Development [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][12.0] Pixel Experience Plus for A52 and A72

Search This thread

Ayder_iz

Apr 8, 2018
Hi. Today I noticed with a light theme, auto-brightness began to change endlessly in a dark room

Wojtek1971

May 14, 2022
Hi, thanks for the rom. Does the google voice assistant work on the latest build? It did not on the previous one, with the voice assistant option being greyed out.

Wojtek1971

May 14, 2022
Voice assistant has always worked for me on PE. Try clean install.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by clean install. Being on stock rom, I formated data, wiped the data and cache partitions, flashed the Pixel Experience zip and set up the phone. It apparently configured the voice assistant during the setup process but when I went to the google settings it says the voice option is not available on my device. Changing the system language to English did not help, either. Is there anything I did wrong? Thanks.

No estoy muy seguro de lo que quieres decir con instalación limpia. Al estar en stock rom, formateé los datos, borré los datos y las particiones de caché, actualicé el zip de Pixel Experience y configuré el teléfono. Aparentemente, configuró el asistente de voz durante el proceso de configuración, pero cuando fui a la configuración de Google, dice que la opción de voz no está disponible en mi dispositivo. Cambiar el idioma del sistema a inglés tampoco ayudó. ¿Hay algo que hice mal? Gracias.
Greetings, the same thing happens to me with the google assistant.

Ryzen5950XT

Mar 16, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Greetings, the same thing happens to me with the google assistant.
hello because of reports, i reinstalled the rom to attempt to repro the issue. Google assistant still works for me just fine. Could you reach out to me on telegram please so i can get some longs from you and some screen records and stuff to attempt to find the issue? My telegram is https://t.me/Ryzen5950XT . @Wojtek1971 same for you please. Thanks.

Wojtek1971

May 14, 2022
hello because of reports, i reinstalled the rom to attempt to repro the issue. Google assistant still works for me just fine. Could you reach out to me on telegram please so i can get some longs from you and some screen records and stuff to attempt to find the issue? My telegram is https://t.me/Ryzen5950XT . @Wojtek1971 same for you please. Thanks.
Sure. I'll let you know after I've reinstalled PE. For now, I'm back on stock. Thanks a lot for taking so much care.

jahangirbsmrau

Feb 4, 2017
Gazipur
Very good rom indeed. Problems are: 1. Fingerprint not working;
2. No Gcam;
3. Google Play store is not certified.

Please try to add 90 fps support and fix the above problems.

ofeking06

Dec 4, 2020
I checked it out. It works with headphones and a car but I have a laptop and when I connect the phone for the sake of receiving calls on Bluetooth it doesn't work both outgoing and incoming calls.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW UPDATE!
    I recommend clean flash
    Code:
    -June security patch
    -Enabled freeform windows
    -Build SamsungDAP for dolby audio
    -Show download mode instead of bootloader in advanced restart menu
    -Re-enabled FM-Radio
    -Enabled night display/bluelight filter
    -Correctly detect phone variant and set props accordingly
    -Removed unused partitions from fstab
    -Fixed USB mode not being select-able
    -Enabled MAC randomization for WiFi
    -SeLinux enforcing
    -Use correct default network mode (4G)
    -Enabled adoptable storage to work with FBE
    -Set props from stock ROM to make Netflix select DRM L1
    -Fixed proximity sensor not working at all
    -Updated kernel to A525FXXS4BVA2
    -Enabled burn-in protection
    Thanks for the rom!!!! Works like a charm.
    I just flashed the zip with Orange fox recovery 1.1_2 and everything works well and no boot loops. Only before flash I wiped cache, system and data for a clean flash. After the rom I flashed the services disabled and everything went ok. Keep it up! Cheers.

Edit: There's a way to have the original camera ap from the stock rom in a custom rom? Thanks!
    Yep expected behaviour. If you flash services disabler, you lose encryption but can use ofox or twrp.

There is no way to keep stock camera app as far as i know, just use gcam.
    I cannot help but notice that the Latest LOS has encryption enabled - might Pixel Experience Plus encrytion work some day, or is there a general incompatibilty with the A52?

Thanks - I'm still on S7 with encryption disabled (LOS doesn't enabled it), but swore my next 3rd party enabled mobile phone should be encryped.
    Encryption is still buggy and doesnt work for everyone even on lineage os yet. I tested a build with it, and it was not booting pe, so I have not included it in this update, but I do plan to add encryption support.
    Sounds great, thanks.

When you add encryption (or when moving from LOS w/o encryption to LOS w/ encryption) by updating the OS, will the data partition be encryped in-place - i.e. will the encryption be seamless?
    It will be enabled by default, but clean install will be needed
    The inital post says encryption is A72 only - is A52 upcoming, and is encryption stable by now? Thanks!
    If u see clearly, a72 only is under bugs. I havent added to a72 build yet. It is a part of a52 and it is stable.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Supported variants!
    Both variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F and A525M and A725F and A725M) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device. A72 also has lower support as I do not own one.

Working
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • Display
    • Bluetooth
    • OMX
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • DT2W
    • 90Hz mode
    • USB C Audio
    • Proximity Sensor
    • Selinux Enforced
    • Encryption

Bugs
    COMMON

• Calls on second sim card
    A72 ONLY
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • Selinux Enforced
    • Encryption

Based on May 2022 update

Downloads

A52

A72

Report bugs on this thread

TODO

• Integrate gcam since the default camera sucks. For now ill upload apk and config you need below.

Installation instructions
    • Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
    • Make sure to use the special recovery linked under encrypting rom download. YOU WILL BOOTLOOP WITHOUT IT.
    • You can use twrp or orangefox only if you are going to flash services disabler.
    • If not done before, flash disabled VBMeta with Odin (originally posted here).
    • Backup all your necessary partitions before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
    • Format data and cache in PE Recovery in case you are coming from stock ROM.
    • Flash the Pixel Experience zip.
    • Optionally, if you don't want your data partition to be encrypted, download services disabler and flash it right after flashing the rom zip
    • Optionally, also flash Magisk v24 or newer right after
    • Reboot.

Credits
    To...
    • Me and Nico, for spending our time on this project
    • Simon1511 for his device trees and a ton of help while making the rom
    • Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
    • ShaDisNX255 for irritating me enough to speed up making the rom
    • geekmaster21 for orange fox
    Telegram group for discussions and questions.
    https://t.me/a525xx

Source code:
    https://github.com/Simon1511/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125
    In case you want to build another aosp based rom on your own, the aosp device trees are available here
    https://github.com/Ryzen5950XT/android_device_samsung_a52q_AOSP
    https://github.com/Ryzen5950XT/android_device_samsung_sm7125-common-AOSP
    PATCH NOTES
    V2.1 UPDATED TO ADD 90 HZ SUPPORT IN DISPLAY SETTINGS. JUST SET MINIMUM REFRESH RATE TO 90 USING THE DROP DOWN.

V2.2 ADDED PROXIMITY SENSOR SUPPORT

V3 Updated to May security patches, Updated audio hal and disabled DRC

JUNE UPDATE

Code:
    -June security patch
    -Enabled freeform windows
    -Build SamsungDAP for dolby audio
    -Show download mode instead of bootloader in advanced restart menu
    -Re-enabled FM-Radio
    -Enabled night display/bluelight filter
    -Correctly detect phone variant and set props accordingly
    -Removed unused partitions from fstab