[UNOFFICIAL] [ROM] Spark-OS - Stable- for Mi A3 (Laurel Sprout)

Search This thread

albert11d

Jan 19, 2023
How do I change light or dark mode to look like this?(the QS is dark and the notification space has a light background and notifications)
material_you_1621405057224_1621405149658.jpg

Awesome rom!

Has pretty much all the features I need, including configurable volume steps and smart charging. Gapps bundled with bloat limited to minimum.

Very stable, installation went without problems, and in a few days I didn't see any app crashes. The only problems I've seen are minor visual glitches (alarm icon missing from statusbar, cursor glitching when entering text, rotation context button not appearing when 2-button navigation is used, generally nothing to cry about).

Most impressively, the rom feels very responsive, scrolling lists is super smooth. Seriously, last time when this phone worked this smoothly was back on Android 10.

Thank you for breathing life back into my laurel!

Violent_Idiot

May 25, 2019
Awesome rom!

Has pretty much all the features I need, including configurable volume steps and smart charging. Gapps bundled with bloat limited to minimum.

Very stable, installation went without problems, and in a few days I didn't see any app crashes. The only problems I've seen are minor visual glitches (alarm icon missing from statusbar, cursor glitching when entering text, rotation context button not appearing when 2-button navigation is used, generally nothing to cry about).

Most impressively, the rom feels very responsive, scrolling lists is super smooth. Seriously, last time when this phone worked this smoothly was back on Android 10.

Using with 912 kernel?

Greillx

Jan 23, 2023
I'm loving this rom, i like everything except for the fingerprint sensor, i can't make it work. The first two days i've been using it was ok, but later it stoped working properly, i tried with the january version this time and it still the same.

I would like swaping the kernel to the recomended one here, but everything right now is working so well that i'm afraid, specially for banking apps. Any fix other than trying with the 912 kernel?

Big thanks to Manoj for this awesome rom!

Reactions: manojkrishkumar

nov01

Apr 23, 2013
Sofia
Sorry for bothering but i want to ask .. if i have the 13.3 build is it going to be ok to flash the new version without wiping system, etc..

manojkrishkumar

Sep 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A3
I'm loving this rom, i like everything except for the fingerprint sensor, i can't make it work. The first two days i've been using it was ok, but later it stoped working properly, i tried with the january version this time and it still the same.

I would like swaping the kernel to the recomended one here, but everything right now is working so well that i'm afraid, specially for banking apps. Any fix other than trying with the 912 kernel?

Big thanks to Manoj for this awesome rom!
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Like we have discussed in the previous threads, Only fingerprint on ambient and AOD is bugged. Other than that, FOD is fine. Use dt2w and fod. May take some time to make it a muscle memory.

2. Both stock kernel and 912 are recommended. If you feel stock kernel is good enough, changing kernel is unnecessary.

Reactions: gorankx

manojkrishkumar

Sep 1, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A3
Awesome rom!

Glad to hear that! Custom roms cannot be perfect, not even the stock. It is okay to have minor glitches that we barely even notice.

This is the 19th release of the rom and it has completed 1year and never missed a month.

Laurel is a good device in budget range and my primary device till date. So, the priority has been to make it stable to be used as a daily driver as long it lives.

Reactions: kubetts and gorankx

phacyde

Nov 3, 2013
Waited a month to give my feedback, it's all good, never been so good in fact. Battery, photo (MGC 8.7), no bug so far, monthly update, no reboot (frequent in another popular rom) it's better than a new phone !
Thanks a lot for sharing with us this wonderful rom, happy 1 year and hope for another one :)

mirasifbaloch

May 22, 2012
Waited a month to give my feedback, it's all good, never been so good in fact. Battery, photo (MGC 8.7), no bug so far, monthly update, no reboot (frequent in another popular rom) it's better than a new phone !
Thanks a lot for sharing with us this wonderful rom, happy 1 year and hope for another one :)
Which 8.7 mod u r using, i tried result is corrupted pics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1644804313845.png

Spark OS (Unofficial) - Android 13

ReadMe: DISCLAIMER :

This is my personal build that I am using it as daily driver and I am sharing it in this thread. I am not planning to make the development official due to time concerns, but I'll make monthly builds in free time and release it. You may also join the telegram channel or post queries in this thread and it will be addressed. Do not ask for OTA in any formats. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermal problems, or any problems you face in your personal or business life because of your dead device. Do some research if you have any concerns about the features included in the rom before flashing it. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and If you point fingers on me for messing up your device, GOOD LUCK !

1644804839149.png

AOSP based rom with customization focused on stability, Pixel like experience and most of all smoothness.

What is working ? :

Almost everything is working including:
    • Stock like FOD (implemented Framework Dimming)
    • Volte
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
    • Turbo Charging
    • Screencast
    • Banking apps work fine
    • Prebuilt recovery included
    • And all most widely used stuffs for daily use.
    Known issues:
    • Call volume adjustment in Instant messaging apps (Whatsapp, telegram, Duo,etc) for wired headsets don't work. Will be fixed later. Fixed
    • There is a little bit offset in UDFPS animation position, but fingerprint scanning works fine (cosmetic bug). Fixed
    Installation:

If you are coming from Stock Rom or other custom rom, Clean flashing is Mandatory and follow the steps below

• You MUST have unlocked bootloader and android 11 firmware on your phone - Remove your lockscreen password!!
    • Flash LineageOS recovery or A13 boot image via fastboot fastboot flash boot <name of the recovery img file>.img Click here to download LOS Recovery img and zip | Boot Image
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Perform a factory reset
    • Navigate Apply update -> apply from ADB
    • Sideload the rom zip file adb sideload <rom zip name> or if you have sd card or otg just copy the rom in that and flash through sd card or otg.
    • Follow the same process to flash los recovery zip (OPTIONAL) (the same way how u flashed rom zip) - Prebuilt recovery is shipped with rom since May 2022 security patch.
    • Reboot System and Enjoy
    To Upgrade to future spark builds you can dirty flash. Follow the steps below
    • Reboot to los recovery (in case you've installed that) or prebuilt recovery.
    • Sideload the rom zip file adb sideload <rom zip name> or if you have sd card or otg just copy the rom in that and flash through sd card or otg.
    • Follow the same process to flash los recovery zip (the same way how u flashed rom zip). (Skip this step if you need prebuilt recovery).
    • Reboot system.
    For Users who prefer rooted experience (Magisk 25.2)
    • Reboot to your recovery after flashing rom or whenever you wish
    • Sideload Magisk zip file adb sideload <magisk zip>
    • Reboot to system.
    • In magisk app, enable Zygisk and enforce denylist. Select Play Services, Playstore, Banking apps and other apps that are crashing due to root.
    • Clear data on these apps for the device to get certified and retain functionality.
    • Reboot again.
    Note: For updating to Magisk 26.1,
    • You must have Magisk 25.2 on your device and update to Magisk 26.1 within the app with no modules disabled.
    • You will get a prompt to flash Magisk inside the app.
    • Select "Direct Install (recommended)"
    • Reboot and Hide Magisk from the app settings.
    • Hide your banking apps properly along with google playservices and playstore.
    • Then clear data on those apps, reboot again and setup your apps to retain full functionality.
    • Follow this method properly to get all modules working. Otherwise some modules like jamesdsp (if you have installed) may break.
    [If you're about to patch the boot image, here is the updated new boot image (06-Apr-2023)]

Though Custom Kernels are supported (like 912, Noname), It is preferred to use the kernel that is shipped with the rom.
    • Download and install Franco Kernel Manager or Horizontal Kernel flasher to your device (search google)
    • Flash kernel zip only in FKM or Horizontal Kernel flasher.
    • Reboot.
    If any app closes or crashes while you're opening it, it might be Safetynet issue, to solve this,
    • Flash safetynet fix in magisk. Click Here
    • Sometimes, custom kernel may solve the situation.
    • Clear data of the crashing apps.
    • Reboot and relaunch the apps.
    Miscellaneous: Magisk modules that I use in my device Click Here

Join our Telegram channel for updates and Screenshots: Telegram Channel Updates

Pl note there is no telegram chat group, queries will be entertained in XDA only!

About Spark OS Rom

Device: Xiaomi Mi A3 (Laurel_Sprout)​
    Maintainer: Manoj Krish Kumar​
    Build Type: Unofficial​
    Rom OS Version: Android 13 (Upgraded: 16-September-2022)​
    Rom Kernel: 4.14.289-Raven+ (Updated: 02-May-2023)​
    Firmware: Included with rom​
    SELinux Status: Enforcing​
    Spark Latest Version: 13.5.5-v3​
    Latest Release Date: 02-May-2023​
    Android Security Patch Level: 05-February-2023​
    Initial release: 14-February-2022 (Android 12)
    Final release: 02-May-2023 (Android 13)
    Credits:

Thanks to these warm hearted people for their tree source.
    1. Magicxavi - AncientRom A3, LMOdroid A3, Syberia A3
    2. Anirudhkosgi - PA A3
    3. Hemel - Corvus A3, Elixir A3
    Special thanks to my brother V I Hari Kumar (sweetin) for helping me to fix errors during the build and Kudos to spkal01 for the awesome rom source.

Build environment:
    Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, 16GB ram, 3.5TB storage
    Additional Screenshots
    Updated: 20-March-2023

For more screenshots, check telegram channel.
    23. Changelogs 02-05-2023 <<Optional Update - February 2023>>
    Still February patch​
    Improvements in UI/UX - Bigger FP layout, adjusted corner cutouts and paddings​
    Faster App launches​
    Prebuilt system intelligence and no more crashes​
    Voice Improvements (Better sound in recordings and voice notes)​
    Fully functional call recording in google dialer ( Install Google app from playstore to use this feature )​
    Mic fixes in some apps (Duolingo, etc)​
    Note:​
    1. Users can dirty flash if you're from any Spark 13.5.5, but if you want cleaner experience, Clean flash recommended. For others, clean flash mandatory!!​
    2. For your info, Next monthly release will be delayed... (no comment)​

22. Changelogs 01-04-2023 <<Optional Update - February 2023>>
    Addressed wifi denials - Wifi should be even faster and stable now​
    Addressed camera server denials - Most Gcams should work​
    Bluetooth HD audio (broken in previous build) is fixed. Tested: APTX, SBC. LDAC should work probably​
    Reworked night light implementation and fixed a fingerprint_hal denial​
    Removed certain performance props that have been hogging battery and memory​
    21. Changelogs 12-03-2023 <<Fixes - February 2023>>

Improvement in all aspects (App rendering, UDFPS, Performance) and with a lot of goodies inside (both device and source side changes)​
    Note: This build is almost a complete package. If you face any major bugs, feel free to report in this thread with logs. Perform a clean flash. Dirty flash will not boot into system

20. Changelogs 13-02-2023 <<Monthly UPDATE - February 2023>>
    Fixed CTS. Safetynet passes with or without root​
    Tuned UI paddings a little bit​
    Introduced battery-Stats​
    Some under the hood changes​

19. Changelogs 16-01-2023 <<Monthly UPDATE - January 2023>>
    Scrolling and app rendering improvements​
    Addressed audio denials​
    Fixed volume controls in VOIP apps​
    Switched back to Laurel's fingerprint​
    UI Tweaks​
    Readme:
    UDFPS on AOD and off-screen is buggy and has been removed​
    Flash 912 Kernel for smoother experience​

18. Changelogs 22-12-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - December 2022>>
    FOD Improvements (Now faster than previous versions)​
    Implemented AOD-DT2W in source​
    Updated power profile to A13 source​
    Removed prebuilt camera as of now​
    Fixed screen-recording lags​
    Readme:
    Rom's source has been rebased after Google's December Patch. You may face some cosmetic glitches rarely in launcher and in AOD's DT2W. They will be fixed in upcoming releases.​
    If you encounter any app-installation or out of space problems in playstore, clear data on playstore, playservices and reboot system. Then, proceed to app installation normally.​
    17. Changelogs 15-11-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - November 2022>>
    App Lock and Face Unlock are back​
    FPS and UI improvements​
    Workarounds in automotive libraries​
    Some Under the hood changes​
    16. Changelogs 09-10-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - October 2022>>
    Added AndroidAuto-stub as system app​
    FM Radio and Pixel Unlimited photos are back​
    Several under-the-hood performance and battery optimizations​
    **Users who dirty flash kindly check apps' network-permissions. If disabled, enable them or do a clean flash.​
    15. Changelogs 27-09-2022 <<Bug fix Update - September 2022>>
    Fixed app-incompatibility issues from playstore installation​
    Fixed microphone delays in most apps and calls​
    UI tweaks​
    14. Changelogs 16-09-2022 <<Android 13 Upgrade - September 2022>>
    Upgraded to Android 13. Initial Build​
    =============================================================​

13. Changelogs 24-08-2022 <<Optional UPDATE - August 2022>>
    Added missing automotive blobs from stock v12.0.22.0 (android car integration)​
    Reduced the number of CPU's running on the background to 1​
    Updated some hals​
    Disabled VSync on cpu rendered apps (fps optimization)​
    Some under the hood tweaks​

12. Changelogs 19-08-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - August 2022>>
    Switched back to A12 QS style​
    Fixed Adaptive Brightness, AOD overlays​
    Removed XiaomiParts, Improvized Haptics and Reduced boot-time​
    Updated Adreno blobs to LA.UM.9.16.r2-02500-MANNAR.0​
    11. Changelogs 23-07-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - July 2022 (2)>>
    Second and complete Release of this month​
    Fixed Brightness slider glitch​
    Removed Lawnchair, Spark launcher set as default (source side)​
    GameSpace Improvements​
    UI Optimizations​

10. Changelogs 19-07-2022 <<Monthly UPDATE - July 2022>>
    July Raven FP​
    Fixed mic issues in app voice calls (voice may have some delay initially)​
    Android 11 QS style (source side) - (Note: As of now, no toggle switch go back to A12 QS style)​

9. Changelogs 02-07-2022 <<OPTIONAL UPDATE - June 2022>>
    Fixed FOD max Brightness bug. Stock like FOD experience​
    Under the hood optimizations​
    8. Changelogs 26-06-2022 <<OPTIONAL UPDATE - June 2022>>
    Improvements in Wifi, VoIP and Location services​
    (Users can dirty flash if you're from 19-June-2022 Spark 12.4)​
    7. Changelogs 19-06-2022 <<UPDATE - STABLE-ANDROID 12L - June 2022>>
    Stock like FOD​
    Lawnchair as default​
    Fixed GPS reception on some apps with accuracy​
    New encryption props added​
    Some Feature addons and improvements​
    Raven June FP​
    6. Changelogs 16-05-2022 <<UPDATE - STABLE-ANDROID 12L - May 2022>>
    Magisk (root) supported, no more bootloops or crashes.​
    Launcher3 with D2TS as default​
    Wifi Hotspot client list​
    Updated Pixel Props​
    Spark-OS Recovery included​
    Ignore-window-secure-flags support​
    Updated translations.​

5. Changelogs 05-05-2022 <<UPDATE - BETA-ANDROID 12L - May 2022>>
    Note: ROOT/Magisk doesn't work. Those who don't root can flash the build
    Nuked Pixel launcher, Launcher3 with D2TS as default​
    Wifi Hotspot client list​
    Light QS tiles​
    Ignore window secure flags support​
    Updated Raven FP to May 2022​
    Removed Xiaomi parts and most Gapps (causing system img to exceed its size)​
    Some additional tune-ups in UI​

4. Changelogs 09-04-2022 <<UPGRADE - ANDROID 12L - April 2022>>
    Fixed volume control in wired headsets during calls on VOIP apps​
    Fixed some cosmetic bugs (lockscreen wallpaper, etc)​
    Updated Raven FP to April 2022​
    Pixel launcher​
    Fixed Face unlock registration on app lock​

3. Changelogs 02-03-2022 <<FEATURES UPDATE - February 2022>>
    Mic Optimizations​
    Added Face Unlock​
    Quick Tap​
    App lock and more​
    2. Changelogs 25-02-2022
    Minor system optimizations for enhanced stability​
    <<OPTIONAL UPDATE>>​

1. Changelogs 13-02-2022
    Initial Build​
    Lawnchair as default launcher and much more.​
    I use build from 13.2.2023 and also have problems with wifi. It disconnects me and does not see any wifi ... then all wifi appear and connects again. I use Ubiquiti APs, tried more firmwares, but no change. The other devices (30 devices) works well but my A3 disconnects. The A3 is sometimes "wifi blind" for 30 seconds, sometimes 20 minutes. I probably dont know how to provide log, sorry
    Fixed several denials including Wifi in an upcoming build that is about to release now, but sourceforge is too slow to upload.

Your wifi will be fast and stable then.