[UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0.0-0 for the Pixel C (dragon-ryu) :: Current: 02-11-2016-1

Search This thread

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
Got the no command error after deleting that file in @cheep5k8 's instructions. Ideas @NYCHitman1 ? Tried everything. Flashed N image file by file, then M. The former got me back to the no command error. Flashing M has me stuck at the Google logo on boot. :mad:

Edit: Fixed it after hours of work, literally. Gonna be back on DP3 soon, but idk how to install SuperSU now because I can't get TWRP. If I use the method without deleting the file, it doesn't stick.

Last edited:

Istvan_86

Apr 9, 2011
Madrid
Is anybody else having trouble with @NYCHitman1 's version of TWRP? I cannot get it to mount the data partition and I can't see any of my files on my SD card. I am flashing it on a clean install of MXC89F.

Hi mate,

I have exactly the same issue in the same build than you after unlock bootloader and install TWRP. How did you solve the problem?

Also I´m using xceed kernel.

Thanks in advance.

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Reactions: Istvan_86

Istvan_86

Apr 9, 2011
Madrid
I did tell you that from the get-go lol

Hi,

Sorry didn´t try to steal any credits or similar, english isn´t my native language and sometimes I can´t express myself as good as I want.

I read a lot of post and forums, ask a lot of people, all help me (you the most xD), and sometimes is hard to express al the ideas in my mind or the steps that I did trying to solve the issues that I have.

Sorry again if my latest post looks bad :(

Anyway, back to our problem, I hope that Mustkeg can fix the issues he has.

Last edited:

MVP__911

Apr 5, 2013
On stock you are forceencrypted.
TWRP has still some issues with encrypted data partiton.

Are you able to format data inside TWRP ?
Afterwards can you copy supersu 2.72 via adb push to new formatted data partiton ?
If possible, install SuperSU.zip and boot normally into system again.
All done in TWRP no reboots in between.

If you cannot copy and install SuperSu 2.72 you have to install xceed kernel or other stock rooted kernel to be able to boot into system.

Strange issue .. you are not alone. :)

Upon finding out DU was released for the PIxel C, i wanted to give it a go... however, Im also having an issue getting TWRP to work with a fresh MXC89F install. I have previously unlocked the bootloader and installed XceeD, but when I flash TWRP, I can only boot into recovery (TWRP). I also cannot mount system or view contents of sdcard.

could U help me guys please

TWRP LOOP is killing me :(
am new to google devices

what is the easiest way to solve the problem?

ReVaNzz

Mar 16, 2016
Bricked??

I get the following when trying the fastboot flash recovery command
FAILED (remote: unsupported command)

Hi, I'm getting this error too when trying to flash again whatever "FAILED (remote: unsupported command)".
I flashed the TWRP version posted here once, and when rebooting the device just get into bootloader, no OS nor recovery mode works, it always drives me to bootloader.
Also there is a message on bootloader screen saying "OS on your tablet is damaged. Needs Recovery".

With all this mess, it seems fastboot is the only working tool, but when I try to flash recovery, OS, whatever... I get this back message "FAILED (remote: unsupported command)".

Any ideas?? :( :crying:

vman00

Aug 14, 2010
Hi, I'm getting this error too when trying to flash again whatever "FAILED (remote: unsupported command)".
I flashed the TWRP version posted here once, and when rebooting the device just get into bootloader, no OS nor recovery mode works, it always drives me to bootloader.
Also there is a message on bootloader screen saying "OS on your tablet is damaged. Needs Recovery".

With all this mess, it seems fastboot is the only working tool, but when I try to flash recovery, OS, whatever... I get this back message "FAILED (remote: unsupported command)".

Sounds like you have to update your drivers for when your devices is in fastboot. I had to update my android studio tools to android oero versions to the commands to work.

bernardomarx

Dec 31, 2021
Bricked??

Did you ever managed to fix this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is UNOFFICIAL TWRP for the Pixel C. That said, the TeamWin team greatly helped me in getting this working. But at the same time, neither TeamWin nor me take any responsibility whatsoever for any undesired outcome resulting from any kind of use of this project and project files! If you don't exactly know what you're doing then just walk away and do something good. Don't touch any options of which you don't exactly know what they're for!

What works:

* So far, everything; encryption support should work, but some feedback on this would be welcome

Problems:

* The GUI will be sometimes slow, sometimes super slow. This is probably due to the high screen resolution of the Pixel C.

How to install:

- Unlock bootloader
    - In the bootloader, run "fastboot flash recovery <.img file>"
    - Reboot into Pixel C bootloader
    - Boot into recovery (or later on/from Android through "adb reboot recovery")

If the recovery doesn't stick after booting into Android:

- Do the install procedure as above
    - Do NOT reboot into Android
    - Press Vol-Down + Power until you see the bootloader menu
    - Select "Boot into Android Recovery"
    - When in TWRP, mount system
    - Using TWRP's File Manager, or using adb, delete the file "/system/bin/install-recovery.sh"
    - Reboot

After doing this, OTAs won't work any longer, but they wouldn't work anyway after installing TWRP. Just so you know ;)

DOWNLOAD

twrp-3.0.0-0-dragon-ryu-02-11-2016-1.img
    SHA1 hash: 3e97aae6cc18975683eda2bd3732faaecec14166

Changelog

:: 01-19-2016-1

- Removed screen timeout by default, since the GUI is very slow and the screen unlock slider is very hard to use

- Added an option to fix the Fastboot Full Cap flag directly from TWRP; you find the option in "Advanced". If the Pixel C should ever not let you flash in fastboot, boot into TWRP, select Advanced -> Fix Fastboot, swipe to confirm, and you're set.

:: 02-11-2016-1

- Rebased on twrp/android-6.0 branch (i.e. upgraded to TWRP 3.0.0-0)

The recovery is based on the Pixel C stock kernel.
    @cheep5k8 - havent heard from you in a bit in this thread - any plans to update to 3.0.2.0? it solved the encryption issues on other platforms

having issues with the 2-11 build on NPC91K

3.0.2-0 Update is planned - but I can't guarantee that I get to it before the weekend...
    OK guys, if you really want actual SuperSU, and other root stuff, and decrypted /data, here's how it works but it's complicated and will only work tethered as far as I can tell.

First, download this boot image: dragon-boot-encryptable-01092016-1.img

Now here are the steps:

- make sure you have a stock boot.img handy in case something goes wrong (as usual I can not take responsibility but chances of bricking are extremely slim if you know what you're doing)
    - boot into fastboot
    - flash the above boot image to boot ("fastboot flash boot dragon-boot....")
    - flash the TWRP recovery (latest version) ("fastboot flash recovery twrp-dragon-...")
    - hold power+vol down pressed.. the device will turn off, keep it pressed even as it turns off, it will turn on again and you are in the coreboot menu
    - select "Android Recovery" which will start TWRP
    - in TWRP, select system as read only when it asks ("never write onto the system partition").. my boot image does not disable dm-verity which seems to be still in effect, so if you change /system, the Pixel will refuse to boot (even though it's unlocked... no idea)
    - once in TWRP, go to "Wipe" and then choose at the bottom "Format Data" (just wiping will not work)
    - when that's done stay in the recovery
    - get SuperSU 2.66 from somewhere and flash it through TWRP (using sideload for example)
    - when it's done, go to "Backup" in TWRP and only backup boot (the kernel) - no password - no compression
    - somehow copy the backed up kernel from the device to your computer ("adb pull" for example), but in no case let the Pixel boot into Android
    - when that's done, tell TWRP to boot back into the bootloader

Now get ready to be real quick...

- boot (just boot, not flash) the TWRP backed up boot image (it's 32MB large and called boot.emmc.win, but it's all good): "fastboot boot boot.emmc.win" (and now you have to be rather quick)
    - It will boot up for a second and then go back to the "The OS will boot in 30 seconds screen"
    - Again press power+vol down and hold it, even as the device turns off, until you're in the coreboot bootloader
    - There, choose fastboot again
    - And once again boot the boot.emmc.win image ("fastboot boot boot.emmc.win")

- Now let it boot up
    - If everything went OK you should be in Android, with decrypted /data, and SuperSU should be installed and working

If you want to avoid being encrypted again (although SuperSU should survive that) you will have to boot tethered everytime using that boot.emmc.win image.

Known Issues: Somehow because /data is decrypted, "Security" settings in Android will crash. Hopefully you don't need anything in there. You might also want to skip setting a lock pattern or pin when doing the initial setup, it might crash too.

So far, I tried installing AdAway using root which worked just fine.

If someone figures out how make this untethered: you da real MVP!
    +1

And USB OTG support would be a dream (for making Nandroids on sticks) :)

Yeah I will look into it, I need to buy some USB-C OTG adapter first, or an USB-C usb stick ;)
    OK, so, I'm running the device unencrypted now, but there are many issues still to resolve.