- Dec 16, 2012
[B][U]Disclaimer:[/U][/B] I am not responsible for any damage to you your device. Everything you do, you do on your own risk!
Last year I got a Galaxy Tab E (SM-T560) from Samsung for free as gift to my new mobile phone.
Unfortunately the ROMs for SM-T560NU tabs are not working on that device, but I found a working ROM of LineageOS 14.1 (Android Nougat 7.1.2) on the following page:
LineageOS 14.1 (formerly known as CyanogenMod) ROM is based on the Android stock ROM released by Google, which the LineageOS team modifies.
Credits go to the LineageOS team for making this ROM available to many devices and to independent developers like Ma3a_XaTa for porting this ROM to the Tab E SM-T561.
Just installed it to my tab and it seems working well!
I used the instructions from a comment at the bottom of the page:
ROM: LineageOS 14.1
Gapps: The Open GApps Project
Boot Image: boot.img
Recovery: TWRP Recovery for Tab E
1. Make sure you have TWRP 3 installed (HowTo)
2. Move the downloaded files to your Micro SD Card (>4GB recommended)
3. >50% battery charge
4. Some patience.
1. Boot to TWRP 3 (Power + Home + Volume Up) and Swipe to allow modifications
Note: Make sure to Backup EFS and Modem to Micro SD Card in TWRP.
2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > (Select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache ONLY) > Swipe to WIPE
3. Install > Select Storage > Micro SD Card > Select lineage-14.1-20180419-UNOFFICIAL-gtel3g.zip
4. Add More Zips > open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-2018xxxx.zip
5. Add More Zips > keys.zip
6. Swipe to confirm flash and wait for 5-10 mins
7. After the Flash process DO NOT restart system.
8. Go back to Install > Install Image > boot.img > Select Boot Partition > Swipe to confirm flash
9. After the boot.img has been flashed DO NOT restart system IF you want Root.
10. Go back to Install > Install Zip > SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip > Swipe to confirm flash
11. Now Restart System.
12. Wait 10-15 mins, it will take some time.
13. Enjoy Lineage OS!
- Charging while the device is off works, but does not show battery charge indicator animation.
Good luck and enjoy!
[B][U]Miscellaneous:[/U][/B] [URL="https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-t560-galaxy-tab-e-96-wifi/download-mode/"]HowTo bring the Tab to DownloadMode[/URL]