Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Bugs :
  • You tell me

Instructions :
  • You need to have the bootloader unlocked or a disabled vbmeta flashed
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Gapps
  • Format or wipe /data
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Bugs :
  • Video recording not working with default camera, works on some third party apps such as Open Camera
  • Some features are implemented such as: Led control (front and back), granular fan control, triggers and gamespace (won't be implemented)
  • Selinux permissive

Notes :
    • Only Clean Installation Please
    • Bug Report Without logs means nothing
    • Lineage recovery isn't compulsory to flash the ROM but it is fancy and can flash fastboot partitions without having to unlock the bootloader

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0 and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :
    XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Red Magic 5G, ROM for the Nubia Red Magic 5G

Contributors
    DD3Boh
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-19

Reactions: cavjr08

vincy46

Nov 9, 2015
bootloop. and return on recovery... i wiped data.. after lineage..

---------- UPDATED------
sorry... it work i now try rom :) thank you

Last edited:

pOLLYpOCKET

Nov 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Is this Lineage OS had Fan control and LED stripe control at all? how's performance compare to stock OS?😁
any screenshot?

Performance is absolutely perfect. I've been using it since DD3Boh started a beta a while back. Everything works amazingly well. The only issue, as mentioned in the OP, is that video recording has really low volume for some reason. Other than that. The phone flies with Lineage on it. What screenshots do you want to see?

dvskin21

Jun 18, 2011
Does this rom have the Game Space built in as well?

Edit just saw it will not have gamespace or triggers implementes

Last edited:

KinglingexeM

Dec 16, 2020
failed to mount /odm invaild argument Help !~
bootloop cannot get in

after so many researchs and reboots i had to put it into f2fs to make it work BUT
the screen is buggy for some reason ( you know like non working tv red green yellow) <-- but not for the entire screen

Last edited:
Reactions: alexs77 and lasset
2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Bugs :
  • You tell me

Instructions :
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Gapps
  • Format or wipe /data
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Bugs :
  • Video recording not working with default camera, works on some third party apps such as Open Camera
  • Some features are implemented such as: Led control (front and back), granular fan control, triggers and gamespace (won't be implemented)
  • Selinux permissive

Notes :
    • Lineage recovery isn't compulsory to flash the ROM but it is fancy and can flash fastboot partitions without having to unlock the bootloader

• Reporting Bugs :
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops-0 and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

• Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

• XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors
    DD3Boh

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2020-11-19

is it possible to use this for the Red Magic 5s? Also, is wifi calling available on using this ROM or is it a hardware limitation?

alexs77

Mar 25, 2011
Switzerland
I now managed to get it to install (maybe because I installed from a USB stick?).
Besides LineageOS, I also installed open_gapps open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20201219.zip.

Before I installed, I did a wipe.

It boots fine but the first time setup wizard crashes after selecting the language (English US, but I also tried German Switzerland). At most I somehow made it to the section where the WiFi is to be selected. But then System UI will crash and I also get a crash from Android Setup.

Sometimes, I *am* able to connect to a WiFi and it shows as being connected in the upper right hand side. But then I get a screen showing "Couldn't connect". But I _am_ connected and on this WiFi, there is also NOTHING which would block anything.

ralovesoc

• Oct 11, 2020
    Iasi
    Xiaomi Mi 11

benn347

Dec 22, 2020
    You might have lost calibration. Did you permanently unlock?
    Thanks, but I don't quite understand. What do you mean with permanently unlock? When I Boot to bootloader, it shows "locked" and I need to do the "fastboot oem_unlock …" command.

anyway, how would I regain calibration?

achitate

May 27, 2016
    Hi I got my fp to prints in the in display fingerprint program, the problem so far is the lineage is scanner has a white color instead of the blue of the red magic rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210104-222442_In-Display_Fingerprint.png
      Screenshot_20210104-222442_In-Display_Fingerprint.png
      50.5 KB · Views: 89
    • Screenshot_20210104-222504_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20210104-222504_Settings.png
      73.4 KB · Views: 89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      failed to mount /odm invaild argument Help !~
      bootloop cannot get in

after so many researchs and reboots i had to put it into f2fs to make it work BUT
      the screen is buggy for some reason ( you know like non working tv red green yellow) <-- but not for the entire screen
      2okPze5.png

Code:
      /*
       */

Bugs :
      • You tell me

Instructions :
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the latest build
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash Gapps
      • Format or wipe /data
      • Reboot

Downloads :

Bugs :
      • Selinux permissive

Notes :

Reporting Bugs :

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :
        XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors
        DD3Boh

Version Information

Created 2020-11-19
        Last Updated 2020-11-19