[UNOFFICIAL][ROM] RessurectionRemix 6.x.x for Grand Prime [SM-G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W]

Search This thread

Houtarou

Sep 10, 2016
Hey!
I've a rooted G530H (XXU1ANIJ) on KitKat 4.4.4.
I want to update it to 5.1.1 at least.
Can someone help?

haquang2004

Jul 25, 2019
Ho Chi Minh
I'm not sure what difference that makes. I just want to be able to run PUBG but it requires Android 5.1.1 that's why I want it.

About rom, I recommend this: https://xdaforums.com/grand-prime/development/official-xenonhd-7-1-2-galaxy-grand-t3614600

Custom roms mean roms made by users, not by the
manufacturer, and stock roms is roms made by manufacturer (the rom you're using is a stock rom).

The link I provided above is a custom rom. Its Android version is 7.1.2 (too much for you, eh?) and it has better performance than the stock rom that helps you play PUBG smoother (at least comparing with stock rom).

But, you know... although it's an "official" rom, it still contains sone risks. If you don't want to risk, then choose your country and varient to download stock rom from this site: http://samsung-firmware.org/downloa...al Sim)/0m03/SER/G530HXCU1BOI1/G530HSER1BOI1/.

But I think the first link I provided you is worth trying. It has been tested and has been marked as "official", so I don't think it will cause any problems.

If you want help, just pm me :)

Reactions: Houtarou

anila18

Aug 22, 2019
About rom, I recommend this: https://xdaforums.com/grand-prime/development/official-xenonhd-7-1-2-galaxy-grand-t3614600

Custom roms mean roms made by users, not by the
manufacturer, and stock roms is roms made by manufacturer (the rom you're using is a stock rom).

The link I provided above is a custom rom. Its Android version is 7.1.2 (too much for you, eh?) and it has better performance than the stock rom that helps you play PUBG smoother (at least comparing with stock rom).

But, you know... although it's an "official" rom, it still contains sone risks. If you don't want to risk, then choose your country and varient to download stock rom from this site: http://samsung-firmware.org/downloa...l Sim)/0m03/SER/G530HXCU1BOI1/G530HSER1BOI1/.

But I think the first link I provided you is worth trying. It has been tested and has been marked as "official", so I don't think it will cause any problems.

If you want help, just pm me :)
He

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    56593d8991.png

Code:
    ** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your
       phone or causes thermonuclear war  and ends the
        world as we know it. You have been warned.

ROM Information

Device Names

Verify your device codename before downloading any firmwares or recovery images!
    Code:
    [B]SM-G530T/T1/W[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimelte[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530P[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltespr[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-S920L[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltetfnvzw[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530MU[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltezt[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530FZ[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]gprimeltexx[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530M[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunalteub[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XX)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortuna3g[/B][/COLOR]
    [B]SM-G530H (XC)[/B] - [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]fortunave3g[/B][/COLOR]

Download

Instructions

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

If you are completely new to flashing custom ROMs and have no idea how to begin, start by downloading a TWRP image for your device from the links above and flash it using the ODIN tool (see below).

You cannot flash a custom ROM over stock recovery, so downloading a custom recovery is the first thing you will need to do.

Installation via recovery (TWRP/LineageOS Recovery)
    * Download a recent .zip file from the links above for your device.

* Reboot into recovery mode [Press Power+Volume Up+Home].

* Wipe your data and cache partition (equivalent to doing a Factory Reset)
    if you are coming from a stock ROM.

* Either: Plug in your phone into your computer, copy the zip file to a location on your Internal or External Storage on a device, click Install on TWRP on your phone and locate the zip file in the phone, or:

* Plug in your phone into your computer, and open Advanced->ADB Sideload on TWRP on your phone and swipe the slider to enter sideload mode.
    Then open a command prompt/terminal on your computer in the folder you put the file by Shift-Clicking (Shift+Right Click) and selecting "Open Command Prompt/Terminal Here" (you will need to have adb installed) and type:

adb sideload name_of_zip.zip

to sideload the file. Replace name_of_zip.zip with the name of the file. If you are running Linux you may need to type adb kill-server and use sudo adb sideload if you get an `Insufficient Permissions` error.

* Download and flash GApps in the same way.

How to provide logcats

Under Windows:

Code:
    [B]* Install samsung device drivers and then
     the adb utils from here:[/B]

[url]https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979[/url]

[b]* Then enable developer mode, connect your phone to usb,
     and from [B]cmd[/B] paste this command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > %userprofile%/Desktop/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your desktop.[/b]

Under Linux:

Code:
    [b]* Install the adb utils from your distribution's
     package manager and execute the command:[/b]

[I]adb logcat > ~/logcat.txt[/I]

[b]then try to reproduce the bug.[/b]

[b]* The logcat file will be on your home directory.[/b]

* Create a bug report at https://bugs.msm8916.com/ and paste the logcat there.

* If you cant connect the device through adb on windows because the drivers, connect the device over wifi, enable adb over network on the quick setting tiles, and type:

Code:
    adb connect [ip address here]

And then the adb logcat command for windows.

FAQ

Q: Are you taking device requests?
    A: No.

Q: Are you accepting feature requests?

Q: Can you make XXX ROM as well as LOS?

Q: Can I throw money at you?
    A: Most certainly. Donations are always welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] RessurectionRemix 6.x.x for Grand Prime [SM-G530H/FZ/M/MU/P/T/T1/W], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    vince2678, minz1, deadman96385, vlw, Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: >= 4.4 (KitKat)
    Based On: RessurectionRemix

Version Information

Created 2018-03-21
    Last Updated 2018-09-03
    I've regenerated all twrp images - the sdcard (fat32/vfat) issue should be fixed.

These are dated '20180725' and are available on the download server (link in OP).
    I'm aware of the power issue. We're looking into it.
    It seems *someone* managed to get the build bot token and proceeded to ban everyone from the telegram build channel. I won't mention any names, but you can guess who that is. This is pretty low and childish; I would have expected better from this person.

Apologies if you were kicked from the channel. I'll be making a new one, and generating a new bot.

A new channel was overdue anyways.

===== Edit ====

It would seem jenkins was attacked and messed with as well to some extent, and the entirety of both gerrit instances nuked.

I'll have these up and running again in a bit; for now I'll close off all access to the main server to find the extent of the intrusion.

I'll change this comment with any updates.

===== Edit ====

The new channel is at :

https://t.me/Samsung_MSM89XX
    vince, you also leave this device?

no, I'm still around and we're still working on the roms for these devices.