/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125
    Hey people, thanks for waiting patiently and reporting bugs. Lineage 19 is now available with a long list of bugfixes and improvements!

Before installing, make sure to be on OneUI 4 firmware and have OrangeFox or TWRP 3.6 or newer installed, otherwise you will end up in a bootloop.

Also, this build contains an unofficial implementation of monet. Feel free to give me feedback on this.

In addition the device trees are now available on my Github!

Downloads: A52 | A72

Changelog:
    Code:
    -Updated to Lineage 19.0
    -February security patch
    -Updated all blobs and configs to A525FXXS4BVA2 (Android 12)
    -Updated kernel to A525FXXU4BUL8 (Android 12)
    -Unified more blobs
    -Fixed screen rotation on A72
    -Switched to AOSP WifiDisplay implementation
    -Corrected status bar padding
    -Switched to Clang r383902
    -Disabled APEX compression
    -Switched to UDFPS
    -Fixed FOD on AOD
    -Make FOD stay always on for working FOD on AOD
    -Increased the amount of time the screen lights up when touching the fingerprint sensor
    -Switched to stock health blobs
    -Overall cleanup
    -Enabled F2FS support for system partition
    -Switched to newer AIDL libperfmgr power HAL
    -Updated vibrator to AIDL to switch to manifest level 5 and match stock
    -Fixed audio in bluetooth phone calls on A52 (for somehow still broken on A72)
    -Imported APTX BT encoder from Pixel 5
    -Enabled unofficial monet implementation
    Update

13-01-2022: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Lineage recovery: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Changelog
    Code:
    -Latest lineage sources with december security patch (january one wasn't released yet)
    -Updated blobs to A525FXXU4AUJ2
    -Added initial A72 support -- see more information below
    -Switched to OSS fingerprint HAL by @Grarak
    -Cleaned up unused config files
    -Built lineage recovery for both devices
    -Added missing overlay for the system to know that we have a notch
    -Fixed A2DP offload and switched to AOSP bluetooth audio implementation
    -Correctly boost brightness when the fingerprint sensor is touched
    -Fixed fingerprint sensor not working when screen brightness is low
    -Corrected size and position of the fingerprint sensor (And yes, the sensor is REALLY that big)
    -Disabled screen off FOD for now since it doesn't work anyway
    -Limit fingerprints to max 4 per user
    -Temporary disabled FMRadio since it somehow broke with latest sources
    -Built QCOM audio effects from source

Some notes regarding A72 support
    Since I don't have an A72 here it was kinda hard to blindly support it. But first I wanna thank @madseason.live and Leo on Telegram for testing my builds on their A72's. Even though both of them did good testing, we didn't succeed in getting the fingerprint sensor to work. A72 uses a different sensor and driver than A52 does and without having the device here by myself it's hard to fix that without knowing what the actual issue is. It only works for setting up a fingerprint, but actually unlocking the phone with it doesn't work. Additionally, for somehow screen rotation is flipped by 90° which makes no sense at all since A52 and A72 use the same sensors except for fingerprint and camera. If someone has an idea or wants to contribute, feel free to contact me.
    will you make selinux enforcing ???
    Yes, I will very likely do that in one of the next builds.

Will it become official?
    I will try my best to do that once SeLinux is enforcing (see above) and encryption works.
    FAQ

Can I root my phone with this ROM?
    Yes, just install the latest version of Magisk.

How can I pass safetynet?
    Follow this guide.

Automatic camera flash doesnt work!
    That's an issue with Lineage's camera app. Use GCam or any other camera app instead.