UnOfficial Rom Support Project
-= Introduction =-
We all love our phones and want the best out of them, at the same time we all are different and like different features for our phones. We see many new phones receiving official support for different roms and then we wish if we could get that rom on my phone.
UnORoms Project is an effort in that direction. The aim of this project is to provide Unofficial Support for different roms for our phone.
The definition of word "Unofficial Support" here is the ability to use rom on our phone for daily use like we do for CyanogenMod roms.
We all agree that our phone is a never dying phone with so much capability and this capability is what we have to harness.
-= Aims =-
- Multiple Roms Support ( CarbonRom, SlimRom, IllusionRom, OmniRom ... and more ) depending on feasibility and developer availability.
- Automated regular builds ( nightly, bi-weekly, weekly ) depending on build server availability.
- Verified Code using Gerrit to minimize bugs
- Update Notification out-of-box using Rom update notifier or update checker app
- Self hosted rom downloads
- One Git Repo for all supporting code
- Jira or similar tool for reporting bugs.
-= Current Status =-
- Succesful CarbonRom, SlimRom, OmniRom
- Nightlies Build is setup
- Basic download server is up
- Git Organization is setup
-= Current Roms =-
-= Team Members =-
-= Supporters =-
Please thank our supporters who are supporting this project.
@CoreWolf : Gave us build server
-= Resources =-
-= Request =-
The current nightlies server is non other than my laptop which is working day (for development) and night (for nightlies). It is getting low on space day by day with every new rom that I am trying. Currently nightlies are built in an external drive connected with USB3.
If you really think this project is a good effort, please consider funding towards a good build server that I could use for nightlies and towards the cost for maintaining the download servers. I do not want to put ads for supporting this project if you guys will chip in a bit.
Let me know if you have any other suggestions for supporting this project.