• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] [SODP] Lineage 15.1 for Xperia X Performance [EOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Lineage 15.1 for Xperia X Performance
Based on SODP

By Sjll

This is a stable and performance version

Download Link: AndroidFileHost
Choose the file named "dora"
OEM download : Link

How to flash:
Flash official 41.3.A.2.149
1. Wipe Data and flash in twrp
2. Flash oem in SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v17_tone.zip
3. Boot and Enjoy.

Feature: Performance, Stable, Gcam support.

Gcam recommend: MGC_6.1.009_MI8_A8.1+_V0_2.apk

For dual model
Add this in build.prop
Code:
    persist.multisim.config=dsds
    persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
    ro.telephony.default_network=9,1

Source code: Github

Also thanks to:
The LineageOS Team
The CyanogenMod Team
The SODP Team.
Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage 15.1 for the Sony Xperia X Performance

Contributors
Sjll
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-03-26
Last Updated 2020-3-26

Last edited:

Thujian

Mar 8, 2020
FuZhou
This rom's stability is better than the project treble.The QuickCharge is work and battary life is quite long.But it still has random reboot(seldom).

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

will we have orange fox recovery for "dora" or "x performance"
I think the TWRP is enough and OrangeFox is based on the TWRP

Reactions: Thestardr

LeafNic

Mar 27, 2020
I like this ROM very much. It works more stably on my Xperia x performance than treble and can use GCAM, but the game performance is not good. I hope sjll can continue to optimize. How can I donate it to you?

:p

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
No plan this time, sorry.
i like this rom. that's all:D
Thx.
I like this ROM very much. It works more stably on my Xperia x performance than treble and can use GCAM, but the game performance is not good. I hope sjll can continue to optimize. How can I donate it to you?

:p

My paypal is in my old thread bottom, glad if you could donate for my VPN costs. Thx.

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
Thanks Sill - I'm still testing but this Rom looks very promising. The usual bugs encryption, WiFi direct, random reboots, battery drain, etc.. are not present here.

For GCAM I only got version 5.3 (without night sight) to work. Very few version 6.1 apk work and I have not found any 6.1 with working night sight.

Thanks also for the dual sim configuration. I'll give that a try in the evening.

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Thanks Sill - I'm still testing but this Rom looks very promising. The usual bugs encryption, WiFi direct, random reboots, battery drain, etc.. are not present here.

For GCAM I only got version 5.3 (without night sight) to work. Very few version 6.1 apk work and I have not found any 6.1 with working night sight.

Thanks also for the dual sim configuration. I'll give that a try in the evening.

MGC_6.1.009_MI8_A8.1+_V0_2.apk
This version is OK.

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
Thanks - I found this version works too and has more options and modes:
Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02b6.5-A10.apk

You need to disable "Sabre" under the "Fix" menu item otherwise Night Sight will crash after taking a picture

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
I have both the single SIM (F8131) and dual SIM (F8132) model of this phone and I've tried a lot of custom ROMs for this phone most of which have bugs which make it impossible to use any of these ROMs as a daily driver.

This unofficial version of Lineage looks promising - At least for the single SIM model of the Xperia X Performance. Based on my experience with other custom ROMS for this phone I tested this version of Lineage for around two days and here are my findings:

-) ROM is stable and has good battery life - I did not experience any random reboots at all.

-) Encryption works - No issues here either

-) For the single SIM Xperia X Perf. the only annoying issue is a frequent error message "Your device failed verification and will not work properly" before Lineage boots. The phone powers down after the message is displayed and several start-up attempts are necessary before the phone boots up. This also happens for the dual SIM model.

-) The biggest issue for the dual SIM model is that Radio does not work at all - The phone cannot connect to any mobile network. This is not an issue for the single SIM model where Radio works fine.

-) Selinux is disabled but can be enabled pretty easily - I used an app "SELinuxModeChanger".

-) WiFi direct does not work but at least there are no negative side effects like high CPU usage and battery drain caused by this broken feature.

dcemu

May 20, 2018
Hi, is there a specific TWRP version to use with this rom?
I have tried the official TWRP but got a "could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer" when attempting to back up.

-) The biggest issue for the dual SIM model is that Radio does not work at all - The phone cannot connect to any mobile network. This is not an issue for the single SIM model where Radio works fine.

For F8132, mobile network worked after turning the Airplane mode on and off, but need to do this every time the phone reboot. Hope this will be fixed in the future.

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
I've been using this ROM for for 3 days - No restarts or crashes, everything is running smoothly.

I think we have ourselves a daily driver here! A first for this friggin phone.

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
One issue with this ROM is that USB OTG is unfortunately not working.

Serveral "OTG Checker" Apps report that USB OTG is supported by the OS but when I plug in an USB device (which is working on another phone) absolutely nothing happens. I can't see anything in the catlog either.

Does anybody have any ideas / advice on how to get USB OTG working or where I can start to debug this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage 15.1 for Xperia X Performance
    Based on SODP

By Sjll

This is a stable and performance version

Download Link: AndroidFileHost
    Choose the file named "dora"
    OEM download : Link

How to flash:
    Flash official 41.3.A.2.149
    1. Wipe Data and flash in twrp
    2. Flash oem in SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v17_tone.zip
    3. Boot and Enjoy.

Feature: Performance, Stable, Gcam support.

Gcam recommend: MGC_6.1.009_MI8_A8.1+_V0_2.apk

For dual model
    Add this in build.prop
    Code:
        persist.multisim.config=dsds
        persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
        ro.telephony.default_network=9,1

Source code: Github

Also thanks to:
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The SODP Team.
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 15.1 for the Sony Xperia X Performance

Contributors
    Sjll
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-03-26
    Last Updated 2020-3-26
    This rom's stability is better than the project treble.The QuickCharge is work and battary life is quite long.But it still has random reboot(seldom).

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I think the TWRP is enough and OrangeFox is based on the TWRP
    sorry for my bad English.. which one that i need to flash?. the dora file or OEM.. or both of them.. really sorry for my bad English ?
    Both
    Hi, and thanks for the work on this ROM.
    I'm having a problem trying to install the OEM from TWRP. If I try to install the zip, or if I try to sideload it from my computer, it returns the "Invalid zip file format" error. I downloaded the zip three times and I always get the same error. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Extract it, it has a .img file for flashing to "OEM" in twrp