• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 16.0 for Grand Prime [S920L/G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W]

Search This thread

Dragon_16

Mar 1, 2017
There's something different in G530H USB files, that means that Rom's made for this model will have problems in USB if installed in G530BT (this model is made for Brazil, so Samsung made some changes). To fix this, will need to extract the boot.img from the ROM and make some changes.

What files do you modify in boot.img?

Well I would like to make the modification for DotOS 2.5 fortuna3g.

But I own a DotOS 2.4 fortuna3gdtv.

What program do you use to make this modification?

I wonder where they get the files to compile rom for fortuna3gdtv.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Vince2678 I would like your help, I am looking to compile a custom rom, in the case of DotOS 2.5 for fortuna3gdtv, but I would like to know where I can get the files from fortuna3gdtv to do the compilation, or how I can extract these files from a rom already compiled to fortuna3gdtv.

I have a rom already compiled for fortuna3gdtv DotOS 2.4.

bgboss

Jan 9, 2017
Guarulhos
What files do you modify in boot.img?

Well I would like to make the modification for DotOS 2.5 fortuna3g.

But I own a DotOS 2.4 fortuna3gdtv.

What program do you use to make this modification?

I wonder where they get the files to compile rom for fortuna3gdtv.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Vince2678 I would like your help, I am looking to compile a custom rom, in the case of DotOS 2.5 for fortuna3gdtv, but I would like to know where I can get the files from fortuna3gdtv to do the compilation, or how I can extract these files from a rom already compiled to fortuna3gdtv.

I have a rom already compiled for fortuna3gdtv DotOS 2.4.

You will need Android Image Kitchen, this program allows you to extract the boot.img. First you will need to grab the stock ROM (or another ROM that has USB working) boot.img and drag it inside the Android Image Kitchen folder, after that, just drag the boot.img into the unpackimg.bat. Then you will need to grab a file named boot.img-dtb that you be inside the folder named split_img that just got created and keep it in another place (like your desktop), after that just open the cleanup.bat (it will erase the boot.img folders that got created) and do the same steps to extract the custom ROM boot.img, and then you just need to drag that boot.img-dtb that you keep it in another place inside the split_img folder from the custom ROM and replace it. After you finish doing this, just open the repackimg.bat, this will repack the folders into a new img file named "image-new". Just rename this to "boot" and drag it inside the ROM's zip and flash it. The USB should be working now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragon_16

Dragon_16

Mar 1, 2017
You will need Android Image Kitchen, this program allows you to extract the boot.img. First you will need to grab the stock ROM (or another ROM that has USB working) boot.img and drag it inside the Android Image Kitchen folder, after that, just drag the boot.img into the unpackimg.bat. Then you will need to grab a file named boot.img-dtb that you be inside the folder named split_img that just got created and keep it in another place (like your desktop), after that just open the cleanup.bat (it will erase the boot.img folders that got created) and do the same steps to extract the custom ROM boot.img, and then you just need to drag that boot.img-dtb that you keep it in another place inside the split_img folder from the custom ROM and replace it. After you finish doing this, just open the repackimg.bat, this will repack the folders into a new img file named "image-new". Just rename this to "boot" and drag it inside the ROM's zip and flash it. The USB should be working now.

I did the procedure but did not recognize the chip.

pokekingz44

Jun 14, 2019
hi everyone, I have a g530w and I tried to install the os but it does an infinity boot (I followed the instructions and read them many times before trying) anyone can help???

Edit: it says ''Updater process ended with ERROR: 7''

Last edited:

Shiro39

Dec 27, 2018
been using it for couple of months (I kept moving from rom this to that and now back to LineageOS because I really love a clean and stock-looking rom) everything works fine and even Substratum works perfectly fine

haven't tried it with dual sim tho, the first time I flashed this build it has a problem with the dual sim and now I only use single sim

would love to get an updated build. security patches or bug fixes maybe? one of the most annoying bug for me is that the network indicator won't show up even if I enabled it in the settings

Zep0th

Feb 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 9
it's insane how far the grand prime has come with it's still active users it's a shame i'ts no longer updated.
I gave this phone to my fg and she currently uses it with lineageGo 16.0

M.Duncan

Apr 3, 2019
been using it for couple of months (I kept moving from rom this to that and now back to LineageOS because I really love a clean and stock-looking rom) everything works fine and even Substratum works perfectly fine

haven't tried it with dual sim tho, the first time I flashed this build it has a problem with the dual sim and now I only use single sim

would love to get an updated build. security patches or bug fixes maybe? one of the most annoying bug for me is that the network indicator won't show up even if I enabled it in the settings

Have you noticed any pixelated image or videos in you device? I'm having this weird bug in the go version.

Houtarou

Sep 10, 2016
Hey!
I've a rooted G530H (XXU1ANIJ) on KitKat 4.4.4.
I want to update it to 5.1.1 at least.
Can someone help?

Zippy Dufus

Feb 12, 2011
Hey!
I've a rooted G530H (XXU1ANIJ) on KitKat 4.4.4.
I want to update it to 5.1.1 at least.
Can someone help?

Carefully read the original post:
  1. Confirm your device
  2. Download TWRP and your desired ROM for your device See Download
  3. Install TWRP (I strongly suggest to do a TWRP backup of your original ROM and copy it to a safe place)
  4. Install ROM. See Instructions.
  5. Hope for the best!

Last edited:

M.Duncan

Apr 3, 2019
Please fix the pixelated image on videos(i.e. instagram) on the Go version(fortunave3g) besides that is pretty good for daily use. But I think the developer is gone D;

haquang2004

Jul 25, 2019
Ho Chi Minh
Please fix the pixelated image on videos(i.e. instagram) on the Go version(fortunave3g) besides that is pretty good for daily use. But I think the developer is gone D;

Did you get that problem on browsers too?

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Man does otg works on this rom
And if i wanted to play games is this rom is smother than the orginal ?

You should better wait until it was at least in the beta stage.
I recommend you using this rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gr...om-resurrection-remix-n-5-8-3-galaxy-t3596669

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Is it possible to port this rom for sm-g531h (grandprimeve3g)?

It has a different soc, so maybe no

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

This ROM work in sm prime plus? Plz any one helpe me I need a custom ROM for prime plus

NO
Go find it in the search box

Lokyaziis

Jul 25, 2019
Hey. Thanks for the work dude!!
works fine on SM-G530FZ

One question, what about Micro G ??
I ask about the Signature Spoofing stuff...
in case there is a word for dev on the micro g wiki !! (down the page, with a link for the patch !!)
If it is not patched and you are not going to do it, there are tool to patch it myself, but only if the rom is not odexed or have been deodexed ?

Thanks bro!

Last edited:

asharpe946

Aug 11, 2019
SM-G530MU (gprimeltetz) doesn't boot after flashing

Hi,
Has anyone used these lineageOS 16 ROMs on SM-G530MU (gprimeltetz)?
(eg https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/lineage-16.0-j5-20190102-NIGHTLY-gprimeltezt )

I flashed stock (from Sammobile) using Odin - all working fine.
Then flashed TWRP (from TWRP.me for this device) using Odin - all fine.
Then booted into TWRP recovery and flashed the lineageOS zip.
There is a bug somewhere which causes the updater script to fail on the ro.product.device check. So I commented the device check out, re-zipped, re-md5sum'ed, used TWRP to wipe cache and reflashed.
The flash succeeded (MD5 check passed, flash finished successfully).
But booting resulted in blank screen, which eventually rebooted itself into recovery.

I tried the previous release zip, but no difference.

I'm using LineageOS 16 on my wife's old S4 mini, but I'm keen to get it working on the Grand Prime if I can.

I haven't done any Android ROM debugging before, but I work in software so I'll have a go at finding any logs which might help.

What logs would be useful, and what's the easiest way to get them?
Or suggestions for other things to try?

Thanks!
Andrew

asharpe946

Aug 11, 2019
SM-G530MU (gprimeltetz) doesn't boot after flashing - bluetooth

Hi,
Has anyone used these lineageOS 16 ROMs on SM-G530MU (gprimeltetz)?
(eg ]https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/releases/releases/tag/lineage-16.0-j5-20190102-NIGHTLY-gprimeltezt )

I flashed stock (from Sammobile) using Odin - all working fine.
Then flashed TWRP (from TWRP.me for this device) using Odin - all fine.
Then booted into TWRP recovery and flashed the lineageOS zip.
There is a bug somewhere which causes the updater script to fail on the ro.product.device check. So I commented the device check out, re-zipped, re-md5sum'ed, used TWRP to wipe cache and reflashed.
The flash succeeded (MD5 check passed, flash finished successfully).
But booting resulted in blank screen, which eventually rebooted itself into recovery.

I tried the previous release zip, but no difference.

I'm using LineageOS 16 on my wife's old S4 mini, but I'm keen to get it working on the Grand Prime if I can.

I haven't done any Android ROM debugging before, but I work in software so I'll have a go at finding any logs which might help.

What logs would be useful, and what's the easiest way to get them?
Or suggestions for other things to try?

Thanks!
Andrew

Found a post which mentioned the /data/tombstones folder which is accessible from TWRP recovery. I've posted an excerpt from one of the tombstone files here. It appears to be related to the bluetooth module (com.android.bluetooth).

Code:
LineageOS Version: '16.0-20190102-NIGHTLY-gprimeltezt'
Build fingerprint: 'samsung/lineage_gprimeltezt/gprimeltezt:9/PQ1A.181205.006/4748873d1a:userdebug/test-keys'
Revision: '0'
ABI: 'arm'
pid: 10135, tid: 10174, name: btu message loo  >>> com.android.bluetooth <<<
signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
Abort message: '[FATAL:btm_ble_gap.cc(488)] Check failed: p_vcs_cplt_params->opcode == HCI_BLE_VENDOR_CAP_OCF. 
'
    r0  00000000  r1  000027be  r2  00000006  r3  00000008
    r4  00002797  r5  000027be  r6  9549496c  r7  0000010c
    r8  954949a4  r9  95494df4  r10 95494998  r11 95494df0
    ip  95494908  sp  95494958  lr  b2371e19  pc  b2369c6a

backtrace:
    #00 pc 0001cc6a  /system/lib/libc.so (abort+58)
    #01 pc 0007b433  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::debug::BreakDebugger()+10)
    #02 pc 0008b033  /system/lib/libchrome.so (logging::LogMessage::~LogMessage()+758)
    #03 pc 0014402f  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (btm_ble_vendor_capability_vsc_cmpl_cback(tBTM_VSC_CMPL*)+78)
    #04 pc 0014e2a7  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (btm_vsc_complete(unsigned char*, unsigned short, unsigned short, void (*)(tBTM_VSC_CMPL*))+38)
    #05 pc 0015e117  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (btu_hcif_command_complete_evt_on_task(BT_HDR*, void*)+442)
    #06 pc 0007c33b  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::debug::TaskAnnotator::RunTask(char const*, base::PendingTask*)+162)
    #07 pc 0008de03  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::MessageLoop::RunTask(base::PendingTask*)+322)
    #08 pc 0008e037  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::MessageLoop::DeferOrRunPendingTask(base::PendingTask)+26)
    #09 pc 0008e2db  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::MessageLoop::DoWork()+218)
    #10 pc 0008efbb  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::MessagePumpDefault::Run(base::MessagePump::Delegate*)+98)
    #11 pc 0008dbef  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::MessageLoop::RunHandler()+62)
    #12 pc 000a1605  /system/lib/libchrome.so (base::RunLoop::Run()+80)
    #13 pc 0015e5c1  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (btu_message_loop_run(void*)+188)
    #14 pc 001ae721  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (work_queue_read_cb(void*)+52)
    #15 pc 001ad2f3  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (run_reactor(reactor_t*, int)+218)
    #16 pc 001ad1ed  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (reactor_start(reactor_t*)+44)
    #17 pc 001ae387  /system/lib/libbluetooth.so (run_thread(void*)+142)
    #18 pc 00063fd5  /system/lib/libc.so (__pthread_start(void*)+22)
    #19 pc 0001de2d  /system/lib/libc.so (__start_thread+24)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images for your device. Any device not on this list is not supported on this thread: If you install firmware from this list onto an unsupported device, any issues are your responsibility entirely, and I am not obligated to help in any way.

Code:
    [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530M[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunalteub[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XX)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortuna3g[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XC)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunave3g[/B][/COLOR]

Download

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the link below and flash it using the ODIN tool (see Instructions below). You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do:

ROM Downloads can be found at:

You will probably need to install GApps (Google Apps Suite) as well if you want access to Play Store, and other Google apps. There are two versions:

Instructions

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Submit the logcat here on the forums, or on the Telegram group.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
    A: No.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS/Go 16.0 for Grand Prime [S920L/G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1, vlw, Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 5.0 (Lollipop)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-09-26
    Last Updated 2018-10-10
    New builds are up (20181117) for all devices.

A few changes/fixes i can remember:

- Proper serial number is displayed in Settings

- Dark theme now works

- November security fixes

- New stock launcher (QuickStep)
    New images are up for all devices. There are too many threads for me to update all the OPs forall of them, and no one reads those anyways.

A few changes/fixes i can remember:

- Sim detection issue is now fixed, and possibly in call audio for dual sim devices.

- RIL/Telephony works for P builds.

- Audio works fully for P builds.

- Bluetooth mac address is now read from efs and set proper.

- A lot of backend server and repo/device tree stuff that is not user visible, e.g cleaning up, rom support, e.g bringing dotOS, setting up github uploads and transferring artifacts there, etc.

- As a consequence, download server no longer hosts artifacts. Using the dl server will redirect to github releases, where the artifacts for most of the builds within the past ~ 1 year are hosted. Any builds before then were lost with the previous download server (s).

I've tried to issue builds for all devices and their variants within the last week. I haven't been well for a while, and working on this for this long continuously takes a lot out of me, so I'll be going on hiatus for an undefined period of time to rest, recover and take some me to focus on other things. Please don't PM me or mention me here or on telegram or email me, or contact me on github or wherever else i can be found, i really would like not to be bothered.

The server will remain up.

Fz? Will you support it?

Please add support for fortuna3g

Please don't spam the thread with requests, this is only an alpha build. I'll add support for other devices once I've done some testing myself.

Great keep up the work.
    By the way you are only supporting one device or it is just like alpha stage?

Yes, just an alpha stage. More devices will be added later.
    Reserved

What works

Code:
    [B]
    [STRIKE]* RIL (in-call audio, messaging, [I]data possibly[/I])[/STRIKE]
    * Bluetooth (including audio)
    * WiFi
    * Audio (music, etc)
    * Camera (including video recording)
    * Flash
    * Sensors
    * GPS
    [/B]

Known Issues

Code:
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]SM-G530P | SM-S920L [/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] In-call audio is buggy (there's a persistent ring tone during calls).[/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]All devices[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Audio is buggy (music playback through speaker/headphones in particular) [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] RIL (telephony) is broken [/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] NFC does not work. This is indefinitely broken[/B]
    * [B][[COLOR="Red"]BUG[/COLOR]][/B] [B] Encryption does not work. This is indefinitely broken[/B]

Changelog

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]27/09/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]FIX[/COLOR]][/B] [B] WiFi should be working on the latest build [/B]

Code:
    [COLOR="Black"][B]26/09/2018[/B][/COLOR]
    * [B][[COLOR="Green"]NOTE[/COLOR]][/B] [B] First working image built. [/B]