• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNOFFICIAL] [ROM] Lighthouse LG V20

New build with or without sony blobs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
I'd just decided to try out stock on a whim, apparently that was a bad idea. Reflashed with core, no stability issues so far and running well.
Kcal support works just fine but doesn't have all the possible settings - value, hue, and min RGB value aren't present - so I'll stick with a kernel manager for that, for now.

Do the AOD settings in Display conflict with those in Device Extras?
Also, is there currently a way to change the accent color? If there is, I'm completely missing it.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'd just decided to try out stock on a whim, apparently that was a bad idea. Reflashed with core, no stability issues so far and running well.
Kcal support works just fine but doesn't have all the possible settings - value, hue, and min RGB value aren't present - so I'll stick with a kernel manager for that, for now.

Do the AOD settings in Display conflict with those in Device Extras?
Also, is there currently a way to change the accent color? If there is, I'm completely missing it.
On vanilla, the themepicker is missing and i'm currently talking to the rom devs about that, and the aod setting in device extras is not functional and does nothing, seems i forgot to remove that, But yea those two should be fixed by the next build

Migush

Apr 7, 2016
What I do not understand is why someone would vote no regarding the Sony blobs. If it helps with camera performance why would you want that?

Migush

Apr 7, 2016
Haptics are weaker due to the pixel sensor blobs, and for the power button bug, can you tell me what your doing to trigger the crash, i'm not able to recreate it. And what build are you on, gapps or vanilla?
I noticed some issues with vibration as well with applications that depend on the default system vibration strength. In Gboard it's possible to manually set the vibration length, when sliding the slider it seems that 'system default' length is very very short, I can turn set it to 20ms just fine which feels normal. Unlock (incorrect finger does vibrate twice :|), recents, and more seems to have only close to 1ms of duration. For some reason the vibration when plugging in the charger is working fine...

Added:
Damn this rom is smooth (at least for now)
Two things I'm missing, however it's probably the Lighthouse rom itself:
- double tap status bar to sleep
- quick press for croppable screenhots and long press for full

Last edited:

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I noticed some issues with vibration as well with applications that depend on the default system vibration strength. In Gboard it's possible to manually set the vibration length, when sliding the slider it seems that 'system default' length is very very short, I can turn set it to 20ms just fine which feels normal. Unlock, recents, and more seems to have only close to 1ms of duration. For some reason the vibration when plugging in the charger is working fine...

Added:
Damn this rom is smooth (at least for now)
Two things I'm missing, however it's probably the Lighthouse rom itself:
- double tap status bar to sleep
- quick press for croppable screenhots and long press for full
Yea double tap to sleep was just added to their source and the screenshot one isn't in lighthouse, But yea the pixel blobs need to be tweaked, so i'll probably do that for the next update

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
Used it for an actual work day, and this does run just about as well. The DAC toggle seems more stable than it is in LOS. The bandwidth meter in the statusbar did disappear partway through the day, though, and only came back after a reboot. Battery use seems fairly high with screen on - so about par for the phone - but pretty decent with screen off.

I second missing double-tap to sleep. Haven't had a chance to test BT codec support, but I'm hoping it handles aptX HD and/or LDAC.

Last edited:

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Used it for an actual work day, and this does run just about as well. The DAC toggle seems more stable than it is in LOS. The bandwidth meter in the statusbar did disappear partway through the day, though, and only came back after a reboot. Battery use seems fairly high with screen on - so about par for the phone - but pretty decent with screen off.

I second missing double-tap to sleep. Haven't had a chance to test BT codec support, but I'm hoping it handles aptX HD and/or LDAC.
Double tap should be added in the next build

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
Further feedback - charging current often seems erratic and oddly low. I haven't seen it fast charge at all, despite multiple chargers that support that, and it usually reads "charging slowly", with current under 1A.

Reactions: Migush

lunaticstraydog

Jun 22, 2021
Further feedback - charging current often seems erratic and oddly low. I haven't seen it fast charge at all, despite multiple chargers that support that, and it usually reads "charging slowly", with current under 1A.
Same here on H990DS - with or without fastcharge on.
On a computer usb port it's even worse - somewhere between 100 and 200 mAh
[Edit] depends on the computer apparently : on 2 out of 3 the charge rate was depressingly low - but on the last it was standard 1A...

Last edited:

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Same here on H990DS - with or without fastcharge on.
On a computer usb port it's even worse - somewhere between 100 and 200 mAh
[Edit] depends on the computer apparently : on 2 out of 3 the charge rate was depressingly low - but on the last it was standard 1A...
Yes, tried turning on fast charge in settings, it didn't seem to change anything.
Hmm interesting, i'll look into it, you can temporarily fix it by flashing gamma

Reactions: lunaticstraydog

Enismirdal

Feb 23, 2011
A current monitoring charger at work shows variable power use from ~.9A - 1.9A, mostly around 1.5A, while the phone displays 300-900mA current, mostly around 600mA.
800mA+ is a fairly high discrepancy, so there may be something off here.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Update to everyone:
The latest lighthouse build has a thermal issue and a fast charging issue. I do NOT RECOMMEND running the latest build do to these issues, if you are already on the latest build, it is possible to dirty flash back to the previous build (clear cache and delvik).
These issues will be fixed in the next build which should come late june early july. *****Please note that the previous build does not have kcal******

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (07-27-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added sony camera eeprom and blobs
    -Tweaked doze
    -Added ambient display
    -Added vulkan
    -Cpu undervolt
    -Gpu undervolt
    -Updated to [email protected] drivers
    -Fixed thermals
    -Pulled device extras menu
    -Pulled in settings kcal

ROM SIDE
    -Added smart pixels
    -Added Live display
    -Added edge music gesture control
    -Added more accent colours
    -Added animated Lighthouse clock
    -Added A12 clock

BUIlDS
    VS995 gapps: Uploaded
    VS995 vanilla: Uploaded
    H910 gapps: Building
    H910 vanilla: Uploaded
    H918 gapps: Pending
    H918 vanilla: Uploaded
    H990 gapps: Pending
    H990 vanilla: Uploaded
    LS997 gapps: Pending
    LS997 vanilla: Pending
    Lemme

Lemme know how it works
    I ran into a kernel panic issue and wasn't sure how to proceed

however I eventually was able to figure out a way to fix a different kernel panic (modem crash) that I was getting with lineage OS

I was able to flash lineage - and then used a DUMP from LGUP to flash my stock modem over lineage via fastboot & that resolved my kernel panic for lineage

I turned this into a guide as there's very little to no info on the H910PR variant, but it actually has the perfect frequency coverage for my carrier in the USA (Mint Mobile here).

SMS isn't working for me on the H990DS. I'm unable to receive and send. Trying to create a conversation using com.google.android.apps.messaging (or any other app) fails with a messages like "Couldn't create conversation".

I attached a logcat from opening Messaging up to trying to create a conversation. It seems to have to do an incorrect sqlite db version. Any ideas?

EDIT: nvm :). I removed the `mmssms` database in ` /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/`
    LightHouseBanner.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    /
    AboutUS.png

Project Lighthouse is a custom rom with an objective to keep things as smooth and optimized as possible , but without missing out on features that everyone loves , including pixel goodies , but with the option of building as vanilla as well.
    Website
    Github
    Telegram Discussion Chat
    Telegram ROM Updates

credits.png
    ROMS:
    AOSP
    LineageOS
    Evolution-X
    POSP
    And Many More~

Downloads.png

Downloads
    **05/15/21 builds only available for vs995 although, it can be flashed on other us996 variants (us996, vs995, h910, h915) by either flashing vs995/us996 twrp or, changing updater script**
    KnownIssues.png

Severity: Serious Moderate Minor

-Hotspot doesn't seem to be working with att sims
    -High thermal output (06-13-21) FIXED

Be sure to include a log! : How to take logs

Installation.png

Prerequisites****************************
    1.If coming from stock, you MUST be on NOUGAT FIRMWARE
    2.Own a v20 (duh)
    3.Unlocked bootloader (if you are using a us996 or vs995, i can assist you, if not, look around on xda for a guide)

STEPS!!

1.Reboot into twrp

2. Wipe system, data, delvik and cache (if you are updating lighthouse, you can ignore system and data)
    **CLEAN REQUIRED IF COMING FROM 4/26/21 OR OLDER DUE TO KERNEL SOURCE CHANGES**

3.Flash lighthouse

4.Flash anything else you want to run (magisk, etc)

5.Reboot

Our Team:
    @gearsofwar567
    @xxseva44
    @iTzFeRReTTi

Special thanks:
    @Stealth1226
    @lybxlpsv
    Battery life:
    Battery  life J.jpg

Medium to heavy usage with 4380______________________________________________________________Light usage with Acesoft
    shemnz battery___________________________________________________________________________________5320mah battery

Performance:
    Stock kernel.jpg

Stock kernel & Performance_______________________________________________________________________Lyb oc gamma kernel
    governor

Stock oem lg kernel on android oreo(8)
    Geekbench v20 lighthouse.png

**These are my benchmark scores, you may experience better or worse performance depending on your thermal pad replacement, ambient temp, etc.***
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (07-27-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added sony camera eeprom and blobs
    -Tweaked doze
    -Added ambient display
    -Added vulkan
    -Cpu undervolt
    -Gpu undervolt
    -Updated to [email protected] drivers
    -Fixed thermals
    -Pulled device extras menu
    -Pulled in settings kcal

ROM SIDE
    -Added smart pixels
    -Added Live display
    -Added edge music gesture control
    -Added more accent colours
    -Added animated Lighthouse clock
    -Added A12 clock

BUIlDS
    VS995 gapps: Uploaded
    VS995 vanilla: Uploaded
    H910 gapps: Building
    H910 vanilla: Uploaded
    H918 gapps: Pending
    H918 vanilla: Uploaded
    H990 gapps: Pending
    H990 vanilla: Uploaded
    LS997 gapps: Pending
    LS997 vanilla: Pending
    LIGHTHOUSE UPDATE (06-06-2021)
    DEVICE SIDE:

-Added Doze
    -Added Kcal
    -Tweaked media profile and other camera related files
    -Enabled upto 120fps recording @ 720p -Pulling this due to excessive heat
    -Added usb fastcharge toggle
    ROM SIDE
    -Added extreme battery saver
    -Added per app volume control

Builds will be uploaded on Monday

Update:
    Builds are delayed as I’m currently bringing over patched chromatix from leeco and sony. Sony blobs and libraries are also being added. These blobs will also fix 60 fps recording at upto 1080p
    Hi. I'll give it a try. The features of this rom in the description sounds awesome, mainly the camera performance. I'm in VS995.