[UNOFFICIAL][ROM]ALPHA LineageOS 19.1 for SM-T810 - Mar 18, 2024

Search This thread

TabWrecked

Nov 10, 2022
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to use logcat properly on android without adb as I'm not a programmer, here's what I did:
-Installed Termux from f-droid and installed logcat on it.
-Gave Termux writing permissions and typed logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
-Pressed pair button on bt mouse > bt restarted even without pairing > clicked on pair when it appered > bt restarted again without pairing
-Pressed Ctrl+C in termux to stop logcat (what's the proper way?)
I didn't know which level of filter to log so I left at default, sorry for the spaghetti.
EDIT: The log was useless without root permissions so I deleted it, new log coming in a new post.

Last edited:

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to use logcat properly on android without adb as I'm not a programmer, here's what I did:
-Installed Termux from f-droid and installed logcat on it.
-Gave Termux writing permissions and typed logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
-Pressed pair button on bt mouse > bt restarted even without pairing > clicked on pair when it appered > bt restarted again without pairing
-Pressed Ctrl+C in termux to stop logcat (what's the proper way?)
I didn't know which level of filter to log so I left at default, sorry for the spaghetti.
Good luck with it.

About taking logcats without using adb: there are Android apps that read and save Android logs. One example is LogCat Reader. I haven't used it myself, but it sounds like it'd do the job well.

The default logcat output should be fine - and control-C is the only way I know of to quit the logcat command when you're running it in a terminal app or via adb.

Reactions: TabWrecked

TabWrecked

Nov 10, 2022
Thank you Ipedia for your suggestions, I got the LogCat Reader and it immediately asked for root permissions so I went ahead and got Magisk installed.
edit: log was removed because it wasn't useful

Last edited:

TabWrecked

Nov 10, 2022
Regarding the bluetooth pairing, there's one possibility that I thought of, after I hit post button, and it maybe SELinux related? The rules for it might need to be modified to allow more bluetooth functionality.

With the Oct or Nov build, it really doesn't matter, try this.

Bash:
# connect device to PC, make sure adb debugging is enabled
adb root
adb shell
# temporarily turn off SELinux enforcing
setenforce 0
# Verify it's permissive mode by getenforce
getenforce
# now try all your various bluetooth device pairing that didn't work
# if they work now, let me know and I will send further instructions for you to gather the correct logs.
# if they don't pair, then it's NOT SELinux related.
# reboot OS once you are done
Is there a way to temporarily turn off SELinux on my rooted tablet without a PC?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Is there a way to temporarily turn off SELinux on my rooted tablet without a PC?

adb root is switching the adbd service on the device to root mode, and adb shell is invoking the device's own shell and running the shell as root, having switched adbd to root mode.

The same can be achieved on the device itself with Termux, as long as the device has been rooted and Termux can therefore run as root.

Run Termux, make sure it's in root mode (# prompt - run su if necessary), and execute the setenforce and getenforce commands. Use this approach wherever instructions begin with adb root and adb shell. 🙂

TL;DR: For those with a PC, adb can provide root access to the device without having to actually root it. LOS (and Android generally) has an adbd service that runs on startup if "USB debugging" has been enabled in Settings > System > Developer options > Debugging. adb on the PC can tell adbd on the device to switch to root mode if "Rooted debugging" is enabled in the same Developer options section. From then until next boot, adb commands will run as root on the device.

But adbd running as root does not authorise apps like Termux to switch to root. You need a rooted device for that.

IvkovicD

Nov 5, 2003
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
Hi all, got focus on this T810 version last Friday and applied it alreay to my device. Most stuff is runnign well, except some Bluetooth issues.
I cannot pair a specific bluetooth keyboard to it (see also some other BT topics in this thread before) ,. Keyboard worked in old Android V10 version with T810 before - also a custom rom.

I can pair another two bluetooth keyboars ("lofree, 1percent" and "1byone") and a cheap bluetooth mouse. But my main keyboard simply does not pair. It Is a "Doraby Wireless keyboard "- say simply "a nameless one", but it works very good). Anyway, I have fetched some logs from pairing process. It looks like the bluetooth stack process dies with a FATAL after initially having found new device successfully, and when I press "approve for pairing", it is gone showing a disabled bluetooh (obviously).

Maybe the log file helps hereby. As keyboard is workig well with a Samsung Galaxy S9 Android V12.1, the V10 before on the TAB S2 and with Windows 10, and I can pair other two bluetooth keyboards, I simply must assume, that sth weird at the bluetooth stack between both devices (T810 and keyboard) got the stack dying.

Hope, logs help to analyze issue.

Regards & Thanks,
Dejan

IvkovicD

Nov 5, 2003
Germany
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
adb root is switching the adbd service on the device to root mode, and adb shell is invoking the device's own shell and running the shell as root, having switched adbd to root mode.

The same can be achieved on the device itself with Termux, as long as the device has been rooted and Termux can therefore run as root.

Run Termux, make sure it's in root mode (# prompt - run su if necessary), and execute the setenforce and getenforce commands. Use this approach wherever instructions begin with adb root and adb shell. 🙂

TL;DR: For those with a PC, adb can provide root access to the device without having to actually root it. LOS (and Android generally) has an adbd service that runs on startup if "USB debugging" has been enabled in Settings > System > Developer options > Debugging. adb on the PC can tell adbd on the device to switch to root mode if "Rooted debugging" is enabled in the same Developer options section. From then until next boot, adb commands will run as root on the device.

But adbd running as root does not authorise apps like Termux to switch to root. You need a rooted device for that.
won't help with BT issue, I did the test already with switched off SELinux....

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
yes, u're right. somehow it got lost...
Let's try a permissive kernel first. This will disable SELinux at boot. While setenforce 0 does disable SELinux, it does it after the OS is booted. This might make a difference with some bluetooth devices?

1. download boot-permissive.img onto T810

Bash:
$ sha256sum boot-permissive.img 
00f5beda2da7f906388766c0365a93d186dc197d95b93af23552bb383ec85814  boot-permissive.img

2. boot into TWRP
3. click install
4. touch install image
5. choose boot-permissive.img (from where ever you downloaded it to)
6. select boot (when prompted for select partition to flash image)
7. swipe to confirm flash
8. reboot system
9. after OS boots, choose settings, privacy, trust and verify that SELinux is disabled.
10. Now retry pairing the problematic devices (take adb logcat at same time)

Attachments

• boot-permissive.img
    6.4 MB · Views: 8

TabWrecked

Nov 10, 2022
Let's try a permissive kernel first. This will disable SELinux at boot. While setenforce 0 does disable SELinux, it does it after the OS is booted. This might make a difference with some bluetooth devices?

1. download boot-permissive.img onto T810

Bash:
$ sha256sum boot-permissive.img
00f5beda2da7f906388766c0365a93d186dc197d95b93af23552bb383ec85814  boot-permissive.img

2. boot into TWRP
3. click install
4. touch install image
5. choose boot-permissive.img (from where ever you downloaded it to)
6. select boot (when prompted for select partition to flash image)
7. swipe to confirm flash
8. reboot system
9. after OS boots, choose settings, privacy, trust and verify that SELinux is disabled.
10. Now retry pairing the problematic devices (take adb logcat at same time)
Confirmed it disabled SELinux, however the bluetooth connection to certain devices (like the mouse i have) still crashes the bluetooth (disables and re-enables bluetooth upon failing to recognize or pair the device).
Unfortunately I have to give up for now and try some older versions, good luck with the progress.

TabWrecked

Nov 10, 2022
I just tested both of the LineageOS 18.1 (alpha by ripee and beta by retiretab). Bluetooth mouse connects properly on both of these. Perhaps you could find some leads by comparing them.

Sorry if it's unrelated but, while trying to log and disable selinux I had to root my device using magisk in my previous install. However I don't want root or any addons anymore. Do I need to perform any extra operation to unroot my device or wiping/formatting before installing LineageOS 18.1 already cleaned everything?

Thank you retiretab and Ipedia for your time and efforts.

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Sorry if it's unrelated but, while trying to log and disable selinux I had to root my device using magisk in my previous install. However I don't want root or any addons anymore. Do I need to perform any extra operation to unroot my device or wiping/formatting before installing LineageOS 18.1 already cleaned everything?

Clean flashing any ROM (including Format Data) will have removed Magisk and any other addons - so no, you shouldn't need to do anything else to get yourself a nice clean unmodified ROM. 🙂

Reactions: halloarno

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
New build called lineage-19.1-20221209-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.zip

NOTE: All builds that I upload have been personally tested on my device to boot and function as described in post #1. Having said that, there's still a chance it won't work on your device due to human error, your configuration, your apps, etc. If it won't boot, always start with a complete wipe of everything and format your data in TWRP. This is known has a clean install. Backup your data before a clean install.

19.1 has been my daily driver since July 2022.

Dec 9 , 2022 release notes
1. YOU MUST read posts 1-4 if you haven't already.

2. Dec 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-12
3. Whatever LineageOS changed since Nov 5th patches (about 6,100 files had to be recompiled).

cndv

Mar 29, 2015
Hi

I don't know if anyone has written about this but this system overwrites twrp (I install twrp then of course enter it and it works but when I turn the tablet off and on twrp is missing /I tried several versions but the same thing /on 18.1 there was no such problem)
the tablet is tab s2 810

Hi

I don't know if anyone has written about this but this system overwrites twrp (I install twrp then of course enter it and it works but when I turn the tablet off and on twrp is missing /I tried several versions but the same thing /on 18.1 there was no such problem)
the tablet is tab s2 810
sorry but I strongly disagree.
My TWRP 3.7.0-9_0 stayed like it was before.
you probably have activated "update recovery when updating system".

cndv

Mar 29, 2015
sorry but I strongly disagree.
My TWRP 3.7.0-9_0 stayed like it was before.
you probably have activated "update recovery when updating system".
I installed 19.1 a month ago/ yesterday i updated and when i tried to update i just noticed there was no twrp installed so i updated it from system 19.1 by pressing side keys because unfortunately touch can't do it, something is not calibrated properly / after that update i uploaded twrp and opened it before booting and clicked restart recovery and then reopened twrp next step was to restart system in twrp and then from system i clicked restart recovery but unfortunately twrp is missing (few versions of twrp i checked and always the same / i didn't upload system but only twrp so i couldn't click system recovery when installing 19.1)

I'll try again next week to reformat everything and install twrp then upload 19.1

But I don't think it will help (it's like 19.1 has a security feature that won't let you delete the original recovery)

Unless is a switch recovery block in the system developer options But I haven't seen anything like that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL for 2015 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 ONLY​

Model: SM-T810 (wifi) - gts210wifi - 9.7" screen, Exynos 5433 SoC, no LTE
    This is the ONLY model that the ROM will work on.

There is NO ROM for the T715 or T815 in this thread. Questions about T715 or T815 will be completely IGNORED.

You MUST READ posts 1-4 (about 10 minute read) before deciding to install this rom. If you think this is an unreasonable request, then stop reading now and find another rom. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER

I am not responsible for lost data, identity theft, lost money, security vulnerabilities, bricked devices or any other hardware or software malfunctions that comes as a result of flashing this rom.

All involved in bringing this build to you are working voluntarily on it in very limited spare time, and their other life commitments have much higher priority. Don't expect a prompt, or even any, response to questions and bug reports.

Before attempting to install this ROM

1. Ask yourself: would bricking your device be a disaster for you? If yes, don't try this ROM! It can't be guaranteed stable and reliable enough to depend on for daily use.
    2. BACKUP YOUR DATA AND EXISTING ROM. Be prepared for a complete restore if anything goes wrong.
    3. RESEARCH adb, fastboot, Odin/heimdall, and TWRP and how to use them, if not already familiar with these.

What works

1. bluetooth
    2. wifi
    3. brightness
    4. external audio
    5. GPS
    6. audio through headphone jack
    7. audio over bluetooth
    8. selinux enforcing
    9. DRM level 3 (SD definition)
    10. deep sleep
    11. camera
    12. Disk encryption (FDE). See post 123 for details as provided by xda user codiflow. Note: I don't use this feature and I won't be testing FDE when uploading the monthly builds.

https://xdaforums.com/t/unofficial-...810-sept-16-2023.4480033/page-7#post-89003457

What doesn't work

1. fingerprint is completely removed in 19.1. When I tested it in March 2022, it wasn't compatible with keystore2 and as I wrote in post 1891 at

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...t810-t815-t815y.3879302/page-95#post-85533725

it never worked properly after deep sleep. If you need fingerpint to work, stay with stock Samsung rom.

2. DRM level 1 (no HD definition). There's more detail in post 1891 above. I will not be trying to achieve level 1 for HD definition. If you need HD definition for your $treaming media, stay with stock Samsung rom.

3. workaround to disable scoped storage. In 18.1 there was a workaround to disable scoped storage, but that no longer works in 19.1. So if you have a lot of apps or data on an external microsd, the performance may be severely degraded.

4. If you charge the device while it's powered off and then want to power it on, you MUST wait at least 30 seconds AFTER disconnecting the charger cable before pressing the power button otherwise you might run into strange boot problems.

5. keyboard bug workaround. When prompted to enter something like a Bluetooth pin or text based password, sometimes the keyboard is not shown on the screen or off screen. The workaround is to goto settings, system, languages & input, on-screen keyboard, Android Keyboard (AOSP), appearance & layout, theme and choose "Material - follow system settings".

This keyboard bug is a LineageOS bug as per

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_inputmethods_LatinIME/+/325438

6. If you are repeatedly seeing “Connected to device. Can’t provide internet” (CPI), it's mandatory that you do a complete clean install including formatting data in TWRP and reinstalling all your apps. It's highly likely that CPI is because you did a dirty flash or one or more of your apps/configuration is messed up.

7. Possibly other features that I haven't tested or do not use.

Source Code

See FAQ 1 for links in post #2.

Thanks

1. LineageOS team for source code.

2. In alphabetical order.

@ananjaser1211
    - helping out with libGLES_mali problem when I couldn't figure out why T810, for 3 months, wasn't booting with graphics
    - answering more 5433 related questions wrt to certain features.

@bluess57
    - joining the team and helping fix some of the legacy code problems
    - pending code commits to come in the future

@bmwdroid
    - testing many pre ALPHA builds and reporting the results

@CuckooPenguin
    - testing many pre ALPHA builds and reporting the results, but sadly his T810 was killed by a cat (true story)

exynos5420 team
    - making suggestions regarding radare2 debugger/code analyzer when I couldn't figure out why T810, for 3 months, wasn't booting with graphics

Kyle Harrison
    - giving me a clue on how to fix the binder/keystore2 problem with msm8916 which ultimately led me to fix the same problem on the exynos5433 devices
    - sharing his code on his github repos where I could study his commits to help bring up 19.1
    - making code commits on LineageOS wrt to legacy devices like ours
    - sharing the repopicks necessary to bringup 19.1

@lpedia
    - testing many pre ALPHA T710 builds starting in April 2022 and reporting the results
    - verifying my build instructions work so that the technically inclined can build this from source
    - building, maintaining and most importantly, testing the T710 18.1 builds before monthly security patches release

@metterschling
    - reaching out and joining our group to help with code and fix problems
    - pending code commits to come in the future

@pflyaz
    - writing install instructions for the newbies

@simon-edwards
    - reaching out and joining our group to help with code and fix problems

@tarkzim
    - helping me fix the gpsd crash problem because I was missing the libutils library in my Android.bp file
    - sharing his code on his github repos where I could study his commits to help bring up 19.1 especially wrt to hal audio 2.0 and camera 1.0

@Yogi555
    - building, maintaining and most importantly, testing the T810 18.1 builds before monthly security patches release

As you can see, it's truly a team worldwide effort in getting this ALPHA 19.1 build out.
    New build called lineage-19.1-20230609-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.zip

NOTE: All builds that I upload have been personally tested on my device to boot and function as described in post #1. Having said that, there's still a chance it won't work on your device due to human error, your configuration, your apps, etc. If it won't boot, always start with a complete wipe of everything and format your data in TWRP. This is known has a clean install. Backup your data before a clean install.

June 9 , 2023 release notes
    1. June 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-06
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since May 5th patches (about 13,100 files had to be recompiled).
    Frequently Asked Questions. You MUST READ this before posting any questions. Thank you.

QuestionAnswer
    Q1. Can I build this ROM for myself? Where are the source and kernel source files?A1. Yes, you can. The source files are listed below.

Kernel
    https://github.com/retiredtab/android_kernel_samsung_universal5433-selinux

Device Tree
    https://github.com/retiredtab/android_device_samsung_gts2-common-selinux
    https://github.com/retiredtab/android_device_samsung_gts210wifi

Vendor
    https://github.com/retiredtab/proprietary_vendor_samsung-selinux

The build manifest and instructions on how to compile from source are at

https://github.com/retiredtab/LineageOS-build-manifests

The other patch required for tcp/ip is at https://github.com/DerpFest-11/pack...mmit/22fd53a977eeaf4e36be7bf6358ecf2c2737fa5e
    Q2. Is this ROM suitable as a daily driver?A2. It might be, depending on your requirements. You would need to try it yourself, with your preferred apps, to see if suits your purposes. I've been using it myself since July 1, 2022 with no major issues.
    Q3. What do I do if my app xyz doesn't work?A3. I can't help diagnose problems with random apps I know nothing about. If the app is critically important to you and it doesn't work on this ROM, go back to a ROM where it did work.
    Q4. Why is this ROM laggy and/or buggy?A4. The device will be noticeably slower if you're using any Gapps package. Consider going gapps-free. A lot of apps will work without Google's services, or there exist alternatives that will. Check out F-Droid, Aurora Store, NewPipe, etc.
    Q5. What TWRP should I use?A5. You MUST use TWRP 3.6.2_9. Get it from

https://dl.twrp.me/gts210wifi/
    Q6. Why should I use this ROM?A6. You don't have to! If you don't like it, go back to your old ROM.
    Q7. Will you offer monthly updates with security patches?A7. We plan to do so. We will try to update the ROM with the monthly security patches after LineageOS has released them, free time permitting. Each monthly build will be tested to make sure all the "What works" functionality listed in post #1 still works, before it's made available (which might in some cases delay the release).
    Q8. I'm a newbie. Can you provide step by step instructions?A8. We simply don't have the time to do this, but there are lots of tutorials, videos, etc online showing how to flash custom ROMs and how to deal with common problems. Newbie questions are also accepted in the XDA General Questions and Answers forum.

Having said that pflyaz has kindly provided instructions in post #7.
    Q9. Can I report a bug with respect to the ROM?A9. Yes, but you need to supply the following information. If you don't, I won't look at it.

Provide an adb logcat of the problem, and if possible describe how to reproduce it. Note that I can't help if it involves downloading any app I don't already use that requires payment or creating a userid/password.

To get a logcat, open a terminal window on your PC, connect your device to it via USB, and do this:

Bash:
    # clear the logcat first
    adb logcat -c
    # start logcat trace
    adb logcat > problem.txt
    # reproduce problem
    # wait until problem has occurred,
    # then stop trace by hitting ctrl-c then zip the problem.txt file
    # before uploading it.
    Q10. How long will you build 19.1 for this device?A10. For now, 19.1 will be built for all of 2022. After that, we will make a decision depending on a number of factors.
    Q11. Do I need to erase everything and format my data before installing this ROM for the first time?A11. If you're coming from stock Samsung Android, or an earlier version of LineageOS, or a different custom ROM, you MUST 'clean flash': boot to TWRP recovery, wipe system, data, dalvik/art cache, and cache partitions, then Format Data, then install this ROM.

If you don't do this you're likely to run into problems, such as getting stuck at the boot animation for more than 5 minutes.
    Q12. What Gapps should I use?A12. Your choice! There are several well-known Gapps packages, such as NikGapps, BiTGapps, OpenGapps, and MindTheGapps. Do your own research as to what is the most reliable gapps option for you. As a courtesy to gapps users, I opened a thread at

https://xdaforums.com/t/exynos5433-...on-for-19-1-roms-sm-t710-and-sm-t810.4480041/

for you to discuss gapps. Do not discuss gapps in this thread. Thank you.

You could also consider Google alternatives, such as Aurora Store, which mirrors the Google Play Store apps but doesn't need any Google services itself. Many Play Store apps do not actually depend on Google services.

If you are going to install any Gapps package, follow the installation instructions given for that particular package.
    Q13. I'm having problems with Gapps. Can you tell me why it's not working?A13. I can't answer any questions about Gapps, because I don't use them. Ask your questions on the XDA thread for the Gapps package you're using.
    Q14. Why isn't my post answered?A14. There are several possible reasons: the question is answered in the FAQ (in which case it will be ignored completely); or it involves apps or operating systems that I don't use; or it's about Gapps, which I don't use; or I simply have not had time to answer any questions.
    Q15. What speed up/optimization tips do you suggest?A15. These steps can make a big difference to performance:
    • Turn off animations. Go to Settings > System > Developer options, scroll down to the Drawing section, and set Window, Transition and Animator scale all to "Animation off".
    • Don't install Gapps unless you depend on something that only Google is providing. Use Aurora Store to get your preferred Play Store apps - they will all be available on Aurora Store. You can choose to access this anonymously or use a Google account.
    • Don't run more than two apps at the same time. You can probably listen to music in the background and use a web browser at the same time.
    • Use a web browser with built-in adblock and privacy features, such as Brave.
    • Use NewPipe to watch your streaming content. It has built in adblock so you don't have to watch forced ads.
    • Look for apps that are open source, ad-free and lightweight.
    Q16. Does this ROM support Magisk so I can root my device?A16. Magisk works with this ROM as reported by beta testsers, but that could change with any revision and changes by Google. However I don't use it myself and can't help with any related issues. Direct any questions about Magisk to the XDA Magisk forum.
    Q17. Will this ROM ever become official?A17. With 19.1, legacy devices like ours will NEVER be official due to lack of ebpf support. See https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/
    Q18. What is the difference between this ROM and others?A18. This ROM tries to be pure LineageOS with little or no modification. Other ROMs may come with a different UI, different bundled apps, etc.
    Q19. Will there be any major 19.1 code modifications in the future?A19. There may be some major modifications along with some slight tweaking to the SEpolicy, small bug fixes and minor code cleanup, but all the hard work - getting the rom up and running, and fixing all the major bugs - has been done.
    Q20. Why did you fork the trees?A20. I wanted my own private branch where I could make changes that would only affect my own personal builds.
    Q21. Can you build a variant of this device? For example, a LTE or S-pen version?A21. I cannot and will not try to build for a variant device if I don't physically have that device. I have to be able to boot and test it myself, and there's no guarantee that I can get those variant features working.
    Q22. Can I load this ROM on a variant device like LTE or S-pen version?A22. This ROM is for the device explicitly listed and will only work on that device. Do not try to install it on any other device.

ONLY if you are an advanced user and understand TWRP, adb, odin, heimdall, etc, you could try loading it on a LTE or S-pen variant by modifying the updater-script, but be warned: there are likely to be problems, including a bricked device, bootloops, or the ROM not being able to support the functionality of LTE/S-pen.
    Q23. Does this ROM have any wifi connection issues?A23. This ROM's wifi has been stable on the specified device ever since lpedia and I determined the root cause of the wifi problems back in July 2021 and re-installed the original S2 network 'blobs' with LOS 17.1.
    Q24. Is this ROM secure so I can do financial transactions?A24. Although Android monthly security patches do improve general security, this ROM's outdated kernel and old proprietary vendor blobs/drivers will NEVER get updates of any kind, and could have significant security holes.

In addition, although the ROM is SElinux enforcing, there's a good chance that the rules written (about 800+ lines of code) have some errors.

If the device is rooted, this would further weaken the security.

With this information, it's up to you to make an informed decision about whether you trust this ROM to be secure enough for your financial transactions.
    Q25. How do I turn off the taskbar at the bottom of the screen?A25. Goto settings, system, buttons and disable taskbar.
    Q26. Okay, I understand the consequences and willing to take the risks outlined, now where can I find the ALPHA rom?A26. Downloads are at https://sourceforge.net/projects/retiredtab/files/SM-T810/19.1/

Mar 18 , 2024 release notes
    1. Mar 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2024-03
    2. The built in files, camera and music apps crash unless SElinux policy is updated. This is precisely WHY each build is tested before being uploaded. See

https://github.com/retiredtab/andro...mmit/519a249a5fd8105817fbc033b78fa10a82304acb

Feb 16 , 2024 release notes
    1. Feb 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2024-02

Jan 19 , 2024 release notes
    1. Jan 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2024-01

Dec 16 , 2023 release notes
    1. Dec 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-12

Nov 18 , 2023 release notes
    1. Nov 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-11

Oct 10 , 2023 release notes
    1. Oct 6 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-10

Sept 16 , 2023 release notes
    1. Sept 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-09

Aug 14 , 2023 release notes
    1. Aug 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-08

July 11 , 2023 release notes
    1. July 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-07
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since June 5th patches (about 5,800 files had to be recompiled).

June 9 , 2023 release notes
    1. June 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-06
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since May 5th patches (about 13,100 files had to be recompiled).

May 6 , 2023 release notes
    1. May 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-05
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Apr 5th patches (about 6,600 files had to be recompiled).

Apr 13 , 2023 release notes
    1. Apr 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-04
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Mar 5th patches (about 28,000 files had to be recompiled).

March 18 , 2023 release notes
    1. Mar 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-03
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Feb 5th patches (about 24,500 files had to be recompiled).

Feb 12 , 2023 release notes
    1. Feb 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-02
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Jan 5th patches (about 12,500 files had to be recompiled).
    3. Use stock android.hardware.power for CPU/SoC management so little cores can go as low as 400Mhz. Previously, the minimum clock speed was 1200Mhz and this may have caused some overheating. See

https://github.com/retiredtab/andro...mmit/8480e024cb15d82b9d418c44efd9257db173b49e

Jan 7 , 2023 release notes
    1. Jan 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-01
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Dec 5th patches (about 5,900 files had to be recompiled).

Dec 9 , 2022 release notes
    1. Dec 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-12
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Nov 5th patches (about 6,100 files had to be recompiled).

Nov 10 , 2022 release notes
    1. Nov 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-11
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Oct 5th patches (about 10,000 files had to be recompiled).

Oct 9, 2022 release notes
    1. Oct 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-10

Sept 11, 2022 release notes
    1. Sept 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-09
    2. Removed settings menu option for fast charging. S2 tablet devices do not support this.
    https://github.com/retiredtab/andro...mmit/8068a4a66ae7c576973807b392e686110126150c

Aug 9, 2022 release notes
    1. Aug 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2022-08
    2. Initial ALPHA release to public.

Bash:
    $ sha256sum lineage-19.1-20220809-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi*
    85462d9683208423aa439877f23398ebb06a9c7d9ad45fdc59b62e790fd22ba1  lineage-19.1-20220809-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.zip
    New build called lineage-19.1-20230212-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.zip

19.1 has been my daily driver since July 2022.

Feb 12 , 2023 release notes
    YOU MUST read posts 1-4 if you haven't already.

1. Feb 5 security patches as per https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:S_asb_2023-02
    2. Whatever LineageOS changed since Jan 5th patches (about 12,500 files had to be recompiled).
    3. Use stock android.hardware.power for CPU/SoC management so little cores can go as low as 400Mhz. Previously, the minimum clock speed was 1200Mhz and this may have caused some overheating. See

https://github.com/retiredtab/andro...mmit/8480e024cb15d82b9d418c44efd9257db173b49e

4. There has no been no fix for the “Connected to device. Can’t provide internet”. DO NOT ASK when this will be fixed. If/when it is fixed, it will be announced publicly in this thread.

If this is problem for you, go back to 18.1. In addition, the problem might be a memory leak so the less apps you have installed (like gapps), the better. I rarely see this problem as my setup is very simplistic. I just have Brave browser, Newpipe and Aurora Store.