Get a logcat and submit a bug at grandprime.ddns.net/bugs
I have heared very nice things about you, so make sure you keep up the good work!
I have a request for you!
I have a device (SM-J320FN) which is currently on stock ROM which is really buggy!
I would really love if you could make LineageOS for this device!
It's listed above. Scroll up a bit.
** Disclaimer I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war and ends the world as we know it. You have been warned.
- ROM Target Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-S920L | SM-G530MU | SM-G530FZ | SM-G530P | SM-G530T | SM-G530T1 | SM-G530W
- ROM Status: Stable
- ROM OS: LineageOS 13.0
- Project GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916
- Project Gerrit Review site: https://review.msm8916.com/
- Telegram Channel (for ROM build/completion notifications): https://telegram.me/GrandPrimeTWFZ
- Telegram Group (for Q&A): https://telegram.me/joinchat/AJrZvz_pGY7Pvfis9kzMwA
- Bug reports: https://bugs.msm8916.com/
Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
[B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR] [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]
All builds: https://download.msm8916.com/
Jenkins Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/LineageOS_Builds/job/Samsung_Galaxy_GRAND_Prime/
TWRP Builds: https://jenkins.msm8916.com/job/TWRP_Builds/
If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).
You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.
* Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.
* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].
* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
if you are coming from a stock ROM.
* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:
* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:
adb sideload name_of_zip.zip
to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.
* Download and flash GApps in the same way.
[B]* Install samsung device drivers and then the adb utils from here:[/B] [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url] [b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb, and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b] [I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I] [b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b] [b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]
[b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's package manager and execute the command:[/b] [I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I] [b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b] [b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]
* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.
* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:
adb connect [ip address here]
And then the adb logcat command for windows.
* The usual LineageOS features. * All builds support over-the-air updates.
Q: Are you taking device requests?
A: If and only if the device is using an msm8916 chip, and you're willing to buy me/donate the device for testing, sure.
Q: But I don't have that kind of money! What else?
A: Alternatively, if you're skilled with Linux and adb, and have an unsupported device, if you're willing to work with me as a tester, that works as well.
Q: Are you accepting feature requests?
A: Unless you're willing to implement it yourself, no.
Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?
A: Unless more people donate, no. I simply don't have the time to maintain more than LOS nor money to hold that many ROMs on my already (tiny) struggling server.
Q: Can I throw money at you?
A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.
- We need hardware power to get the builds done.
If you want to help us go faster, send a PM to @kentone or
@vince2678. Your computer will act as a client for our jenkins server.
- In a perfect world, that would be all, but unfortunately no. We need money to keep the server running and keep bringing these ROMs.
- As always, logcat any problem you find.