• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] [ROM] Lighthouse LG V20

New build with or without sony blobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

donaldgene

Dec 17, 2019
Updated builds are now being built!!
DEVICE SIDE:
-Added Doze
-Added Kcal
-Added usb fastcharge toggle
ROM SIDE
-Added extreme battery saver
-Added per app volume control
-June security patch
-Lockscreen media art

BUILD STATUS!!!
VS995/US996 (these are intercompatible) gapps & vanilla: Built
H990 gapps & vanilla: Built
H910 gapps & vanilla: Building
H918 gapps & vanilla: Waiting..

UPLOAD STATUS: Waiting..
i hope that the h990 will be uploaded soon.. feel excited
😊😊😊

Reactions: xxseva44

neolancer07

Jul 25, 2013
The ROM is running exceptionally smooth! I noticed that when the quick settings and notification tray is pulled down the clock in the status bar moves to the left so that it is beside the edge of the second screen. On the vanilla VS995 build.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Device side changes to look for in the next build of lighthouse:
-Stock like camera performance
-Updated gps blobs
-Updated adreno drivers
-Maybe working ir on the stock kernel

Also
In order to fix this hotspot issue, i need some h910 and at&t testers, doesn't have to be both, just one or the other will be fine. On the topic of testers, is there anyone willing to be a tester for lighthouse? You MUST be active and give detailed reports about any issues and provide logs if requested.

Testers will be vital to the future of Lighthouse on the V20 as A. my V20 has multiple hardware issues which makes it impossible to test certain things. B. I will be retiring my V20 as my daily soon in favor of a Pixel 4a 5G so i won't be able to catch bugs as fast as i used to. Send me a pm if interested and i'll provide a link to where you can obtain test builds.

Last edited:

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
Just installed this on my H918 to try it out. It seems to run smoother and overall better than LOS 18.

Unfortunately, it still lacks kcal as far as I can tell and crashes on changing livedisplay color values. My LCD panel has a retention issue, and that pretty much requires either kcal or livedisplay, so kind of a deal-breaker at present.

EDIT: Somehow, this was an error on my end. Not sure how or why - flash error, download error, mixing up filenames and flashing things that don't belong together? - but the ROM works great.

Last edited:

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Just installed this on my H918 to try it out. It seems to run smoother and overall better than LOS 18.

Unfortunately, it still lacks kcal as far as I can tell and crashes on changing livedisplay color values. My LCD panel has a retention issue, and that pretty much requires either kcal or livedisplay, so kind of a deal-breaker at present.
What build did you flash? All the variants were updated and now have kcal in the latest build

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
The latest, but I'm running into random crashes, sudden jerkiness, and odd issues, after a few more minutes, so I think I may have goofed something, or something may have goofed itself. Or my really old kernel manager app isn't compatible. Let me reflash, grab a new(er) app, and try this again. With any luck, that'll just be an app, bad download, etc.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The latest, but I'm running into random crashes, sudden jerkiness, and odd issues, after a few more minutes, so I think I may have goofed something, or something may have goofed itself. Or my really old kernel manager app isn't compatible. Let me reflash, grab a new(er) app, and try this again. With any luck, that'll just be an app, bad download, etc.
Hmm interesting, haven't seen any reports of these issues, hopefully the reflash fixes it

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
After a full wipe, formatting /data, and redownloading a fresh copy of all the things, it seems to work fine!
I'm not sure if maybe I missed a TWRP flash error message, somehow got my file names mixed up between versions of the ROM, or something else, but it looks much more "lighthouse" and much less "stock" now.

I'll definitely be continuing to use it, as among other things, I appreciate the little touches of bandwidth and current monitors, and the relative smoothness on older hardware like this.

Reactions: xxseva44

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
After a full wipe, formatting /data, and redownloading a fresh copy of all the things, it seems to work fine!
I'm not sure if maybe I missed a TWRP flash error message, somehow got my file names mixed up between versions of the ROM, or something else, but it looks much more "lighthouse" and much less "stock" now.

I'll definitely be continuing to use it, as among other things, I appreciate the little touches of bandwidth and current monitors, and the relative smoothness on older hardware like this.
Next build will be even better 👀👀
Also, kcal adjustments can be done in the settings menu itself in device extras, also for the aod, enable it in the lockscreen settings, not device extras.

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
Overall good, but definitely noticing a couple issues. From a totally blank reinstall (data formatted, system and cache wiped), there's some weirdness with the haptics (lacking vibration in things like fingerprint enrollment, kernel manager app reporting the vibration strength value as "out of range"), and systemui keeps crashing when long-pressing the power button with the screen on.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Overall good, but definitely noticing a couple issues. From a totally blank reinstall (data formatted, system and cache wiped), there's some weirdness with the haptics (lacking vibration in things like fingerprint enrollment, kernel manager app reporting the vibration strength value as "out of range"), and systemui keeps crashing when long-pressing the power button with the screen on.
Haptics are weaker due to the pixel sensor blobs, and for the power button bug, can you tell me what your doing to trigger the crash, i'm not able to recreate it. And what build are you on, gapps or vanilla?

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
Ah, fair. Haptics settings almost seem offset from 'correct', in a way, but I don't really use the whole feature much. For the power button - H918, fresh install, latest version, vanilla with nikgapps 'stock' installed, latest Magisk, just completed basic setup. Hold power button, get a three-option "Lockdown, Power off, Restart" menu, systemui crashes.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Ah, fair. Haptics settings almost seem offset from 'correct', in a way, but I don't really use the whole feature much. For the power button - H918, fresh install, latest version, vanilla with nikgapps 'stock' installed, latest Magisk, just completed basic setup. Hold power button, get a three-option "Lockdown, Power off, Restart" menu, systemui crashes.
Ahhh okay, your using nikgapps stock, nikgapps stock is known to have issues, i recommend nikgapps core

Reactions: Enismirdal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (07-27-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added sony camera eeprom and blobs
    -Tweaked doze
    -Added ambient display
    -Added vulkan support
    -Cpu undervolt
    -Gpu undervolt
    -Updated to [email protected] drivers
    -Fixed thermals
    -Pulled device extras menu
    -Pulled in settings kcal

ROM SIDE
    -Added smart pixels
    -Added Live display
    -Added edge music gesture control
    -Added more accent colours
    -Added animated Lighthouse clock
    -Added A12 clock

BUIlDS
    VS995 gapps: Pending
    VS995 vanilla: Uploaded
    H910 gapps: Pending
    H910 vanilla: uploading
    H918 gapps: Pending
    H918 vanilla: Built
    H990 gapps: Building
    H990 vanilla: Built
    LS997 gapps: Pending
    LS997 vanilla: Pending

Uploads will begin soon
    Interesting, could you try to catch it in the logs
    Lemme

Lemme know how it works
    I ran into a kernel panic issue and wasn't sure how to proceed

however I eventually was able to figure out a way to fix a different kernel panic (modem crash) that I was getting with lineage OS

I was able to flash lineage - and then used a DUMP from LGUP to flash my stock modem over lineage via fastboot & that resolved my kernel panic for lineage

I turned this into a guide as there's very little to no info on the H910PR variant, but it actually has the perfect frequency coverage for my carrier in the USA (Mint Mobile here).

SMS isn't working for me on the H990DS. I'm unable to receive and send. Trying to create a conversation using com.google.android.apps.messaging (or any other app) fails with a messages like "Couldn't create conversation".

I attached a logcat from opening Messaging up to trying to create a conversation. It seems to have to do an incorrect sqlite db version. Any ideas?

EDIT: nvm :). I removed the `mmssms` database in ` /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/`
    LightHouseBanner.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    /
    AboutUS.png

Project Lighthouse is a custom rom with an objective to keep things as smooth and optimized as possible , but without missing out on features that everyone loves , including pixel goodies , but with the option of building as vanilla as well.
    Website
    Github
    Telegram Discussion Chat
    Telegram ROM Updates

credits.png
    ROMS:
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Evolution-X
    POSP
    And Many More~

Downloads.png

Downloads
    **05/15/21 builds only available for vs995 although, it can be flashed on other us996 variants (us996, vs995, h910, h915) by either flashing vs995/us996 twrp or, changing updater script**
    KnownIssues.png

Severity: Serious Moderate Minor

-Hotspot doesn't seem to be working with att sims
    -High thermal output (06-13-21) FIXED, new build will be released in the next couple of days

Be sure to include a log! : How to take logs

Installation.png

Prerequisites****************************
    1.If coming from stock, you MUST be on NOUGAT FIRMWARE
    2.Own a v20 (duh)
    3.Unlocked bootloader (if you are using a us996 or vs995, i can assist you, if not, look around on xda for a guide)

STEPS!!

1.Reboot into twrp

2. Wipe system, data, delvik and cache (if you are updating lighthouse, you can ignore system and data)
    **CLEAN REQUIRED IF COMING FROM 4/26/21 OR OLDER DUE TO KERNEL SOURCE CHANGES**

3.Flash lighthouse

4.Flash anything else you want to run (magisk, etc)

5.Reboot

Our Team:
    @gearsofwar567
    @xxseva44
    @iTzFeRReTTi

Special thanks:
    @Stealth1226
    @lybxlpsv
    Battery life:
    Battery  life J.jpg

Medium to heavy usage with 4380______________________________________________________________Light usage with Acesoft
    shemnz battery___________________________________________________________________________________5320mah battery

Performance:
    Stock kernel.jpg

Stock kernel & Performance_______________________________________________________________________Lyb oc gamma kernel
    governor

Stock oem lg kernel on android oreo(8)
    Geekbench v20 lighthouse.png

**These are my benchmark scores, you may experience better or worse performance depending on your thermal pad replacement, ambient temp, etc.***
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (07-27-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added sony camera eeprom and blobs
    -Tweaked doze
    -Added ambient display
    -Added vulkan support
    -Cpu undervolt
    -Gpu undervolt
    -Updated to [email protected] drivers
    -Fixed thermals
    -Pulled device extras menu
    -Pulled in settings kcal

ROM SIDE
    -Added smart pixels
    -Added Live display
    -Added edge music gesture control
    -Added more accent colours
    -Added animated Lighthouse clock
    -Added A12 clock

BUIlDS
    VS995 gapps: Pending
    VS995 vanilla: Uploaded
    H910 gapps: Pending
    H910 vanilla: uploading
    H918 gapps: Pending
    H918 vanilla: Built
    H990 gapps: Building
    H990 vanilla: Built
    LS997 gapps: Pending
    LS997 vanilla: Pending

Uploads will begin soon
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (06-06-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added Doze
    -Added Kcal
    -Tweaked media profile and other camera related files
    -Enabled upto 120fps recording @ 720p -Pulling this due to excessive heat
    -Added usb fastcharge toggle
    ROM SIDE
    -Added extreme battery saver
    -Added per app volume control

Builds will be uploaded on Monday

Update:
    Builds are delayed as I’m currently bringing over patched chromatix from leeco and sony. Sony blobs and libraries are also being added. These blobs will also fix 60 fps recording at upto 1080p
    Hi. I'll give it a try. The features of this rom in the description sounds awesome, mainly the camera performance. I'm in VS995.