[UNOFFICIAL] Systemless Xposed for Android 5.1/6.0 - v86.1 / 20160928 / SDK22/SDK23

Search This thread

Medeon

Dec 26, 2017
Dordrecht
first of all ... are you rly installing an old xposed framework from 2016? when installing magisk you don't need to install supersu at all. magisk app can handle su as well ..... best would be to flash an actual magisk and install the magisk app, then install xposed framework using the magisk app from the download section that fits to zhe sdk level of your android device.

I just switched from Magisk to SuperSU for a reason. My device (Sony Xperia M5) has got a kernel with a DRM fix that is not compatible with the latest version of Magisk. This means I will lose some functionality on specific Sony features (such as noise reduction on the camera). And Staying on Magisk v14 will mean some modules probably will not work for my device in the future. So all i want is to get systemless xposed to work on SuperSU, which currently results in the error messages as mention in my last post.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I just switched from Magisk to SuperSU for a reason. My device (Sony Xperia M5) has got a kernel with a DRM fix that is not compatible with the latest version of Magisk. This means I will lose some functionality on specific Sony features (such as noise reduction on the camera). And Staying on Magisk v14 will mean some modules probably will not work for my device in the future. So all i want is to get systemless xposed to work on SuperSU, which currently results in the error messages as mention in my last post.

This Xposed version is probably too old to work with SuperSU in sbin mode. It can't find it... You'll need SuperSU in the old regular mode instead, if possible.

kiwiman2000

Nov 9, 2012
Z4 Octa Core

not sure if this is the right place to ask

Has anyone gotten Exposed framework for
Z4 RK3368 Android 5.1.1 / Octa Core 64bit 3/32gb TV Box
working its a chinese box.. had it for a while.. work fine still no memory errors like so many other boxes.

I tried latest build 89 for sdk22 and it boots with black screen and mouse works and power button shows reboot or shutdown when pressed
only

I think its 64bit kernal only with OS being 32 bit.. or maybe thats the problem.

Last edited:

shaiya87

Mar 7, 2018
Hello! This xposed is very much needed because it is with this version that GPay works. But here there are versions only for 5/6 Android. Or is this topic abandoned? Add please for Android 7/8.

Last edited:

grep_i

Sep 19, 2015
Hello! This xposed is very much needed because it is with this version that GPay works. But here there are versions only for 5/6 Android. Or is this topic abandoned? Add please for Android 7/8.

If you want to use Xposed on Android 7/8 it is best to install Magisk Framework or Material Design Xposed Installer maybe this will also be of interest for you to study on Systemless Exposed for Magisk.
In the early pioneering days I did this a lot but nowadays I do not need those tools anymore to do advanced things.
Now it is strictly SuperSU and ElementalX kernel for me.

Last edited:

shaiya87

Mar 7, 2018
If you want to use Xposed on Android 7/8 it is best to install Magisk Framework or Material Design Xposed Installer maybe this will also be of interest for you to study on System Exposed for Magisk.
In the early pioneering days I did this a lot but nowadays I do not need those tools anymore to do advanced things.
Now it is strictly SuperSU and ElementalX kernel for me.
When using the module xposed for magisk, you can not use non-contact proxy through GPay, safetynet can not be checked.

Deeni131

Oct 23, 2016
God bless..My question is on uninstaller for lollipop 5.1 sdk 22 armv7. Which uninstaller should I use in case of bootloop?

Yjsks

Jun 23, 2019
Ulefone s7

Hi i have a problem with searching fir xposed framework for 4x ARM Vortex A7 architecture. Can someone help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to start this post off with a couple of very clear points:

• @rovo89 is the creator of the Xposed framework
    • This is a derivative work posted with his permission

This also means the following statements are true:

• I have only worked to bring the Xposed framework to Android 5.1
    • I have only worked to bring systemless support to Xposed on Android 5.1 and 6.0
    • I have not rewritten the framework from scratch

With that said, I present to you my first unofficial release of Xposed for Android 5.1/6.0. It is my hope that ultimately my changes can be reviewed and an official release posted. But first, the bugs must be squashed! I've written a few Xposed modules that work fine but by posting this unofficial release, I hope to expand my audience of module writers and testers.

How To Test
    • You must be on Android 5.1/6.0. It will NOT work on Android 5.0 (too many changes to ART).
    • You should have a working recovery.
    • If you left the Xposed app installed from Android 5.0, you should disable all modules before installing this framework. Busted modules may keep you from booting after installation otherwise.
    • I will need Xposed logs (and possibly logcats) to debug any issues. Remember, if your device won't boot after installation, its likely you can reboot to recovery and still grab the Xposed log (assuming Zygote started). It will be in /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log as error.log or error.log.old.

Known Issues
    • Devices with very little free space on /system may have trouble installing. Systemless installations are recommended if your device is supported. Non-systemless installs should be a last resort.

Downloads
    First, I'm going to shamelessly point you to the original Xposed for Lollipop thread. Why? Because I want you to read it. This release hardly differs from that one. And maybe, just maybe, it'll save some unnecessary private messages.
    • Did you read the original Xposed for Lollipop/Marshmallow thread?
    • xposed-v??-sdk2?-*.zip - Must be flashed with a custom recovery to install the framework.
    • xposed-uninstaller-*.zip - Can be flashed with a custom recovery to uninstall the framework.
    • XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha*.apk - Must be installed to manage installed modules.

Use the correct platform and SDK version for your device. Google your device or look in build.prop if you're not sure.

Can't find some of the downloads? Surprise! They're in the original Xposed for Lollipop thread. They're unchanged, so there's no need to post them here too.

Module Developers
    It would be incredibly useful to me for people to test the framework in the smallest "units" possible at first. By "unit" I mean things such as "resource replacement", "method replacement", "before method hooks", "after method hooks", etc. It doesn't do me a lot of good to know that some huge, complicated module causes system_server to crash without understanding at what level that's happening. This is actually what held me back from releasing. I have some test modules to use, but I don't have infinite time to write test modules, test the framework, etc.

For discussions, please use this thread or another matching one in this subforum. For historical discussion, please search this thread.

Downloads available here:
    Download Here

THIS EXPERIMENTAL UNOFFICIAL VERSION IS OBSOLETE. USE OFFICIAL XPOSED FRAMEWORK INSTEAD.

Intro
    Here comes another unofficial Xposed Framework super alpha release targeted for Lollipop 5.1.0 and 5.1.1.
    My version is based on @romracer 's initial version so credits go to him for doing
    the initial job to get the framework running on LP 5.1; as well as @rovo89 for all of his original work.
    Make sure to read the first post of this thread to learn basic info about unofficial Xposed Framework super alpha before proceeding any further.

As you may already know, many modules don't work on initial version of super alpha due to changes in ART between LP 5.0 - 5.1.
    I took an effort to go through all the changes in ART to find out what could be done to improve the framework
    for better 5.1 compatibility, and managed to identify areas where adjustments had to be made.

This means, this version should have better support for all those modules that were previously causing boot loops
    or other unexpected system/app crashes. But please note, that even if modules that previously didn't work start to work again,
    it is still necessary for them to be updated for Lollipop 5.1 compatibility - and that's a task for a particular module dev.
    Please, do not spam this thread with issues related to modules themselves. Use dedicated modules' thread instead.

THIS VERSION DOES NOT TARGET ANY SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ RELATED ISSUES

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING

Compatibility
    If previous super alpha worked on your device, new one will most likely work as well.

Files
    I have built two version of the framework, one for LP 5.1.0 and one for LP 5.1.1, even if there are no significant differences between 5.1.0 and 5.1.1.
    Both are for ARM 32bit platform. Make sure you choose the correct one for your system.
    - xposed-sdk22-5.1.0-arm-20150514 - tested on Nexus 5 running stock 5.1.0 (LMY47I)
    - xposed-sdk22-5.1.1-arm-20150514 - tested on Nexus 5 running 5.1.1 built from AOSP source (LMY47V)
    Files are attached at the end of this post.

Install
    - flash in custom recovery
    - make sure to wipe dalvik cache after flashing.

Source
    ART source code containing my changes is available at
    https://github.com/C3C0/android_art
    It's a fork of rovo89's original repository, with romracer's and my commits on top.

@romracer
    Please, consider updating info and downloads in the OP when you have time. Thanks.

----
    Regarding GravityBox; to avoid further confusion/speculations.
    Current version of GB is not fully compatible with Lollipop 5.1, yet. It will refuse to start on 5.1 even after
    xposed framework is updated to this new super alpha. I need some time to make GB compatible for 5.1 so please be patient and
    keep track of discussion within dedicated GravityBox module thread.
    Changelog

• suhide compatibility. See this post for details.

• Updated to v86. See @rovo89's post here for details.
    • Experimental - Systemless bug fixes for devices that can't mount /data in recovery.
    • Experimental - Systemless builds for Android 5.1 (SDK22).
    • NOTE - You must use the installer in post #1 or the Material Design Xposed installer if you use systemless Xposed. The default installer will not detect /xposed/xposed.prop.

• Updated to v85. See @rovo89's post here for details.
    • Experimental - Systemless bug fixes for devices that can't mount /data in recovery.
    • June 20th - Experimental - Systemless builds for Android 5.1 (SDK22). No changes to SDK23.
    • NOTE - You must use the installer in post #1 or the Material Design Xposed installer if you use systemless Xposed. The default installer will not detect /xposed/xposed.prop.

• Updated to v85. See @rovo89's post here for details.
    • Experimental - Systemless support for SDK23 (Android 6.0). This should work similar to @topjohnwu's though there are some significant differences. The uninstaller has not been updated yet.

20150911 - Never Forget.
    • Updated to v74. See @rovo89's post here for details.
    • If the official release works for you, there is no need to install this version, unless you want to test LZMA2 compression.
    • Experimental - Use LZMA2 compression for our backups. If you get errors while trying to install Xposed, this may help.
    • Experimental - Uninstaller supports LZMA2 compressed backups. Its also backward compatible with official and my previous unofficial releases.

• Disable resource hooking in Sygic
    • Disable fast access to TypedArray subclasses
    • Ensure system content providers are compiled before they are needed
    • See @rovo89's post here for details.

• Merge @rovo89's changes from upstream to support LG encrypted odex files. See his post here for details.
    • I do not have an LG phone to test. Please report back any problems. Be sure to clear dalvik cache after installing!

• Merge @rovo89's changes from upstream to support LG encrypted apps. See his post here for details.
    • I do not have an LG phone to test. Please report back any problems. Be sure to clear dalvik cache after installing!

• Include @rovo89's changes from upstream. See his post here for details.

• Include @rovo89's changes from upstream. There are no changes to the framework. If previous versions installed fine, then there is no need to update to this version unless you just really want to.

• Updated installer and bundled busybox. Should resolve issues with mounting /system during install in some cases and incorrectly detecting recovery's value for ro.build.version.sdk instead of the system's.

• Updated installer and uninstaller again. Installer is now less complex but still works on devices with low /system space. If you had no problems installing previous releases, then there's no need to update to this version. Uninstaller is backward compatible. See this commit for details.

• Updated installer and uninstaller. Installer is now a bit more intelligent in creating your backups. Uninstaller is backward compatible. If you had no problems installing 20150629, then there's no need to update to this version. See this commit for details.

• Update to v65 from @rovo89
    • Note: If the Xposed installer app (not zip) indicates the framework is not installed, then make sure you are using alpha4 of the installer app. This is a bug in alpha3 of the installer app.

• Updated to include @C3C076's commits here. Buy the man a beer!
    • For details, see commits #1 and #2.

FAQ
    • Unofficial FAQ maintained by the community is available here

Miscellaneous
    • Working and non-working modules can be found here. This is not an official list. Your mileage may vary.
    • If you get "low space warnings" after installation, make sure you wiped Dalvik cache in recovery. If they persist, your ROM may have modified build.prop. See this post for one way on how to fix it. This seems most common with Chroma ROMs.
    • If your ROM gzip's (compresses) the .odex files in /system, then Xposed will not work and you will bootloop. This is due to patchoat handling the gzipped odex files, but not correctly patching them for Xposed. This causes Xposed to trigger continuous re-dexopt'ing of the compressed odex file.
    Yet another version of unofficial Xposed Framework for LP 5.1

This version is in sync with the latest official xposed framework for 5.0 recently released by @rovo89.

REQUIRES XPOSED INSTALLER APP ALPHA4 THAT CAN BE OBTAINED FROM ROVO'S OFFICIAL XPOSED THREAD FOR LOLLIPOP

AS ALWAYS, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE YOU START MESSING WITH YOUR DEVICE
    Freshly compiled version containing some fixes, mostly taken from rovo89's official xposed repositories.

Changelog
    - Xposed: fixed xposed not writing to log on some devices (useful mainly for module developers)
    - ART: potential fix for debugger crash when debugging hooked methods
    - ART: fixed modules crashing on launch right after they get updated
    - ART: ignore unknown arguments passed to dex2oat,oatdump,patchoat and runtime (potentially improves compatibility with OEM ROMs)
    - ART: added gzip support to patchoat to potentially improve compatibility with CM-based ROMs (cherry-picked from CyanogenMod version of ART)

ARM version has been tested on Nexus 5 running stock 5.1.1
    ARM64 version reported to be working fine on Nexus 9 running CM12.1

Use at your own risk and make sure to have a ROM backup ready.

@romracer : FYI