LineageOS 17.x Unofficial for Galaxy A3 2017
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Quack), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
/* * Your warranty is now void. Or not. Depends. * It's probably expired anyways :D * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.
- Mobile data
- Camera (both photos and video)
- Others I have forgot
What isn't working?
Echo present in calls for the other side (no fix currently found) Video recording with stock camera (fix known, will be implemented in next build)
- Encryption and extended storage via SD (possible to fix, didn't have time to debug yet)
- Stretched preview in camera, photos are fine (fix has more downsides than upsides)
Galaxy A3 (2017). Dual SIM is also supported.
All variants should be working but only A320FL is well tested since all developers have it.
How to install
- Make sure you have latest bootloader and modem before installing this.
- Make sure you are using the latest OrangeFox build. (the older ones will fail)
- Make sure you have flashed the repartition script.
- Download the Lineage build, optionally GApps and Magisk.
- In OrangeFox format data. (Menu > Manage Partitions > Data > Format Data)
- In OrangeFox wipe everything except SD and OTG.
- Flash LineageOS.
- Optional: Flash GApps (rightafter).
- Optional: Flash Magisk.
Generally it's ok to dirty flash, but if you encounter issues a clean flash should be the first thing on your mind.
OpenGApps (arm64): OpenGApps
BiTGApps (arm64): AFH
Huge thanks to:
- @Astrako for all the hours spent on the device tree/kernel/vendor/hardware and making this possible.
- @McFy for help along the way and letting me use his server as a mirror.
- LineageOS Team
- Anybody that reported bugs or helped test various stuff, without every one of you Android 10 would never get so stable here
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][A320FL/F/Y] LineageOS 17.x [10.0][64 BIT][Treble], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest modem + BL recommended
Last Updated 2020-08-26