[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016 [SM-J510FN]

Search This thread

ynsano

Aug 22, 2018
Netflix... yes or no?

Hi, Netflix is working on this ROM?
I installed and got a error when opening Netflix so i tough "Ah... one of the perks of having a Custom one...."
But then I UsUed my LG G4 and lineaged it... and there netflix is okay.

So... is not a problem with lineage, but something else, maybe a detail about the release.... a little missconfig anywhere in the code and bla bla bla.....

So id like to Know, is Netflix okay over there people, is just me, is whit everybody or just some lucky ones like me?

And to state exactly the problem, Play Store stated that my device did was compatible with netflix(semi normal especialy with netflix, i istalled him using the apk on many devices cause of that lazy netflix behavior).
Instaled ok, from apk mirror. Opened ok... but not.... when net flix end opening and start retrieving the front page it giver the error "Cold not retrieve netflix services" or something like that, as if im offline or someting like that.

Anyone having this? Or somethin similar to this also..... cause it could be same cause different symptoms.

Hi, Netflix is working on this ROM?
I installed and got a error when opening Netflix so i tough "Ah... one of the perks of having a Custom one...."
But then I UsUed my LG G4 and lineaged it... and there netflix is okay.

So... is not a problem with lineage, but something else, maybe a detail about the release.... a little missconfig anywhere in the code and bla bla bla.....

So id like to Know, is Netflix okay over there people, is just me, is whit everybody or just some lucky ones like me?

And to state exactly the problem, Play Store stated that my device did was compatible with netflix(semi normal especialy with netflix, i istalled him using the apk on many devices cause of that lazy netflix behavior).
Instaled ok, from apk mirror. Opened ok... but not.... when net flix end opening and start retrieving the front page it giver the error "Cold not retrieve netflix services" or something like that, as if im offline or someting like that.

Anyone having this? Or somethin similar to this also..... cause it could be same cause different symptoms.

Your device fingerprint needs to pass safety net .
Along with edited build prop .

ynsano

Aug 22, 2018
Netflix

Immortalized, do you have this ROM on your Phone? This specific one i mean, not Lineage 15.1, this one made by bluedogerino.

Last edited:

KonGhiRa

Nov 1, 2018
Edit: I was meant to reply to this thread https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-j5/sam...om-unofficial-lineageos-16-0-j5-2016-t3945418. My bad

I have been using this rom for a while, it works great, battery consumption is better than stock rom.
Some days ago I received an ota update, I installed it succesfully. But I want to ask since this is an unofficial rom, where does the update come from ? Is it from this rom's developer or from official linage os ?
If it is from official linage os, will there be problem with hardware, etc ?

Last edited:

Flegmon

I have been using this rom for a while, it works great, battery consumption is better than stock rom.
Some days ago I received an ota update, I installed it succesfully. But I want to ask since this is an unofficial rom, where does the update come from ? Is it from this rom's developer or from official linage os ?
I seriously don't know how you got an OTA update on this rom since it's an unofficial rom and unofficial roms in most cases don't have an working updater. This one shouldn't have an working updater.

DankMemz

Apr 25, 2019
Bucharest
What the everloving God, how did you get an OTA update?

KonGhiRa

Nov 1, 2018
What the everloving God, how did you get an OTA update?
Edit: I was meant to reply to this thread https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-j5/sam...om-unofficial-lineageos-16-0-j5-2016-t3945418 . My bad sorry

Oh now I remember. I didn't install the version from this thread, I started reading from this thread but somehow I was taken to los-legacy.de and installed from there. Dumb me :laugh:
May be off topic but anyone else use ROM from los-legacy.de ? Does it have release or discussion threads in xda ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DankMemz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

• Boots
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • OTG (USB On-The-Go)
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • AOD

Known issuses:
    • NFC is (possibly) broken
    • Maybe more

Instructions:

• Download the latest build and gapps
    • Flash my TWRP via install image in your current TWRP or flash it via ODIN
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Older Downloads:
    Additional Downloads:

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Telegram Group

Big thanks to @theashleyd123, & @Flegmon, for helping me test stuff.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016 [SM-J510FN], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    bluedogerino, Dyneteve, theashleyd123, vince2678,minz1,vlw,Danil_e71,Bulgarian Jesus
    Source Code: https://github.com/bluedogerino/kernel-j5xnlte

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock MM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 15.1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-11-25

Created 2018-03-14
    Last Updated 2018-12-27
    Changelog

12/09/2018
    Code:
    -New kernel by [url="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=9283962"]BulgarianJesus[/url]  and me (Balkan League)
    -Added AOD
    -Fixed BT being on by default on the first boot
    -Fixed Wifi Hotspot
    Kernel Changelog:
    Code:
    Fixes:
    Fixed Video Decoder Bus Vector speeds
    Features:
    Enabled AOD
    Optimization:
    Optimized A53 frequency table for efficiency |Where 200 MHz is 19.2 MHz, 400 MHz is 288 MHz, 533 MHz is 384 MHz and 800 MHz is 672 MHz| -Perfect for AOD
    Undervolt:
    Undervolted SVS and NOM rails for better efficiency |1.2V on SVS and 1.45V on NOM rails, from 1.8V|
    Undervolted Phase-Locked-Loop for better efficiency |1.36V on NOM and 0.9V on SVS rails, from 1.9V and 1V.|
    Display:
    Panel now supports 75 Hz
    Crypto Bus:
    Overclocked Crypto Bus | 160 MHz from 80 MHz|
    GPU:
    Switched to unified GPU specific code
    Overclocked Adreno 306 |620 MHz max from 400 MHz|
    Underclocked Adreno 306 |19 MHz min from 200 MHz|
    Added new FMAX table
    Optimized GPU voltage leves depending on the usage and the frequency better efficiency

24/03/2018
    Code:
    -fixed RIL
    -changed toolchain to Linaro 7.2
    -fixed OTG

14/03/2018
    Code:
    -Initial build
    The camera does not work so I can't use Instagram or Snapchat

Then go back to stock and use it, or build LINEAGE YOURSELF.
    I got no obligation to fix stuff, I'm doing this on my own free will.
    Don't feel so priviledged to ask me to fix stuff. I'll fix it in time, currently it doesn't work and it can't be done in a day, to make this boot I've been working on it for a month. So sit your ass down and wait for updates.
    For all the people checking my android file host, and reporting that 20180318 version doesn't work , I'm AWARE DON'T BE NOUSY AROUND MY AFH, IF IT ISN'T IN THE THREAD DON'T USE IT, I LEFT THE 0314 VERSION FOR A REASON.
    ------ DO NOT IGNORE -----

Due to the fact that hardly any of you seem able to read and follow simple instructions, I'm going to provide clear ones here.

What's working:

RIL - This is your SIM card, so mobile data works, as do calls and texts.
    GPS - This has worked since the first build, it just wasn't mentioned, apologies.
    Audio/Video Playback
    USB-OTG (Fixed in newest build)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    What's Broken (That we know of)

Bluetooth
    Camera
    NFC
    ----------------

Installation instructions.

Download this recovery: http://samsungroms.tk/owncloud/index.php/s/ukdvAfjAZ7aK6wc

Ensure you have done a factory erase.

Flash.

Install GAPPS if needed

Done.

Most importantly, please don't ask for features whilst we still have bugs, this has been posted with the intention of getting people to help test this. So no, Snapchat doesn't work. And if you ask for substratum you're gonna get laughed at

Thanks from
    @bluedogerino @theashleyd123