• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Unofficial Touch PhonePad (+VGA) and vibrate dialpad

Search This thread

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
this is the phonepad artwork of ieuz did for the Magican 2 years ago from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=241106 , it had a wrong display for T9 in cap mode and have stoped in version 1.0 till now. All the artwork (C) by ieuz.

Just wanna make my hermes some up to date

i retouched the T9 mode, and put it to the "Phone Pad - English Only.CAB" from FTP so this is T9 English only!

ADDED: International T9 for German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Nowegian, Swedish (file attatch below)
ADDED: VGA version
I tested only on MS emulator, maybe it work or not on your real rom, please try, Thanks! VGA screenshot by carnero on FSC LOOX N560
ADDED: International T9 for Czech, Dutch, Turkish, Greek (file attatch in page 4 floor#32 contributed by mccune)

pccapture1du7.jpg
pccapture2ao6.jpg

2/ the 2nd cab is make vibrate when you touch the numbers in the dialpad (dial call), i love this so i make this for wm6 (didnt try to uninstall this)

Tested only on my hermes, hope it works for you too!
Please let me know,if it's work with another model too. Thanks bro!

origin version here http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Hermes_Utils

Attachments

• phonepadvibratewm6.cab
    4 KB · Views: 8,160
Last edited:

frenchglen

Sep 20, 2006
Ok, just letting people know, for those using SKTools - trying to set this version of phone pad as default SIP with the "input methods" tool will not work, it renders the system inaccessible upon soft reset. I tried three times and had to hard reset every time.

SIPChange does the job with this one.

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
SIPchange is default to my rom, and didnt know why SKTools makes the system inaccessible.

you tried 3 times, so i needless to hint you uninstall pre-version before install this.

the new international t9 i made the cab sefl-register some dll files. i try with SKTools later.

thanks for info us bro!

amenon12

Jun 20, 2007
works fine on htc-apache...

many thanks vua777, and hello all. the aku 3.5 for apache killed the default phonepad application and i was getting frantic for something that would allow me one-handed texting. installed cleanly on the PPC-6700 and works out of the box.

best...... amenon

jshooter

May 14, 2005
Wow, thanks a lot, it looks awesome!
I think it's too much asking but could you make a cab with spanish t9 only?

Thanks again and regards!

darkat

Apr 18, 2007
I've try this pad on my Trinity, it work fine and I like really much.
I like to think to myself like a graphic designer, but I totally ignore all of programming, so can someone tell me how to extract the skin to understand how it work and create one myself?

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
thanks all for your confirms success worked with other devices.

@jshooter & darkat: for making your own single lang or edit skin
you need some tools by google internet and this great forum:

1/ "WinCE CAB Manager" for edit, extract.. file/registry for Windows Mobile cab file (this tool is easy to use like wysiwyg)

2/ a resource editor for edit, export, import resource image/string from a dll/exe file (ex: "resource hacker") : wysiwyg

3/ "signcode" (search forum) for resign certifcate to the edited file (exe or dll) : total easy

that's all i think!
hope this cuold help, looking for your release!

darkat

Apr 18, 2007

1/ "WinCE CAB Manager" for edit, extract.. file/registry for Windows Mobile cab file (this tool is easy to use like wysiwyg)

2/ a resource editor for edit, export, import resource image/string from a dll/exe file (ex: "resource hacker") : wysiwyg

3/ "signcode" (search forum) for resign certifcate to the edited file (exe or dll) : total easy

that's all i think!

Thanks! I've found all suggested tools, now it's time to work for me... probably I break you again in a couple of days :rolleyes:

darkat

Apr 18, 2007

that's all i think!

Ok, first try first problem :rolleyes:

- Extracted .dll form .cab with WinCE CAB Manager
- Extracted 2 .bmp from IntelliPadPRC123.dll with ResHacker
- Created 2 new .bmp with same name, dimensions, color depth and nearly same size of original
- Replaced 2 .bmp with mine in IntelliPadPRC123.dll with ResHacker
- Try to sing modified .dll with signcode but it return:
Error: Signing Failed. Result = 80070057, (-2147024809)

I've not found this error for a case like mine in forum, I don't know what causes it.
Any suggestions? :(