Your warranty is now void. I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What's working :
- Video recording
- NFC is broken ( J500FN )
- Maybe more
- garylawwd - 50E
- Download the latest build and gapps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and gapps
- Nope : Not happening
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5
Dyneteve, vince2678, minz1
Source Code: https://github.com/galaxy-msm8916
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.1
Last Updated 2018-04-25