• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 13.0 for Galaxy Grand Prime [SM-S920L|G530FZ/MU/P/T/T1/W]

What device do you use?

• SM-G530W

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • SM-G530T

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • SM-G530T1

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • SM-G530P

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 74 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GoldenAge

May 29, 2016
San Bernardino
Latest build, I have a brand new legit sd card to use with the phone, tried formatting it as internal but never works and says its corrupted for no apparent reason
Had issues like this too before. Don't keep trying because you don't want to permanently mess up your SD. What you can do, what I do, is just use xposed for my SD needs. Marshmallow SD Fix or XinternelSD, you can use those to choose which apps individually store their data on your SD.

kro0wz

May 7, 2017
Had issues like this too before. Don't keep trying because you don't want to permanently mess up your SD. What you can do, what I do, is just use xposed for my SD needs. Marshmallow SD Fix or XinternelSD, you can use those to choose which apps individually store their data on your SD.

Thanks, but Im a bit confused on how to use it/how it works. A lot of the guides are in different languages as well, so do you mind helping

aarongotgame

Mar 13, 2013
One thing I've noticed and probably had to deal with before was the volume of the device period. All volume seems to be throttled down immensely. From the incall volume to the speaker phone volume. It is noticably lower than Android 5 stock on 530T. Any solutions on how to get the base or inner volume levels increased. It is almost to the point where I might have to revert back to And. 5.1

Last edited:

docrates1975

Feb 9, 2017
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
One thing I've noticed and probably had to deal with before was the volume of the device period. All volume seems to be throttled down immensely. From the incall volume to the speaker phone volume. It is noticably lower than Android 5 stock on 530T. Any solutions on how to get the base or inner volume levels increased. It is almost to the point where I might have to revert back to And. 5.1
The volume has solution, modify the file mixer_paths.xml, go to root with root browser, system, etc, find file, open it as editor, change parameters, as I have done for my problems in one ear, I hope it helps, and I feel my English bad

Last edited:

aarongotgame

Mar 13, 2013
Look for the values of play scenario, I raised them to 84, Try it if you do well, I recommend not to go over 90, Because I do not know how much the speakers support

Yeah i searched around n found the values. First time I edited, it got deleted somehow. Then I just used lineage update and rebooted again n sound is back, now I'ma try again because the file is reset. I'll let u know the outcome. Also it seems like overall the volume is raised after doing the first method with Dolby Atmos but still some phone calls the speaker n in call volume is extremely low

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Doesn't work. Editing the mixer path file ends in no sound at all on reboot no matter what

aarongotgame

Mar 13, 2013
Look for the values of play scenario, I raised them to 84, Try it if you do well, I recommend not to go over 90, Because I do not know how much the speakers support

Yeah nothing works. The phone calls are low, the app messages are low. Facebook recording and playback are low. The speaker sound that is turned up is distorted not just louder. Editing mixer path harbors no sound at all on reboot. Guess I can't use lineage 13 anymore, sorry. Plus downloading other apps just to manage the battery drainage seems redundant. I seen some nice deals at atnt, like a 800$ LG G6 half off. It might be time for me to get rid of this phone altogether. Even the LG K10 has better camera, better hd screen n comes with Android 6 or 7. Rip smg530t

Last edited:

docrates1975

Feb 9, 2017
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Yeah nothing works. The phone calls are low, the app messages are low. Facebook recording and playback are low. The speaker sound that is turned up is distorted not just louder. Editing mixer path harbors no sound at all on reboot. Guess I can't use lineage 13 anymore, sorry. Plus downloading other apps just to manage the battery drainage seems redundant. I seen some nice deals at atnt, like a 800$ LG G6 half off. It might be time for me to get rid of this phone altogether. Even the LG K10 has better camera, better he screen n comes with Android 6 or 7. Rip smg530t
On my g530fz I ran, Sorry i can not help you

Last edited:

jlesteratkins

Apr 3, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Okay, new problem. Whenever I'm getting a call the incoming call dialog doesn't appear. If I'm on the home screen I can hit the phone icon and it has the option to return to call in progress but if I'm not already on home screen the home button don't work

kordob

Nov 22, 2016
On my g530fz I ran, Sorry i can not help you

Hola Docrates1975, te va todo bien en el 530fz? Sonido, 4g,etc...
El 4g hay que activarlo cada reinicio con el código 4636?
Gracias
Hello Docrates1975, are you all right in the 530fz? Sound, 4g, etc ...
The 4g must be activated every restart with code 4636?
Thank you

Last edited:

dudematthew

Aug 22, 2016
@vince2678 hey!
Variant: FZ lte
Rom: lineage 14.1 (7.1)
Problem:
Soooo... I've properly installed this rom with gapps
Everything works really fine thx for everything but I can't connect to Internet without WiFi :/ tried all settings variants (probably), but it just can't connect to +H or LTE - phone calls works fine - looks like this option isnt turned on - hope u'll find time to look at this
Have a nice day

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
@vince2678 hey!
Variant: FZ lte
Rom: lineage 14.1 (7.1)
Problem:
Soooo... I've properly installed this rom with gapps
Everything works really fine thx for everything but I can't connect to Internet without WiFi :/ tried all settings variants (probably), but it just can't connect to +H or LTE - phone calls works fine - looks like this option isnt turned on - hope u'll find time to look at this
Have a nice day

Make sure you have put any APN information if necessary and reboot the phone. The mobile data never works on first boot.

Reactions: dudematthew

c3p0u812

May 20, 2017
After getting the lineage-13.0-20170608-NIGHTLY-gprimelte.zip 2017-06-08 18:15 327M build my laptop doesn't recognize my phone being plugged into it anymore. Doesn't show the sd card or internal storage. Says it's removed or stopped responding. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
    Code:
    [B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

Features

Code:
    * The usual LineageOS features.
    * All builds support over-the-air updates.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
    A: If and only if the device is using an msm8916 chip, and you're willing to buy me/donate the device for testing, sure.

Q: But I don't have that kind of money! What else?
    A: Alternatively, if you're skilled with Linux and adb, and have an unsupported device, if you're willing to work with me as a tester, that works as well.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?
    A: Unless you're willing to implement it yourself, no.

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?
    A: Unless more people donate, no. I simply don't have the time to maintain more than LOS nor money to hold that many ROMs on my already (tiny) struggling server.

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

You want to help?

• We need hardware power to get the builds done.
      If you want to help us go faster, send a PM to @kentone or
      @vince2678. Your computer will act as a client for our jenkins server.

• In a perfect world, that would be all, but unfortunately no. We need money to keep the server running and keep bringing these ROMs.
    • As always, logcat any problem you find.

PLEASE, don't PM @vince2678, as he's busy right now, and your questions can be not answered. PM @kentone instead, write here on the post, or on the telegram group, your questions will be responded as soon as we can ;) Understand that we have family, studies and jobs aside of this project. Thanks for your understanding :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 13.0 for Galaxy Grand Prime [SM-S920L|G530FZ/MU/P/T/T1/W], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 4.4 (KitKat)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-27

Created 2016-11-01
    Last Updated 2017-08-29
    I thank you

I know that they discarded the FZ because there was already a developer who was ahead with CM 13.1 for this terminal but anyway agradesco vince for taking this to develop a roms for this terminal since nobody cared for him, last a time with CM 12.1 and walked well in my FZ but now I run CM 13.1 of the other developer I believe it but a thousand thanks vince and your team for making a rom for this terminal thousand Thanks.
    i am very very glad to see this!! i will be willing to test out builds for sure
    yah any new here or is this thread just there for nothing

If I wanted, I could just as well go and build cm-13.0 anyways, but it still would not work. I am working on bringing up (updating) the kernel code, and you will have to be patient since the kernel code is several thousands of lines and the Samsung kernel is largely out of date, but If you'd rather, I could go ahead and make builds that will never boot anyways.
    I did a advanced wipe first, I wiped everything but it still wouldn't patch system image

I'll issue odin builds as well for the next updates in the event something like that happens to a lot of people.