[Unofficial][ROM][7.1.1] Dedicated LineageOS builds for OnePlus 3T [project on hold]

Search This thread

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Nothing Phone 1
3EjEEit.png

Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices! You have been warned!

Extra Information

Builds are only compatible for the OnePlus3T (Not the original 3!)
These unofficial builds are based of my own device and vendor trees built specifically for the OnePlus3T.
I'm not a fan of unified builds (some things where just aesthetically unpleasing) so that's why I built its own trees off of the ones on LineageOS's GitHub!

Downloads

OnePlus3T LineageOS Download:
Google Drive

Device/Vendor/Kernel Source
Check it out on my GitHub!

Known Issues
(you tell me)

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial Dedicated LineageOS builds for OnePlus 3T, ROM for the OnePlus 3T

Contributors
King_lilrowrow, sultanxda, grarak
Source Code: http://GitHub.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: (OOS Nougat firmware shipped in builds)
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
Last Updated 2017-02-12

Julian_os

Nov 30, 2014
Frankfurt am Main
did you try the "back up your data, and restore it" in twrp trick?

Root shouldn't be any different. SuperUser 2.79
Wow, that worked :D. Thanks!

Sent from my OnePlus 3T (A3003) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Root has been removed by default, I can add it into the builds if enough people want it but its best to leave it as an option for now to allow better compatibility across applications.
Lineage states that there'd be a downloadable zip file, aside from the flag one can set before building the ROM. What about that?

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Nothing Phone 1
Wow, that worked :D. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Lineage states that there'd be a downloadable zip file, aside from the flag one can set before building the ROM. What about that?

If I was to add it I would just use "WITH_SU := true" as it makes things easier for the user, I guess we'll see how it goes for now.

TheFrozen4

Sep 3, 2012
Amsterdam
Great to see a much-stock-as-possible ROM.
Other ROM builds seem to have issues with the google camera and/or the front camera resolution. How is that on this ROM?

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
No, what I mean is whether there is a way for me now to add it manually. e.g. using that zip?

as i said. flash the superuser 2.79 zip. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0pr-ZA5b-1pVEtwTE1sRDNLeGs

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Root has been removed by default, I can add it into the builds if enough people want it but its best to leave it as an option for now to allow better compatibility across applications.

please add instructions in one of your posts on how to restore slider switch functionality.

to do so you go into twrp. back up data, and then restore data. it's weird, but it fixes it.

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Nothing Phone 1
Can someone explain the differences between unified and dedicated builds, the pros and cons, and whether one is better than the other?

Unified builds (3 and 3T) have the source needed to get both devices to work by cramming all the needed files into the same source tree (which is messy, hard to keep maintained and will probably cause problems in the long run)

Dedicated builds (3T) just has the source needed for the OnePlus 3T and has more optimisations that are specific to the OP3T (which means better performance, battery and a lot more positive affects)

riirezende

Nov 2, 2014
awesome see pure Lineage, testing here. keep going congratz

found issues on camera, when i shot many times using frontal camera, i fot a FC
ill catch de log and post

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3EjEEit.png

Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices! You have been warned!

Extra Information

Builds are only compatible for the OnePlus3T (Not the original 3!)
    These unofficial builds are based of my own device and vendor trees built specifically for the OnePlus3T.
    I'm not a fan of unified builds (some things where just aesthetically unpleasing) so that's why I built its own trees off of the ones on LineageOS's GitHub!

Downloads

OnePlus3T LineageOS Download:
    Google Drive

Device/Vendor/Kernel Source
    Check it out on my GitHub!

Known Issues
    (you tell me)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial Dedicated LineageOS builds for OnePlus 3T, ROM for the OnePlus 3T

Contributors
    King_lilrowrow, sultanxda, grarak
    Source Code: http://GitHub.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: (OOS Nougat firmware shipped in builds)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
    Last Updated 2017-02-12
    To get an overview, if there is any interrest at all, you can pm me.

I'm in UTC+1. When opening my mailbox this morning, I found my mailbox exploded. I can't answer every single email and want to apologize to everybodymI can't answer! Sorry, dudes!

Though I'm very thankful for each single request: Please stop mailing me! (if you could see my face at the moment, you would find signs of desperation... ;) ) This is my second rom. The first one was for chagallwifi, and what should I say: the user count of chagallwifi and oneplus3t [euphemistic] differ [/eupemistic]. I completely undeeestemated that.

In return I promise to setup a thread later today.

Thanxmfor your patience and understanding.
    Can someone explain the differences between unified and dedicated builds, the pros and cons, and whether one is better than the other?

Unified builds (3 and 3T) have the source needed to get both devices to work by cramming all the needed files into the same source tree (which is messy, hard to keep maintained and will probably cause problems in the long run)

Dedicated builds (3T) just has the source needed for the OnePlus 3T and has more optimisations that are specific to the OP3T (which means better performance, battery and a lot more positive affects)
    Perhaps you both can share your code and come with one better ROM. Perhaps when the code is good enough ask lineage to make it an official build for the oneplus 3t.
    I would really like a version which can be patched in the future using official ota of lineage....

...that's why I was thinking out load here... ;) (indeed I was waiting for this statement - hopefully OP shares our oppinion.)

@King_lilrowrow:

https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/tree/cm-14.1

feel free to use my UBERTC/linaro toolchains, they are automatically synced and rebuild each early Friday morning. llvm is the original qcom tar archive (most current version is 3.8.8; 3.8.7 and earlier breaks laos build) put in a repo for ease of use in source tree.

@HOME-builders:

Feel free to lurk and use 141-work branch. But be aware this is my working tree, I may not only test some broken stuff here, but I also reset, rebase or force sync 141-work without any notification. I'll try hard to keep cm-14.1 branch's history consistent.
    Sadly, Ididn't see this thread three days befor. I've done a dedicatwd build with native 3t blobs, dedicated device configuration, N kernel sources and optimized toolchains (linaro for keenel, qcom native snapdragon llvm for clang). On my build livedisplay and tethering (incl. 5GHz) is working like charme. If you mean by saruration the settings in livedisplay: it's working as well. I don't know if srgb is working correctly, switch is there, but the effect is marginal for my eyes - but I'm old... ;)

I also didn't see this post until yesterday. So I am running the build of @nvertigo since yesterday. It is a huge difference to @koenkk's build. Especially in battery life and battery charging 90% to 100% - which takes ages on unifed build. I would say, using the device feels WAY more fluent than koenkk's build, but that might be hallucination. I never had the feeling, koenkk's build was laggy or slow, but this build feels super smooth compared.

I yet have to try @King_lilrowrow's build, but since a few things are not working and I absolutely love my build, I wait a while and listen (to this threat).

Hopes:
    - Maybe @nvertigo and @King_lilrowrow can combine their work.
    - This project makes official Laos reconsider to not use a unified ROM.
    - We only use one way to write oneplus3t in ro.cm.device for stats.lineageos.org - right now, there are three 3t devices.