• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 15.1 for Grand Prime [S920L/G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W]

Search This thread

itexpert.120

Mar 22, 2018
itexpert120.github.io

Zippy Dufus

Feb 12, 2011
Im hawing troble with los 15 for sm g530h
Can not but after flashing rom text displaed says somthing about kernel.
And im unable to flash stock android with odin.
Any sugestions for this.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Sorry, I have no idea.

In hindsight, the first thing one should do after rooting ones' phone by installing TWRP is to perform a TWRP backup of the stock ROM.

The interesting thing about the stock ROM, at least for my model, is that upon boot, it always re-installs its own recovery so if you restored a TWRP backup of stock, TWRP would be overwritten by the stock recovery and your phone would return completely to its original condition.

For your problem, you can try any other builds for your model at https://download.msm8916.com/LineageOS/ and hope and see if any of them work. :(

Good luck.

kresnadetea

Feb 21, 2016
Jakarta
I think this version is kinda unstable for me. Slightly different from the lineage belongs ClydeVen, his rom more smoothly for daily use. For this, struck me as rather severe. Many applications run extremely slow and sometimes closed by force. Even though I've used an overclocked kernel, it's still slow.
The plus point is only the security patch is newer than ClydeVen's build.

Sorry if lil offended. But I'm here talking 'bout facts and experience of using.

Reactions: AngelDiaz1704

dzonili.021

Feb 27, 2015
Becej
Sorry, I have no idea.

In hindsight, the first thing one should do after rooting ones' phone by installing TWRP is to perform a TWRP backup of the stock ROM.

The interesting thing about the stock ROM, at least for my model, is that upon boot, it always re-installs its own recovery so if you restored a TWRP backup of stock, TWRP would be overwritten by the stock recovery and your phone would return completely to its original condition.

For your problem, you can try any other builds for your model at https://download.msm8916.com/LineageOS/ and hope and see if any of them work. :(

Good luck.
Stil not working :)

Послато са SM-N920C уз помоћ Тапатока

Jul 8, 2018
Just tried the ROM, it had some performance issues but I fixed them with tweaking the interactive Governor, witch gave me really good performance and battery life. There are some minor bugs but nothing unfixable with some frameworks.

Reactions: dzonili.021
Jul 8, 2018
can you share your governor setting please?
Sure thing:
These setting's might not be good for you because I have set them based on my usage but here it is:
above_hispeed_delay:20000 533333:20000 800000:50000 998400:20000
go_hispeed_load:99
hispeed_freq:800000
min_sample_time:30000
target_loads:65 200000:98 400000:50 533333:55 800000:60 998400:39 1094400:90 1190400:95 1209600:99
I didn't changed other setting's, and again try different thing's based on what you do with your phone. and just in case you don't know what everything does:
hispeed_freq - An intermediate "hi speed" at which to initially ramp when CPU load hits the value specified in go_hispeed_load. If load stays high for the amount of time specified in above_hispeed_delay, then speed may be bumped higher. Default is the maximum speed allowed by the policy at governor initialization time.

ii) go_hispeed_load - The CPU load at which to ramp to hispeed_freq. Default is 99%.

iii) min_sample_time - The minimum amount of time to spend at the current frequency before ramping down. Default is 80000 uS.

iv) timer_rate - Sample rate for reevaluating CPU load when the CPU is not idle. A deferrable timer is used, such that the CPU will not be woken from idle to service this timer until something else needs to run. (The maximum time to allow deferring this timer when not running at
minimum speed is configurable via timer_slack.) Default is 20000 uS.

v) target_loads - CPU load values used to adjust speed to influence the current CPU load toward that value. In general, the lower the target load, the more often the governor will raise CPU speeds to bring load below the target. The format is a single target load, optionally followed by pairs of CPU speeds and CPU loads to target at or above those speeds. Colons can be used between the speeds and associated target loads for readability. For example:

85 1000000:90 1700000:99

targets CPU load 85% below speed 1GHz, 90% at or above 1GHz, until 1.7GHz and above, at which load 99% is targeted. If speeds are specified these must appear in ascending order. Higher target load values are typically specified for higher speeds, that is, target load values also usually appear in an ascending order. The default is target load 90% for all speeds.

vi) above_highspeed_delay - When speed is at or above hispeed_freq, wait for this long before raising speed in response to continued high load. The format is a single delay value, optionally followed by pairs of CPU speeds and the delay to use at or above those speeds. Colons can be used between the speeds and associated delays for readability. For example:

80000 1300000:200000 1500000:40000

uses delay 80000 uS until CPU speed 1.3 GHz, at which speed delay 200000 uS is used until speed 1.5 GHz, at which speed (and above) delay 40000 uS is used. If speeds are specified these must appear in ascending order. Default is 20000 uS.

vii) timer_slack - Maximum additional time to defer handling the governor sampling timer beyond timer_rate when running at speeds above the minimum. For platforms that consume additional power at idle when CPUs are running at speeds greater than minimum, this places an upper bound on how long the timer will be deferred prior to re-evaluating load and dropping speed. For example, if timer_rate is 20000uS and timer_slack is 10000uS then timers will be deferred for up to 30msec when not at lowest speed. A value of -1 means defer timers
indefinitely at all speeds. Default is 80000 uS.

viii) boost - If non-zero, immediately boost speed of all CPUs to at least hispeed_freq until zero is written to this attribute. If zero, allow CPU speeds to drop below hispeed_freq according to load as usual. Default is zero.

ix) boostpulse - On each write, immediately boost speed of all CPUs to hispeed_freq for at least the period of time specified by boostpulse_duration, after which speeds are allowed to drop below hispeed_freq according to load as usual.

x) boostpulse_duration - Length of time to hold CPU speed at hispeed_freq on a write to boostpulse, before allowing speed to drop according to load as usual. Default is 80000 uS.

Reactions: zakhmiroh1

zakhmiroh1

Jun 27, 2019
Sure thing:
These setting's might not be good for you because I have set them based on my usage but here it is:
above_hispeed_delay:20000 533333:20000 800000:50000 998400:20000
go_hispeed_load:99
hispeed_freq:800000
min_sample_time:30000
target_loads:65 200000:98 400000:50 533333:55 800000:60 998400:39 1094400:90 1190400:95 1209600:99
I didn't changed other setting's, and again try different thing's based on what you do with your phone. and just in case you don't know what everything does:
hispeed_freq - An intermediate "hi speed" at which to initially ramp when CPU load hits the value specified in go_hispeed_load. If load stays high for the amount of time specified in above_hispeed_delay, then speed may be bumped higher. Default is the maximum speed allowed by the policy at governor initialization time.

ii) go_hispeed_load - The CPU load at which to ramp to hispeed_freq. Default is 99%.

iii) min_sample_time - The minimum amount of time to spend at the current frequency before ramping down. Default is 80000 uS.

iv) timer_rate - Sample rate for reevaluating CPU load when the CPU is not idle. A deferrable timer is used, such that the CPU will not be woken from idle to service this timer until something else needs to run. (The maximum time to allow deferring this timer when not running at
minimum speed is configurable via timer_slack.) Default is 20000 uS.

v) target_loads - CPU load values used to adjust speed to influence the current CPU load toward that value. In general, the lower the target load, the more often the governor will raise CPU speeds to bring load below the target. The format is a single target load, optionally followed by pairs of CPU speeds and CPU loads to target at or above those speeds. Colons can be used between the speeds and associated target loads for readability. For example:

85 1000000:90 1700000:99

targets CPU load 85% below speed 1GHz, 90% at or above 1GHz, until 1.7GHz and above, at which load 99% is targeted. If speeds are specified these must appear in ascending order. Higher target load values are typically specified for higher speeds, that is, target load values also usually appear in an ascending order. The default is target load 90% for all speeds.

vi) above_highspeed_delay - When speed is at or above hispeed_freq, wait for this long before raising speed in response to continued high load. The format is a single delay value, optionally followed by pairs of CPU speeds and the delay to use at or above those speeds. Colons can be used between the speeds and associated delays for readability. For example:

80000 1300000:200000 1500000:40000

uses delay 80000 uS until CPU speed 1.3 GHz, at which speed delay 200000 uS is used until speed 1.5 GHz, at which speed (and above) delay 40000 uS is used. If speeds are specified these must appear in ascending order. Default is 20000 uS.

vii) timer_slack - Maximum additional time to defer handling the governor sampling timer beyond timer_rate when running at speeds above the minimum. For platforms that consume additional power at idle when CPUs are running at speeds greater than minimum, this places an upper bound on how long the timer will be deferred prior to re-evaluating load and dropping speed. For example, if timer_rate is 20000uS and timer_slack is 10000uS then timers will be deferred for up to 30msec when not at lowest speed. A value of -1 means defer timers
indefinitely at all speeds. Default is 80000 uS.

viii) boost - If non-zero, immediately boost speed of all CPUs to at least hispeed_freq until zero is written to this attribute. If zero, allow CPU speeds to drop below hispeed_freq according to load as usual. Default is zero.

ix) boostpulse - On each write, immediately boost speed of all CPUs to hispeed_freq for at least the period of time specified by boostpulse_duration, after which speeds are allowed to drop below hispeed_freq according to load as usual.

x) boostpulse_duration - Length of time to hold CPU speed at hispeed_freq on a write to boostpulse, before allowing speed to drop according to load as usual. Default is 80000 uS.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime using XDA Labs

HungF*ckBoy

Feb 19, 2021
this is the smoothest rom for g530h, please fix the game arena of valor and some other games like shadow fight 2, please continue to develop this rom because I believe there will be no better rom cook. this rom no more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
    Code:
    [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530M[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunalteub[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XX)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortuna3g[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XC)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunave3g[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
    A: No.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 15.1 for Grand Prime [S920L/G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1, vlw, Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 4.4 (KitKat)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-12
    Last Updated 2018-09-03
    Important

If this is your first time flashing O, you will need to install the latest unofficial TWRP image for your device from the links above before flashing a zip image, otherwise installation of a zip will invariably fail.

For SM-G530P users, use the gprimelte unofficial twrp instead of the gprimeltespr one.
    For SM-S920L users, use the gprimeltetfnvzw official twrp instead of the unofficial gprimeltetfnvzw one.
    What works

Code:
    [B]
    * RIL (in-call audio, messaging, [I]data possibly[/I])
    * Bluetooth (including audio)
    * WiFi
    * Audio (music, etc)
    * Camera (including video recording)
    * Flash
    * Sensors
    * GPS
    [/B]

Known Issues

Code:
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]SM-G530P | SM-S920L [/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio is buggy (there's a persistent ring tone during calls).[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]All devices[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] NFC does not work. This is indefinitely broken[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Encryption does not work. This is indefinitely broken[/B]

Changelog

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]09/02/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Core control has been disabled permanently, in-kernel. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] NFC may (or may not) be working this build on capable devices.
       This is Untested. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Rebased lineage-15.1 branches in repos. This is mostly
       for our benefit; just to tidy up the repos and make commit history more descriptive,
       accurate and give proper credits to commit authors. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera recording should be working again.
       This was broken due to upstream android security change. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Reworked zram support in ROM. There are now two zram properties:
    	[I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I]
    	Set [I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] [I]true[/I] to enable zram;
    	and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I] to set the size of the zram disk.

If you set this too large the system will slow down. You can also just use a zram
      zip from the download server to do this automatically.[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]08/12/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera recording is broken.
       This is due to upstream android security change. [/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Reworked zram support in ROM. There are now two zram properties:
    	[I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I]
    	Set [I]ro.config.zram.enabled[/I] [I]true[/I] to enable zram;
    	and [I]ro.config.zram.size[/I] to set the size of the zram disk.

If you set this too large the system will slow down. You can also just use a zram
      zip from the download server to do this automatically.[/B]

* [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Enabled zram by default for low-ram (1GiB) devices [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]07/26/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera recording should be working normally again [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] sdcard (vfat/fat32) should work fine in recovery [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Some stutter and lag issues have been fixed 
         (tweaked core_control, among others) [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] exFAT support has been restored [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Re-enabled QS transparency [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Removed go-gapps from lineage-go [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Reduced kernel logcat buffer size from 512KB to 256KB (slight RAM saving)[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] zram has been disabled by default. If you want this, you can set the 
        property [I]ro.config.zram[/I] to true[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]06/03/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Frequency scaling issues should be fixed (stutter after suspend/resume should be gone). [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio should be fixed on multi sim devices. [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]06/01/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]MISC[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Go GApps are now embedded in LineageOS Go builds. [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]05/28/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Frequency scaling should be fixed (improved power savings) [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]05/21/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Thermal engine is now working proper (for better temperature control) [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Hidden Wi-Fi networks should now be connectable/reachable [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Power hal is now working proper (resulting in improved battery usage)[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]MISC[/COLOR]][/B] [B] RIL includes updated [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Blue"]MISC[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Misc. kernel updates (sdcardfs, binder) [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]04/27/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Brightness adjustment should be fixed for the fortuna3g/SM-G530H[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio should be working for the second sim on dual-sim devices[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]04/24/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Sim detection should be fixed for fortuna* devices.[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]04/23/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]MISC[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Added fortuna* devices.[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Video recording now works[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Bluetooth audio is fully working[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]13/03/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio should be working in the latest build[/B] 

* [B][[COLOR="Orange"]PARTIAL FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Camera flash and previews should be working, however, saving pictures or videos will not work. [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]06/02/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]REGRESSION[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio is broken [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]20/11/2017[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] WiFi is working[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] RIL functions (Calling, texting, data) should be working, including in-call audio [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Music and video playback should be working [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]12/11/2017[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] First working image built. [/B]

I've regenerated all twrp images - the sdcard (fat32/vfat) issue should be fixed.

These are dated '20180725' and are available on the download server (link in OP).
    Yeah.. That would be silly, as the error says.

=== Edited ===

I'll elaborate. I don't mean to sound rude in my previous post.

The kernel and all critical system services need some memory, both static (for the kernel code, application code, etc) as well as space for accounting or anything variable (page tables and other data structures).

The system will absolutely let you set a ridiculous size for zram, no doubt. But since zram is swap (with the highest possible swapping priority set), the kernel will swap out any pages it can if it has the chance. Since there'll be so much space in zram, the kernel will eventually try to swap out more than is tenable (zram is in *RAM*, so past a certain point swapping a page from RAM to RAM will have no saving, even with compression) and thrashing will result, making the system grind to a halt.

ZRAM also does not automatically clean up freed up space. So, for example, if I make a 1GB zram, format it with a file system, say ext4, and fill it up with a zeroed file, then remove the file, all that space will still be marked as allocated in RAM in the kernel, even if the file system says it's free, since the kernel doesn't know how zram works, nor zram how any underlying data structure placed on it works. You will need to deactivate the zram disk (and thus deallocate the memory) to free up that space.

So, when you get that warning, don't ignore it and go set the size manually anyways using kernel adiutor or something else. It's a cause for trouble.

And when I change something in the ROM, say disable zram for all devices, it's for reasons like this. Me, Sean and Emery were very much against this and other decisions by Dyneteve, like core control, because forcing optimizations like this on users is very bad. Trust me on this. So the compromise I reached was to leave them there, but disabled.

I have a degree in these things; I'm a computer scientist, favouring low level system design and programming, so trust me when I make a decision like this.

=== Edited ===