[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][9.0] crDroid 5.11 for the A5/A7 2017

Search This thread

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Maybe when I finally fix the bugs this ROM has.

I will try to figure out what makes the camera so laggy when taking a pic when I have enough time again
Just make Footej the default. It's pretty flawless for me but I'm not a heavy user of camera.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Hello Simon, does the Always on Display work properly? On LineageOS, the brightness is much too low.

It's pretty much the same as LOS. Doesn't bother me, but there is an app from the Play Store that works amazingly well...Always On Edge. Just disable the default display and install AOE. Done

Reactions: Simon1511

Alchajmer

Aug 17, 2019
Guys, is this rom stable,fast enough for daily use? Wifi, 3G, 4G, camera, ram, gps, sound?I'm interested to your opinion from everyday use,not bugs from LOS.Tried Hades rom, its good, fast until i installed f.b, instagram, wp..Then it slowed down drastically.

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Guys, is this rom stable,fast enough for daily use? Wifi, 3G, 4G, camera, ram, gps, sound?I'm interested to your opinion from everyday use,not bugs from LOS.Tried Hades rom, its good, fast until i installed f.b, instagram, wp..Then it slowed down drastically.

Been using this since it was released.

Bugs are present and are the same as LOS - that will always be the case as the ROM is based on LineageOS.

I use Footej camera instead of stock because the stock camera crops photos and will not save to SD card.

Some micro lags when scrolling but this is a LOS bug.

Last edited:
Update

I uploaded a new build to Androidfilehost, build on Friday, September 13th:D

Changelog:
Code:
-September security patch
-Inital A7 2017 support
-NFC now working properly (at least it did when I tested it)
-Latest Lineage and crDroid sources
-Latest device specific sources (updated GPU driver, wifi MAC fix,...)

Bugs:
Code:
-Same as LineageOS

Download:

A5 2017
A7 2017

NOTE
I do not own an A7 2017 so this first build may have bugs Im not aware of so please give feedback about its performance!

Last edited:
I'll try the update. One issue I noticed on the previous version was that anytime I tried to play any youtube/spotify/music player etc. from my speakers, it would randomly just cut out and not play audio anymore. Opening another app the sound returns but then cuts out again after a while (seems to be hit or miss on games).. Might just be my phone, but this is the first rom that's ever happened on. Headphones work completely fine. Short of that, great rom!

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Update

I uploaded a new build to Androidfilehost, build on September 13th:D

Changelog:

Bugs:

Download:

A5 2017
A7 2017

NOTE
I do not own an A7 2017 so this first build may have bugs Im not aware of so please give feedback about its performance!

Those micro lags have gone.

Ever closer to perfection with crDroid.

Loving it

Abhishekajoy

Aug 15, 2017
Kochi
On the latest build i am having trouble connecting with hotspot.
It reboots when i toggle hotspot from quick settings and after rebooting it works.
Anyone having the same issue?

On the latest build i am having trouble connecting with hotspot.
It reboots when i toggle hotspot from quick settings and after rebooting it works.
Anyone having the same issue?
Cant seem to reproduce this but you should try out a clean flash of the ROM.

I also noticed a bug related to hotspot.
On my device, devices that are connected to the hotspot dont have internet access. May be a bug that only occours on my device. Will try to fix this with the next build.

On my device, devices that are connected to the hotspot dont have internet access. May be a bug that only occours on my device. Will try to fix this with the next build.
I will test hotspot when I get home.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

I tested and internet is working on connected devices for me.

moozer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2014
North West England
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Yes, but i dirty flashed the new build over the old one, could that be the issue?

Could be. But, I dirty flashed and it's perfect for me

Best thing to do is a clean flash but first...use Migrate to save all your important stuff. Your data can then be reflashed later when you clean flash your new ROM and GAPPS

Test and report back

Any questions before you do this, please post and we'll help.

Reactions: Abhishekajoy

Abhishekajoy

Aug 15, 2017
Kochi
Could be. But, I dirty flashed and it's perfect for me

Best thing to do is a clean flash but first...use Migrate to save all your important stuff. Your data can then be reflashed later when you clean flash your new ROM and GAPPS

Test and report back

Any questions before you do this, please post and we'll help.

Clean flashed the rom.
It is working without any issues now.
Never knew Migrate worked flawlessly with CrDroid.Thank You!

bartje885

Dec 5, 2008
I've tried this ROM since yesterday, battery life is very good. Question though, I couldn't get Android Auto to work. My Volkswagen Polo says that the connection has been cancelled. Any idea's? On the LineageOS Nightly from the day before yesterday it worked without any problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid 5.11 for the Galaxy A5/A7 2017

LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.

crDroid uses LineageOS as base. We try to keep in sync with LineageOS source while also adding lots of customizations for you to choose from.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

Im not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device but I will be here to help.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo and crDroid Github repo.

Working
    • Wifi
    • Mobile Data
    • Hotspot
    • Bluetooth
    • Audio
    • Ambient Display
    • Double tap to wake
    • Tap to sleep
    • Fingerprint (nach reboot)
    • Hardware Composer
    • Microphone
    • Vibration
    • GPS
    • Camera

Bugs
    • Same as LineageOS

Supported variants
    • All variants of Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.

How to install
    1. Make sure you have the latest Oreo firmware bootloader and modem before installing this ROM.
    2. Make sure you are using the latest official TWRP version.
    3. Download the ROMs zip
    4. In TWRP wipe system, data and cache
    5. Flash the ROM.
    6. Reboot

Downloads

Gapps: opengapps.org

Credits

@Option58 for the work on the Lineage sources for our device
    LineageOS Team
    crDroid Team

Sources:
    Device and kernel sources are available at the Lineage github

Vendor sources are available at TheMuppets github

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][9.0] crDroid 5.11 for the A5/A7 2017

Contributors
    Simon1511
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-08-17
    Last Updated 2019-09-15
    Update

I uploaded a new build to Androidfilehost, build on Friday, September 13th:D

Changelog:
    Code:
    -September security patch
    -Inital A7 2017 support
    -NFC now working properly (at least it did when I tested it)
    -Latest Lineage and crDroid sources
    -Latest device specific sources (updated GPU driver, wifi MAC fix,...)

Bugs:
    Code:
    -Same as LineageOS

Download:

A5 2017
    A7 2017

NOTE
    Update

A5: https://drive.google.com/file/d/197AuXv5rG1ovR8H-MTIUGP4EK5IEWabx/view?usp=drivesdk

A7: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fLlxzHZJMCEP4UOMFCATltrwB0WLJ-LD/view?usp=drivesdk

Changelog:
    -December security patch
    -Latest sources

Please note that these builds are from beginning of january and still have the december patch. Also, crDroid updated their launcher and after installing, your homescreen icons and widgets will be reset.
    Sorry for the lack of support for this ROM.
    Have been busy with some real-life stuff in the last weeks.
    Will continue with new builds in the next weeks.