• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] RessurectionRemix 6.x.x for Grand Prime [SM-G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W]

Search This thread

L4zyD0g

Help my sd card cannot read

Can anyone help me please. I used my 64gb sdcard to flash this ROM. And I successfully flashed it. But when I try to access my memory card on “files” app it cannot read my files. I tried changing to other sd cards and the “files” app seems to read it. Only my 64gb.memory card cannot read, but it can read on TWRP. Please help. I attach the SS

Im on latest build XCU fortunave3g

Attachments

• 0F09CCEA-3CF5-4775-ACDB-F493DC8761A9.jpg
    0F09CCEA-3CF5-4775-ACDB-F493DC8761A9.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: enteharah6

enteharah6

May 4, 2019
installed rr-oreo-j20-20181014-NIGHTLY-gprimeltexx.zip

nice rom - provides a 2nd life for my Grand Prime. Many thanx for the good effort.

What I am concerned is that Trust reports SELinux being deactivated while other users in this thread report either SELinux being in permissive or enforcing modes.

TWRP reports full SELinux support but there is an error which I do not understand.

The phone was trying to become rooted some time ago.

My understanding is that RR OS is coming /wo need of root. I do not need a rooted phone to run RR OS ?

What can I do do e.g. to activate SELinux in RR OS? - preferrably /wo need to install and seup again completely from scratch.
Recommendations highly appreciated.
His please send me app root

Soumy1234

Aug 19, 2017
The button settings in the configuration section is missing the hardware settings. How can we add them?

L4zyD0g

Please Help

Can anyone help me please. I used my 64gb sdcard to flash this ROM. And I successfully flashed it. But when I try to access my memory card on “files” app it cannot read my files. I tried changing to other sd cards and the “files” app seems to read it. Only my 64gb.memory card cannot read, but it can read on TWRP. Please help. I attach the SS

Im on latest build XCU fortunave3g
Please Help

Reactions: lemohli_

Soumy1234

Aug 19, 2017
What sizes are your other SD cards?

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

It's Media Scanner problem i always keep him off but i use some xposed module with automate app to trigger when i need that for example after update music, some games (unity games!!!) and unpacking some source gz or similar stuff.
Can you tell me what Xposed module you used?

L4zyD0g

I used this ROM for quite sometime, but I switch phone and then back here again at GP but I noticed when I flashed this ROM.

NO PORTABLE HOTSPOT ? WHY? :(

Is there any solution? Please help me I attached the SS

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20190512-144315.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20190512-144315.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 121

L4zyD0g

What is the name of this font of clock lockscreen? So that I can revert back to the old font. I changed the font and the font of the clock in the lockscreen becomes like that in the SS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190512-152307.jpg
    Screenshot_20190512-152307.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 113

Soumy1234

Aug 19, 2017

It's on the 20180804 build. That's the latest hotspot is on as far as I know :good:

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

@vince2678, if you ever make another build for this rom, could you please look back to your 20180804 build? Compared to the newer versions (even the newest version), I feel that this older rom has the better/ best experience. It isn't as laggy and is more fluid, double tap to lock on the lock screen works, turn on torch with power button on screen off is available, hotspot is there, and maybe some other things that I've yet to mention. No pressure, but I'd appreciate it if your newer builds were more like this one. Thanks for your time.

Reactions: haquang2004

L4zyD0g

It's on the 20180804 build. That's the latest hotspot is on as far as I know :good:

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

@vince2678, if you ever make another build for this rom, could you please look back to your 20180804 build? Compared to the newer versions (even the newest version), I feel that this older rom has the better/ best experience. It isn't as laggy and is more fluid, double tap to lock on the lock screen works, turn on torch with power button on screen off is available, hotspot is there, and maybe some other things that I've yet to mention. No pressure, but I'd appreciate it if your newer builds were more like this one. Thanks for your time.

I highly agree to you, The j12 version or the latest version is laggy compared to older versions but the older versions doesn't have portable hotspot HAHAHA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    56593d8991.png

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
    Code:
    [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530M[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunalteub[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XX)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortuna3g[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XC)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunave3g[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
    A: No.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] RessurectionRemix 6.x.x for Grand Prime [SM-G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1, deadman96385, vlw, Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 4.4 (KitKat)
    Based On: RessurectionRemix

Version Information

Created 2018-03-21
    Last Updated 2018-09-03
    I've regenerated all twrp images - the sdcard (fat32/vfat) issue should be fixed.

These are dated '20180725' and are available on the download server (link in OP).
    I'm aware of the power issue. We're looking into it.
    It seems *someone* managed to get the build bot token and proceeded to ban everyone from the telegram build channel. I won't mention any names, but you can guess who that is. This is pretty low and childish; I would have expected better from this person.

Apologies if you were kicked from the channel. I'll be making a new one, and generating a new bot.

A new channel was overdue anyways.

===== Edit ====

It would seem jenkins was attacked and messed with as well to some extent, and the entirety of both gerrit instances nuked.

I'll have these up and running again in a bit; for now I'll close off all access to the main server to find the extent of the intrusion.

I'll change this comment with any updates.

===== Edit ====

The new channel is at :

https://t.me/Samsung_MSM89XX
    vince, you also leave this device?

no, I'm still around and we're still working on the roms for these devices.