Development [ROM][12.1][ENCRYPTION][EOL] LineageOS 19.1 for A52 4G and A72

Search This thread
Wow! Thanks a lot @Simon1511 !!! I'll test that in the weekend :)

The proximity sensor will be a life saver, especially during calls.

I have a dumb questions: as the device will be encrypted at first boot, do you recommend to do a fresh install, or is it safe enough to do a standard update? I don't mind doing the guinea pig here ^^
Yes, a fresh install (formatting data before first boot) is mandatory if you want to use encryption.

Hello, will the problem of screen blinking when using the push fingerprint scanner ever be fixed, especially noticeable in applications that use it for authorization?
Likely not, as Samsung's FOD HBM implementation doesn't work on AOSP.

xinouch

May 3, 2022
Just an input about the fingerprint sensor (but once again, I know nothing about it so it is pure speculations): I have the feeling that the samsung ROM increases the luminosity of the screen but only on the sensor part, in order to read the fingerprint.

I saw this solution in SO (which is a bit hacky as you increase the full screen luminosity but add a gray layer to hide it): https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ghtness-level-to-each-part-of-screen-activity

BTW, since you have all important features working now, are you still interested in making this build an official Lineage OS one, and if so how much trouble is it?

Reactions: Simon1511
Just an input about the fingerprint sensor (but once again, I know nothing about it so it is pure speculations): I have the feeling that the samsung ROM increases the luminosity of the screen but only on the sensor part, in order to read the fingerprint.

I saw this solution in SO (which is a bit hacky as you increase the full screen luminosity but add a gray layer to hide it): https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ghtness-level-to-each-part-of-screen-activity

BTW, since you have all important features working now, are you still interested in making this build an official Lineage OS one, and if so how much trouble is it?
Yes, official is still the goal. The only thing keeping me from official though is broken audio in calls with second SIM.

Also yes, on stock ROM Samsung light's up only the area around the fingerprint sensor, but I didn't get it to work on lineage (yet?).

xinouch

May 3, 2022
Hey! It seems latest NickGapps Canary are not working: it is messing with system_root so the device won't turn on after installation, and TWRP won't allow to do any further installation as it tries to backup some stuff before and fails with system_root...

Any idea how to easily get rid of this? I have formatted data and reinstalled TWRP with Odin but the issue is still here... Somehow the system_root folder and Gapps mess won't disappear.
Reflashing Stock ROM with Odin works but it takes ages...

Reactions: jahangirbsmrau

xinouch

May 3, 2022
So, I must do something wrong because it is impossible for me to boot in the new 19.1 version.

I did a full reinstallation, starting from freshly reinstalled Samsung Stock image. My steps:
- flash VBMeta + reboot to download
- flash TWRP + reboot to recovery
- format data + reboot to recovery
- wipe data + dalvik + cache
- install 19.1 + wipe dalvik

Here, the phone tries to start to system but fails for some reasons so it reboots to recovery. I haven't been able to make it work....

I have succesfully reinstalled last version with the same steps though, so I'm back on 19 :p

Reactions: jahangirbsmrau

jahangirbsmrau

Feb 4, 2017
Gazipur
So, I must do something wrong because it is impossible for me to boot in the new 19.1 version.

I did a full reinstallation, starting from freshly reinstalled Samsung Stock image. My steps:

Here, the phone tries to start to system but fails for some reasons so it reboots to recovery. I haven't been able to make it work....

I have succesfully reinstalled last version with the same steps though, so I'm back on 19 :p
Same things happened to me on my A72. I tried today several times but failed.

Same things happened to me on my A72. I tried today several times but failed.
You may have messed up the steps. You need to install lineage, install Gapps and then format data right before booting the first time.
Formatting data as the absolute last thing is mandatory, otherwise you will end up in a bootloop as you wrote above.

xinouch

May 3, 2022
In the morning the alarm does not ring, the phone does not wake up.

Lineageos 19.1 / Galaxy A52
This is strange, it works well for me...

Though, when I get called, my phone doesn't wake up neither. I succeeded to make it work at one point, but it doesn't work anymore... Can it be related?

EPTIOS

Jun 23, 2022
Hello, I loved this LineageOS ROM, however, I have a question. Is it possible to upgrade from May patch version 19.1 to future updates without losing phone files?
Sorry for the bad english, i'm using translator.

Hello, I loved this LineageOS ROM, however, I have a question. Is it possible to upgrade from May patch version 19.1 to future updates without losing phone files?
Sorry for the bad english, i'm using translator.
Yes, upgrading should work fine.
How to disable encryption?
Read the installation instructions in the initial post, the instructions to disable encryption are listed there.
And updates will come via OTA?
No, not as long as this ROM is unofficial.

Reactions: EPTIOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.1/12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Supported devices
    All variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F, A525F/DS, A525M, A525M/DS, A725F, A725F/DS, A725M and A725F/DS) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.

Working
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Hotspot
    • Calls
    • WifiDisplay
    • Bluetooth
    • OMX
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Screen-Off-FOD
    • Mobile data
    • GPS
    • DT2W

Bugs
    • VoLTE/VoWIFI (Samsung's implementation doesn't work on AOSP)
    • Audio output in VoIP calls is swapped (WhatsApp, Discord, etc)
    • On some bluetooth Watches/Earphones In-Call sound is played from the phone's speaker/earpiece

Installation instructions

Recommended
    Follow the guide on the LineageOS website: A52 4G | A72

Alternative way (TWRP/OrangeFox)
    1. Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
    2. If not done before, flash blank VBMeta with Odin in AP slot.
    3. Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP/OrangeFox installed.
    4. If wanted, backup all your necessary partitions (super, boot, data, EFS) before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
    5. Download the lineage build for your device from the link below and optionally download your preferred GApps package too.
    6. Flash the LineageOS zip using the "Install" button.
    7. Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
    8. Format data in TWRP/OrangeFox as the very last thing, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop if coming from stock ROM.
    9. Wipe metadata and cache partitions. This only has to be done once when you install LineageOS.
    10. Reboot

Downloads
    You can find them here on a mirror hosted by me.

Gapps (choose arm64 and 12.1/12L): MindTheGapps | OpenGapps canary | FlameGapps Canary | NikGapps Canary

Old builds: LineageOS 18.1

Passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity
    • Follow this guide.
    Support
    Donations
    They aren't necessary, but if you like my work feel free to send me or LineageOS a donation.

Credits
    To...
    • Me, for spending my time on this project
    • Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
    • @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
    • @TheLeo2307 for testing on his A72
    • @miamighost for testing on his A52
    • Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125
    Announcement!
    A52 4G and A72 are now officially supported by LineageOS!

From now on new builds will be released weekly on LineageOS' website. That means every week there will be new official builds for both devices.
    New builds for A52 4G will currently release on every Friday and for A72 on every Saturday.

What are the differences between the unofficial and the official versions?
    • The official versions will be updated frequently (every week) with the latest changes from LineageOS.
    • They have OTA-Update support built-in, which means you will be able to easily update to newer versions using the Updater found in Settings->System->Updater.
    • Also, as mentioned by @thatdevsherry and a few other people, hotspot accidentally went broken in the last unofficial build. This has been fixed on the official ones.
    • Macro (A52 and A72) and Tele (A72 only) cameras are now accessible by Gcam, which wasn't working before.
    How do I update to the official version?
    You should be able to just dirty flash the official build over the unofficial ones.

Apart from that, all device trees and the kernel can be found on github.com/LineageOS and review.lineageos.org. Feel free to contribute!

Downloads
    A52 4G: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org
    A72 4G: download.lineageos.org | wiki.lineageos.org
    Hey people, again thanks for waiting patiently and reporting bugs. Lineage 19.1 is now available with some more bugfixes and improvements!

Apart from that, SeLinux is now enforcing!

Also, this build has encryption enabled by default. That means that your data will be encrypted right on boot. If you don't want encryption to be enabled flash something like services disabler before first boot.
    If your phone keeps rebooting after flashing lineageOS 19.1 with encryption enabled make sure to format data in recovery instead of only wiping it.

Downloads: A52 | A72

Changelog:
    Code:
    -Updated to Lineage 19.1
    -May security patch
    -Enabled freeform windows
    -Build SamsungDAP for dolby audio
    -Fixed color calibration in livedisplay settings (Please note that not all display modes support color calibration)
    -Show download mode instead of bootloader in advanced restart menu
    -Re-enabled FM-Radio
    -Enabled night display/bluelight filter
    -Fixed audio with USB headphones/speakers/etc
    -Correctly detect phone variant and set props accordingly
    -Enabled encryption (FBE)
    -Removed unused partitions from fstab
    -Fixed USB mode not being select-able
    -Enabled MAC randomization for WiFi
    -SeLinux enforcing
    -Use correct default network mode (4G)
    -Enabled adoptable storage to work with FBE
    -Set props from stock ROM to make Netflix select DRM L1
    -Fixed proximity sensor not working at all
    -Updated kernel to A525FXXS4BVA2
    -Enabled burn-in protection
    Hey people, thanks for waiting patiently and reporting bugs. Lineage 19 is now available with a long list of bugfixes and improvements!

Before installing, make sure to be on OneUI 4 firmware and have OrangeFox or TWRP 3.6 or newer installed, otherwise you will end up in a bootloop.

Also, this build contains an unofficial implementation of monet. Feel free to give me feedback on this.

In addition the device trees are now available on my Github!

Downloads: A52 | A72

Changelog:
    Code:
    -Updated to Lineage 19.0
    -February security patch
    -Updated all blobs and configs to A525FXXS4BVA2 (Android 12)
    -Updated kernel to A525FXXU4BUL8 (Android 12)
    -Unified more blobs
    -Fixed screen rotation on A72
    -Switched to AOSP WifiDisplay implementation
    -Corrected status bar padding
    -Built more blobs from source
    -Switched to Clang r383902
    -Disabled APEX compression
    -Switched to UDFPS
    -Fixed FOD on AOD
    -Make FOD stay always on for working FOD on AOD
    -Increased the amount of time the screen lights up when touching the fingerprint sensor
    -Switched to stock health blobs
    -Overall cleanup
    -Enabled F2FS support for system partition
    -Switched to newer AIDL libperfmgr power HAL
    -Updated vibrator to AIDL to switch to manifest level 5 and match stock
    -Fixed audio in bluetooth phone calls on A52 (for somehow still broken on A72)
    -Imported APTX BT encoder from Pixel 5
    -Enabled unofficial monet implementation
    Update

13-01-2022: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Lineage recovery: A52 (MEGA) | A72 (MEGA)

Changelog
    Code:
    -Latest lineage sources with december security patch (january one wasn't released yet)
    -Updated blobs to A525FXXU4AUJ2
    -Added initial A72 support -- see more information below
    -Switched to OSS fingerprint HAL by @Grarak
    -Cleaned up unused config files
    -Built lineage recovery for both devices
    -Added missing overlay for the system to know that we have a notch
    -Built more blobs from source
    -Fixed A2DP offload and switched to AOSP bluetooth audio implementation
    -Correctly boost brightness when the fingerprint sensor is touched
    -Fixed fingerprint sensor not working when screen brightness is low
    -Corrected size and position of the fingerprint sensor (And yes, the sensor is REALLY that big)
    -Disabled screen off FOD for now since it doesn't work anyway
    -Limit fingerprints to max 4 per user
    -Temporary disabled FMRadio since it somehow broke with latest sources
    -Built QCOM audio effects from source

Some notes regarding A72 support
    Since I don't have an A72 here it was kinda hard to blindly support it. But first I wanna thank @madseason.live and Leo on Telegram for testing my builds on their A72's. Even though both of them did good testing, we didn't succeed in getting the fingerprint sensor to work. A72 uses a different sensor and driver than A52 does and without having the device here by myself it's hard to fix that without knowing what the actual issue is. It only works for setting up a fingerprint, but actually unlocking the phone with it doesn't work. Additionally, for somehow screen rotation is flipped by 90° which makes no sense at all since A52 and A72 use the same sensors except for fingerprint and camera. If someone has an idea or wants to contribute, feel free to contact me.