[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 15.1 for Galaxy Tab E [SM-T377P/SM-T560NU]

Search This thread

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
** Disclaimer
I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
   phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
    world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
Code:
[B]SM-T377P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gtesqltespr[/B][/COLOR]
[B]SM-T560NU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gtelwifiue[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
* Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
[B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
 the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
 and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
[b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
 package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
A: No.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 15.1 for Galaxy Tab E [SM-T377P/SM-T560NU], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Contributors
vince2678, minz1, deadman96385, vlw, Danil_e71
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: >= 5.0 (Lollipop)
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-26
Last Updated 2018-10-10

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Reserved

If this is your first time flashing O, you will need to install the latest unofficial TWRP image for your device from the links above before flashing a zip image, otherwise installation of a zip will invariably fail.

Last edited:

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
What works

Code:
[B]
*[STRIKE] RIL (messaging, [I]data possibly[/I] )[/STRIKE]
* Bluetooth (including audio)
* WiFi
* Audio (music, etc)
* Camera (including video recording)
* Flash
* Sensors
* GPS
[/B]

Known Issues

Code:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]All devices[/B][/COLOR]
* [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Encryption does not work. This is indefinitely broken[/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] RIL/Telephony (calling, texting, data) does not work.[/B]

Changelog

Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]09/02/2018[/B][/COLOR]

* [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera recording should be working again.
   This was broken due to upstream android security change. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Telephony should be working on the gtes (T377P). [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Core control has been disabled permanently, in-kernel. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] NFC may (or may not) be working this build on capable devices.
   This is Untested. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Rebased lineage-15.1 branches in repos. This is mostly
   for our benefit; just to tidy up the repos and make commit history more descriptive,
   accurate and give proper credits to commit authors. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Reworked zram support in ROM. There are now two zram properties:
	[I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I]
	Set [I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] [I]true[/I] to enable zram;
	and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I] to set the size of the zram disk.

If you set this too large the system will slow down. You can also just use a zram
  zip from the download server to do this automatically.[/B]

Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]08/12/2018[/B][/COLOR]
* [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera recording is broken.
   This is due to upstream android security change. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Reworked zram support in ROM. There are now two zram properties:
	[I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I]
	Set [I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] [I]true[/I] to enable zram;
	and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I] to set the size of the zram disk.

If you set this too large the system will slow down. You can also just use a zram
  zip from the download server to do this automatically.[/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Enabled zram by default for low-ram (1GiB) devices [/B]

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeEx and Zep0th

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Welcome back Vince! Your work for this tablet is mainly why I have it. If you need testing I'd be happy to help.
Although I've been out of the flashing/dev game for 2.5 years.

Just a few small things I've noticed with my testing with SM-T560NU:

With GAPPS, at the end of the initial setup, it looks like it crashes the launcher and then loops back to select WiFi access point.
workaround: skip wifi setup and google account until after it loads to the launcher.

Opening Developer Options crashes Settings
Related: Cannot connect tablet as MTP to computer because USB debugging is stuck on.
Maybe Related: Cannot enable ROOT/SuperSU (unable to operate in xbin mode?)

Occasionally a thick red boarder flashes around the screen.
This is caused by the strict mode setting under the developer options. It flashes a red border around the screen when anything does a long operation on the main thread.
likely workaround: Edit /system/build.prop and change the value of “ro.build.type” from “eng” to “user”
Without ROOT, edit the build.prop from the lineage-15.1 zip file from your computer before flashing.
You can still MTP mount from within TWRP if you need to transfer it.

Last edited:

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Go version bootloops

Hello.Im not a noob and 15.1 booted fine but developers options when go to open crashes.Can not open developers option.And on Go ver will not boot.Just hangs on the opening boot animation.Just some feedback

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Welcome back Vince! Your work for this tablet is mainly why I have it. If you need testing I'd be happy to help.

With GAPPS, at the end of the initial setup, it looks like it crashes the launcher and then loops back to select WiFi access point.
workaround: skip wifi setup and google account until after it loads to the launcher.

Related: Cannot connect tablet as MTP to computer because USB debugging is stuck on.

likely workaround: Edit /system/build.prop and change the value of “ro.build.type” from “eng” to “user”
Without ROOT, edit the build.prop from the lineage-15.1 zip file from your computer before flashing.

Hello.Im not a noob and 15.1 booted fine but developers options when go to open crashes.Can not open developers option.And on Go ver will not boot.Just hangs on the opening boot animation.Just some feedback

Those are probably old builds. New builds are in the queue for today/tomorrow, check jenkins to monitor the status. The queue is quite long so it'll take awhile.

Reactions: Zep0th and MikeEx

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Did more testing.all versions og anndroid 8 crashes when opening developers settings.Got the Go version to boot with a dalvik and catch wipe then flashed pico gapps for 8.1 but once again developers options crash when opening.Could this be du to the gapps im flashing?Perhaps nano version?

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Dang lol no sound on the 14.1 builds at all

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Those are probably old builds. New builds are in the queue for today/tomorrow, check jenkins to monitor the status. The queue is quite long so it'll take awhile.

0623 verson j4 is what i flashed.Obviously an older build for back in june.So what your saying is in this new post you have started will have all newer builds?

silver9990

Oct 29, 2013
I had some of the same issues with the 6-25 build (377p), specifically the crashing/red border, here's what I did to resolve those issues:

1. Google app crashes: Flash OpenGApps immediately after flashing the ROM (before 1st boot), this worked for me at least.
2. Dev Options/red border: Flash the ROM over itself after initial setup. After doing that the red border flash stopped & dev options started working.

I want to say thanks to you Vince, thanks for all of your hard work & not giving up on this device.

Reactions: vince2678

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Tested build lineage-15.1_j5_20180727_NIGHTLY-gtelwifiue:
With TWRP recovery and GAPPS provided by op links.
Data & Dalvik cache wiped.

Stuck at LineageOS boot animation and then the tablet just shuts off after a while.
dmesg.log: https://pastebin.com/EraQqv77

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
Tested build lineage-15.1_j5_20180727_NIGHTLY-gtelwifiue:
With TWRP recovery and GAPPS provided by op links.
Data & Dalvik cache wiped.

Stuck at LineageOS boot animation and then the tablet just shuts off after a while.
dmesg.log: https://pastebin.com/EraQqv77

Dmesg alone is not useful at all. You're better off getting a logcat.

Try a clean install with no gapps and see if that works.

Previous image worked fine, and nothing much changed, so there shouldn't be any reason why it fails to boot (other devices with images built today work fine).

--Edit--

A lot of the issues might have to do with old firmware on the device, so before you flash a custom ROM you'll need to make sure you're on as recent a stock ROM/firmware as possible to avoid any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zep0th

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Same here.Tried the new go version and hung on animation screen then tab just shut down.So yup something has changed.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Ok another little update.Before i flashed back my original stock backup I decided one more time to flash the newest non go version.Same thing.Hangs on animation screen then tab shuts down.Nothing is working out here

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
I returned to the latest stock imaged and then tried a clean flash without gapps. same thing.

EDIT:
Bootimage Debug Addition Patcher
seems to work for getting a logcat.

EDIT2: I've attached several different logs generated by Bootimage Debug.

Attachments

• los15.1logs.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
I returned to the latest stock imaged and then tried a clean flash without gapps. same thing.

EDIT:
Bootimage Debug Addition Patcher
seems to work for getting a logcat.

EDIT2: I've attached several different logs generated by Bootimage Debug.

Thanks. I'm on mobile at the moment, will look later. I've rerun the builds in `eng` mode, and with a change that was missing. Hopefully these will work.

Reactions: Zep0th and MikeEx

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks. I'm on mobile at the moment, will look later. I've rerun the builds in `eng` mode, and with a change that was missing. Hopefully these will work.
Thanks!

Tested lineage-15.1_j6_20180727_NIGHTLY-gtelwifiue:
Stuck at boot animation and shuts down.

I notice these lines several times in the logcat:
Code:
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.ui
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=3
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$UiHandler.handleMessage(ActivityManagerService.java:1864)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.UiThread.run(UiThread.java:42)
07-28 03:31:46.240  3212  3242 I am_crash: [3212,0,system_server,-1,java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException,length=1; index=3,ActivityManagerService.java,1864]

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Thanks!

Tested lineage-15.1_j6_20180727_NIGHTLY-gtelwifiue:
Stuck at boot animation and shuts down.

I notice these lines several times in the logcat:
Code:
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.ui
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=3
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService$UiHandler.handleMessage(ActivityManagerService.java:1864)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:46)
07-28 03:31:46.238  3212  3242 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.android.server.UiThread.run(UiThread.java:42)
07-28 03:31:46.240  3212  3242 I am_crash: [3212,0,system_server,-1,java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException,length=1; index=3,ActivityManagerService.java,1864]
Once again same issue with j6 version

silver9990

Oct 29, 2013
I did a dirty flash of the 7/27 build over the 6/25 build when I captured this log but I'm getting booted back to recovery on the 377p regardless of how I flash it.

Attachments

• lineage-15.1_j10_20180727_NIGHTLY-gtesqltespr-logs.zip
    999.1 KB · Views: 136

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
    Code:
    [B]SM-T377P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gtesqltespr[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-T560NU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gtelwifiue[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 15.1 for Galaxy Tab E [SM-T377P/SM-T560NU], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab E

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1, deadman96385, vlw, Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 5.0 (Lollipop)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-26
    Last Updated 2018-10-10
    New images are up for all devices. There are too many threads for me to update all the OPs forall of them, and no one reads those anyways.

A few changes/fixes i can remember:

- A lot of backend server and repo/device tree stuff that is not user visible, e.g cleaning up, rom support, e.g bringing dotOS, setting up github uploads and transferring artifacts there, etc.

- As a consequence, download server no longer hosts artifacts. Using the dl server will redirect to github releases, where the artifacts for most of the builds within the past ~ 1 year are hosted. Any builds before then were lost with the previous download server (s).

I've tried to issue builds for all devices and their variants within the last week. I haven't been well for a while, and working on this for this long continuously takes a lot out of me, so I'll be going on hiatus for an undefined period of time to rest, recover and take some me to focus on other things. Please don't PM me or mention me here or on telegram or email me, or contact me on github or wherever else i can be found, i really would like not to be bothered.

The server will remain up.
    Reserved

If this is your first time flashing O, you will need to install the latest unofficial TWRP image for your device from the links above before flashing a zip image, otherwise installation of a zip will invariably fail.
    New builds are up for gtelwifiue (20180822).

I'll leave the gtesqltespr builds to Emery, whenever he decides to fix them up and build them.

You can read the attached build changelog to see what changed this week (not a lot). I'll update the changelog on the second post later.

This is caused by the strict mode setting under the developer options. It flashes a red border around the screen when anything does a long operation on the main thread.